RAHEEM STERLING - Official Thread

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby LFC1990 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:25 pm

As i said before i wouldnt play him until he signs his new contract. He will f*ck his England chances up and a move to any club in the future and will end up at somewhere like West brom thinking I could have been the next big thing if i wasnt a tit

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:26 pm

Its stuff like this that turns players heads also. A year ago I wouldn't have thought ever leaving liverpool would have crossed his mind but now its a different story. God only knows what clubs have been in contact with his agent because of all this. The lad is still young and its possible madrid, bayern, city and barca could have been making calls. If any of those clubs are interested then it would be hard to say no.

Sure we have Ibe  :nod  But what happens when he makes a name for himself and wants more money ? At the rate we look to be going at he will be in sterlings position at the end of next season.

Say what you's want about comolli but at least deals were being done  :nod  but when he left this shambles of a committee/management system/Mystery machine thing we have going on was established. They are a complete joke and clueless in seemingly every aspect of football.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:32 pm

No club, especially one as great as ours should be held to ransom by anyone. We have had truly legendary players here and to my knowledge none have ever caused this type of trouble because they put playing for LFC above trying to get more money. Theyve stayed or theyve fu'cked off. Simple. If Sterling wants to play billy big balls and allows his agent to threaten the club with outrageous demands then sell him and cash in. He's nowhere near as good as he obviously thinks he is so lets see how he gets on somewhere else...
:glare:
Thommo's perm

Postby andy c legs » Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:11 am

what is a worry that this sort of thing may disrupt the squad and the team and subsequently results.

it would be great if we found out that the club has issued  an ultimatium to Sterling and given him a date in the summer like say 20th july for example and told him that if he does not sort himself out by then - then WE will sell him to the highest bidder.

For the sake of maybe repeating myself, there must categorically be NO REPEAT of the OWEN situation...
[b]I am and always will be in love with them...
andy c legs
LFC Basic Member

Postby algymoon » Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:28 am

We all know that BR is quite weak, however the LFC owner and the board of directors ought to press BR to drop him at once, because he is simply woudln't sign new contract to stay at LFC. Him mind is made up to go to M.City or Chelsea, for sure there are behind close doors some sort of agreement he would join another club. He should be droped at once, and the fans ought to give him hard time for his filthy attitude, he is unfaithful like Owen. He ought to get rid of at a high price.
Just examin his recent performances in recent games, which it have been quite Sh*t, and you could tell his mind is not focased on LFC it is somewhere else.

Drop him and get rid of him of this Sh*t.
algymoon

Postby RedAnt » Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:41 pm

I don't think we'd miss him too much. Getting rid would give the likes of Markovich and Ibe more game time. There's no sense in giving Sterling more games, keeping him warm for whoever he wants to f*ck off to. Get a healthy fee, invest it wisely then win the league next year. Sound plan.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby Santa » Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:55 pm

I might be old school here so while I would rather the club spend lavishly to bring a top top player in and pay whatever a player wants just to buy trophies, in my book there's a line of decency & sporting spirit that should not be crossed. Raheem as it stand have lost whatever respect or love I had of him with his prima donna attitude. I'll say £50M to Madrid or £65M to City whatever suits me just fine...while I agree that we should pay a good wages to those who performed but for a player just turned 20 this year, having performed on the big stage for less than 2 year to reject a £100,000 contract (up from his current £30,000 per week) is just ridiculous & greed. I applaud the club's stand in not budging to his £150,000 demand as it would set a bad precedent and could kill the mood in the dressing room as some such as Coutinho would feel the contract he've just signed was a raw deal being offered by the club, and agents will be lining up to knock on the door demanding a revised contract for his client. Ship this plague of a player out as soon as possible...let him sit on the bench or rot together with the rest of mercenaries at City.

Having said that, I believe Jordan Henderson is worth the £90,000~£100,000 salary. I do believe his position is more difficult to suitably replaced? Use the money and spend to get a top quality striker in then promote a few hungry young talents from the academy and I do believe we should be doing fine next season.
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kash_Mountain » Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:42 pm

RS has said he wants to leave it till the end of the season and "wants to concentrate on football". Hendo has said exactly the same thing, but no one is having a go at him?  It's the Press trying to whip up storm in teacup. RS and Hendo will both sign.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby Santa » Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:30 pm

Kash_Mountain » Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:42 pm wrote:RS and Hendo will both sign.

Oh...good to know and what a relief that these are now put to bed. I'm sure now BR can have one eye focused on planning for next season with both of them in the squad
  :laugh:
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:44 pm

algymoon » Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:28 am wrote:We all know that BR is quite weak, however the LFC owner and the board of directors ought to press BR to drop him at once, because he is simply woudln't sign new contract to stay at LFC. Him mind is made up to go to M.City or Chelsea, for sure there are behind close doors some sort of agreement he would join another club. He should be droped at once, and the fans ought to give him hard time for his filthy attitude, he is unfaithful like Owen. He ought to get rid of at a high price.
Just examin his recent performances in recent games, which it have been quite Sh*t, and you could tell his mind is not focased on LFC it is somewhere else.

Drop him and get rid of him of this Sh*t.

Inciteful, brilliantly thought out post. Really fantastic read.

FKG MUPPET !!!!!!!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:50 pm

Kash_Mountain » Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:42 pm wrote:RS has said he wants to leave it till the end of the season and "wants to concentrate on football". Hendo has said exactly the same thing, but no one is having a go at him?  It's the Press trying to whip up storm in teacup. RS and Hendo will both sign.

That old adage?
9 times out of 10 when players say they want to 'concentrate on their football' they are as good as saying they want out. Agents do all the negotiating anyway so I don't know why they want to leave it until the summer.
Last edited by ycsatbjywtbiastkamb on Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby sniffy98 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:51 pm

The guy might be acting like a bit of a ***** but he is a key player. Yes he can be a bit wayward in his end product but teams are scared of him. He makes things happen, he penetrates and is versatile. Big teams like Chavski (feel dirty saying that) and Madrid will happily snap him up and pay what he wants. A side of me hates the fact he's holding us to ransom but another side understands that this is the modern day player. The days of Carragher and the like are gone. It's not just us, we are linked to Walcott who is doing exactly the same to his club. Greedy *****. I just think Sterling would be incredibly hard to replace. The likes of Markovic are nowhere near his level.
sniffy98

Postby sniffy98 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:53 pm

Also, if we were to lose Sterling, Hendo AND Gerrard in one hit, it'd set us back a couple of years.
sniffy98

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:56 pm

sniffy98 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:51 pm wrote:The guy might be acting like a bit of a ***** but he is a key player. Yes he can be a bit wayward in his end product but teams are scared of him. He makes things happen, he penetrates and is versatile. Big teams like Chavski (feel dirty saying that) and Madrid will happily snap him up and pay what he wants. A side of me hates the fact he's holding us to ransom but another side understands that this is the modern day player. The days of Carragher and the like are gone. It's not just us, we are linked to Walcott who is doing exactly the same to his club. Greedy *****. I just think Sterling would be incredibly hard to replace. The likes of Markovic are nowhere near his level.

I actually think Ibe will be a better player than Sterling, cashing in on him now might be the smart thing to do.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby sniffy98 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:02 pm

Love Ibe. But that would mean waiting for him to reach the level Sterling is already at. And there's no guarantee that he ever will. It's a difficult situation. I'd be quite happy to let him go if we can bring in a Walcott AND have Ibe. But then you end up with another greedy *****.
sniffy98

PreviousNext

Return to Premiership - General Discussion