RAHEEM STERLING - Official Thread

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby Benny The Noon » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:21 pm

League 1 player ??? Now youre the one being deluded !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCZUS91lZd0
Benny The Noon

Postby Hustler 2 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:17 pm

He needs more minutes on the pitch, so we can see how good this kid is. Rodgers loved him last season giving Raheem cameo roles.
So why has he not featured much this season?

Unless he gets banged up for beating his missus up, then id like to see more of him.
Get down and Boogie !!!!
Hustler 2
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Stu the Red » Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:15 pm

Benny The Noon » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:21 pm wrote:League 1 player ??? Now youre the one being deluded !

I can see why people are bored of you.

Posting a youtube clip of someone to prove they're a good player?

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :D
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Sep 21, 2013 2:09 pm

StuYesThatStu » Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:15 pm wrote:
Benny The Noon » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:21 pm wrote:League 1 player ??? Now youre the one being deluded !

hey, it worked for Biscan  :grinning:
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu the Red » Sat Sep 21, 2013 2:13 pm

7_Kewell » Sat Sep 21, 2013 2:09 pm wrote:

Don't compare Sterling with Biscan... Biscan is a f*cking cult hero  :D

To be fair, Biscan had ability, he was very poorly treated and played in the wrong positions, he shown his ability in a couple of champions league games with his ability to go past players and spot weighted passes. Unfortunately I think he lacked the bottle and application needed. Bit of a strange one in all fairness, never as bad as made out.... but definately worth looking back at and laughing... The look on face was priceless! Always looked confused :D
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby Stu the Red » Sat Sep 21, 2013 2:13 pm

7_Kewell » Sat Sep 21, 2013 2:09 pm wrote:

Don't compare Sterling with Biscan... Biscan is a f*cking cult hero  :D

To be fair, Biscan had ability, he was very poorly treated and played in the wrong positions, he shown his ability in a couple of champions league games with his ability to go past players and spot weighted passes. Unfortunately I think he lacked the bottle and application needed. Bit of a strange one in all fairness, never as bad as made out.... but definately worth looking back at and laughing... The look on face was priceless! Always looked confused :D
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:15 pm

WHO IS RAHEEM STERLING ?

DURABLE AS 'MR GLASS' ?

MOONLIGHTING AS X FACTOR CONTESTANT MARCUS COLLINS ?

WHO f*cking CARES ,GET THE LAD A SPURS TOP AND PHONE' DAVEY LIVER CABS' AND HAVE DONE WITH IT 
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:25 pm

What exactly is it that Sterling has done wrong it be faced with the extreme criticism we currently see ?

He is a young lad with bags of talent but still developing his game - as he matures he is going to provide a great outlet for us in the wide areas and will cause teams lots of problems with his pace and skill.

He is still very raw and immature as a player and as a person but treated carefully with the right exposure we will have a hell of a player on our hands.

Why is he being called "Mr Glass" and shipping him off to Spurs ? And then suggest Aspas should get a chance instead of him ?

I know which player the club should invest a lot more time and energy into - the one who has a great future ahead of him and it isn't the lower league Spanish players
Benny The Noon

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:16 pm

sterling isnt setting the world alight at the minute but he`s still only 18/19, he`s got plenty of time to develop.
5 years is quite a long time in football, it`s half a career for some players but in 5 years time sterling will still only be 23! that stat gives some perspective on how young he is.
we shouldnt be expecting miracles from him at this stage of his career.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Stu the Red » Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:04 pm

No-one expects miracles, just the basics, which he is clearly lacking.

He's f*cking god awful to be quite honest.

He has nothing about him except he's fairly quick off the mark. He can't pass, has a poor touch, his link up play is shocking, he can't tackle, head a ball and even his dribbling, which is meant to be a strong point isn't great. How anyone can think this lad is the answer is quite frankly beyond belief.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby devaney » Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:35 am

Sterling replaced Downing and the reason was simple: Downing for his first 18 months at Liverpool was awful. I honestly believe this actually convinced a lot of people that Raheem is actually better than he is.Lets face It anything was going to be an improvement on Downing's pitiful contribution. After Raheem signed a new contract which took his wages from £2k a week to £50k a week he has been decidedly poor (some people would say fkg awful).Having said that I actually thought he did a half decent job as wing back against Crystal Palace.Yes I know the opposition was shight but credit where credit is due I think?
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:25 am

he definately needs to work on his ball retention and his passing like, i`m not arguing with you there, i`d say he loses the ball almost half the time he recieves it, if not more.
as stu says as well i must admit i was expecting him to be a better dribbler, in the U21`s he was a bag of tricks but maybe he`s been told to tone down the flashy stuff by rodgers now he`s in the prem.
when i first saw sterling i thought we might have the next ryan giggs on our hands but the way he`s shaping at the moment he`s developing into more of a shaun wright-phillips type of player that produces moments of brilliance very sporadically.
but as i said the one thing he has got on his side is time and he has got a lot of natural ability so it`s a bit early to write him off yet.
he deffo needs to get his head down and work on his game though, most fans already seem to rate jordan ibe higher than raheem
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby parchpea » Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:53 am

He is still very young indeed but that doesn't mean the club wont expect to see him improving each year
and he has levelled out a bit.

To be fair though he is 18 and I guess the expectation would be that by the time he's 22 like the Townsend
lad he will be really terrorising defences and scoring goals.

You always want more and in part the trouble is he's been asked to do a mans job when he's a boy because
we don't have a massive squad depth.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:00 am

I think because he came into the team early last season and held his own the expectations of him shot through the roof and people were expecting the new Giggs or the new Barnes. Getting called up for England just heightened those expectations. He should be allowed to develop naturally without too much expectation being heaped on him. I think if we do that then we won't have the next SWP - he will just be a very good player for us.

Sometimes thrusting a youngster into the limelight very early can harm their development - this could one of those times
Benny The Noon

Postby Stu the Red » Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:57 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:25 am wrote:he definately needs to work on his ball retention and his passing like, i`m not arguing with you there, i`d say he loses the ball almost half the time he recieves it, if not more.
as stu says as well i must admit i was expecting him to be a better dribbler, in the U21`s he was a bag of tricks but maybe he`s been told to tone down the flashy stuff by rodgers now he`s in the prem.
when i first saw sterling i thought we might have the next ryan giggs on our hands but the way he`s shaping at the moment he`s developing into more of a shaun wright-phillips type of player that produces moments of brilliance very sporadically.
but as i said the one thing he has got on his side is time and he has got a lot of natural ability so it`s a bit early to write him off yet.
he deffo needs to get his head down and work on his game though, most fans already seem to rate jordan ibe higher than raheem

He's a bag of tricks against players who aren't good enough to get in their club sides or playing against under 21's from Sweden and the likes, who'll never be premier league standard footballers.

He's a league one player maybe championship mate.

I used to think he was another Shaun Wright-Phillips so very strange you mention him... unfortunately, he's no where near that good even.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Premiership - General Discussion