RAHEEM STERLING - Official Thread

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:35 pm

he's gettin more confident with each game. he must be loving it to be alongside one of the best in the world.
good to see it
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:31 am

He was very lucky with his goal today, he's not a great goal scorer..keeper got to it.
Still don't rate him that highly.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:49 pm

he missed a sitter but he was involved in most of our best attacks, he is starting to look the real deal, if he keeps this type of form up he`ll be going to the world cup.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:58 pm

suarez looked fair pi$$ed when he missed that sitter, all in all though he had a good game and im delighted to see he has learned to stay upright most of the time
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:02 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:49 pm wrote:he missed a sitter but he was involved in most of our best attacks, he is starting to look the real deal, if he keeps this type of form up he`ll be going to the world cup.

It's also fun to see how we're playing to his strengths which gives him more confidence. I love it when someone gives him a through ball to chase and he races past every defender ahead of him and ends up first to it even though he was a few yards behind them. Rodgers is finding ways to play to most players strengths, which is admirable.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:07 pm

Did well today then he had to miss....
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:09 pm

From London Metro

Liverpool youngster Raheem Sterling could be set for a loan move to Swansea until the end of the season.

The Reds are currently chasing a January move for Basel ace Mohamed Salah and the Egyptian’s imminent arrival at Anfield is likely to pave the way for Sterling to get regular first-team experience elsewhere.

Sterling has been a regular in the Reds’ side this term, making 17 appearances, including eight successive starts since injury to Daniel Sturridge at the end of November.

But his immediate future looks to be away from Anfield, with Rodgers keen to bring in Salah and allow Sterling to develop his potential elsewhere.

And Swansea look favourites to land a short-term deal for the 19-year-old.

The Swans have a close relationship with Liverpool, with several transfers having taken place between the two clubs since Brendan Rodgers made the move from the Liberty Stadium to take charge on Merseyside.

Strange one (if true), just as Sterling rediscovers some form Rodgers wants to ship him out on loan ?

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby mart » Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:26 pm

woof woof ! » Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:09 pm wrote:
Strange one (if true), just as Sterling rediscovers some form Rodgers wants to ship him out on loan ?

Especially as we keep complaining about a lack of squad depth and already have quite a few players out on loan.
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:00 pm

had read that one myself  :glare:
if aspas had of being a success and likewise with borini then id say raheem would have been sent out ages ago. both those are massive flops so i guess it a case of 3rd time lucky with salah.
imo only 2 of rodgers players has been an improvement on what was already here and i dont think salah will be an instant upgrade either.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:54 pm

No.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:20 pm

can't see it happening...BR would be hammered by the press and fans if he loaned out Stirling and his replacement flopped/got injured.

Edit: Pascoe has rubbished loan reports in the pre-match press conference today.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:39 pm

Mido (the Egyptian striker that played for Middlesbrough) wrote these rumors on twitter about a week ago. If that's their source then they are a bunch of idiots.

Would be a huge mistake if true. Some unproven player from Basel shouldn't automatically take Sterling's place who's been very good for us for a few games now. They both should fight for their place. Rodgers would look stupid as well considering his comments he made just two weeks ago about lack of squad depth.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:20 pm

Did well today against the Stoke players who were far taller than him. Not too sure if it was a penalty, but at least Suarez now has someone to share the boos with :D
maypaxvobiscum

Postby damjan193 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:27 pm

Shouldn't be sharing any boos. Wasn't a pen but it wasn't a dive either.

Good game form him again. Looks like he's turning into the player we all hoped he'd turn into. Had his opportunity while Sturridge was injured and he took it well. That's 4 extremely dangerous attacking players that we have now.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:47 am

I thought it was a penalty. The hip is a powerful thing since it is solid and and your centre of gravity, they use it in Judo regularly to get people to lose their balance and on the flip side if your hip is bumped when running it does not take much to lose your shape and fall over and remember the defender is bigger . It was similar to Eto's challenge on Suarez. Problem is people listen to pundits that were footballers say no penalty they repeat it even though when those same pundits were playing they would have gone done just as quickly with the same challenge.

Having said that Raheem did play for the penalty but it was a penalty.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Premiership - General Discussion