RAHEEM STERLING - Official Thread

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby Stu the Red » Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:59 pm

Actually here's a good example... lets see if his touch ever improves or he his technical ability.

By 25 he'll have found his level. Which will be championship at best.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby parchpea » Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:27 pm

StuYesThatStu » Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:59 pm wrote:Actually here's a good example... lets see if his touch ever improves or he his technical ability.

By 25 he'll have found his level. Which will be championship at best.

You could very well be right of course as the game is littered with shattered dreams.

In all honesty there is probably a better chance statistically that Sterling will end up at the level you suggest
rather than being a superstar at Anfield.

Anyone his age would do well to keep that in mind but he's 18 and I am 44 so easier for me to see that.

For our sake and his I hope the lad can be player everyone hopes and he's certainly being given every chance
by Liverpool and his country so no excuses.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu the Red » Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:22 pm

There is absolutely no chance. Can see it a mile a off. He doesn't have the quality.

He will never have the quality.

He'll always be a "if he can just learn to do this he'll be great" type player. The lad is nowhere near the required standard and the amount of hope being pinned on him is ridiculous for the level of ability he clearly doesn't have.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:26 pm

StuYesThatStu » Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:22 pm wrote:There is absolutely no chance. Can see it a mile a off. He doesn't have the quality.

He will never have the quality.

He'll always be a "if he can just learn to do this he'll be great" type player. The lad is nowhere near the required standard and the amount of hope being pinned on him is ridiculous for the level of ability he clearly doesn't have.

What about Ibe?
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu the Red » Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:52 pm

What about him? :D

Can't say I watch alot of the reserves/kids anymore.

When you're watching the reserves or kids you have to be able to visualise a players ability more so than see it.

Its all well and good them scoring five in a game in the reserves, but its all relative. He may score five goals and be able to rip some young undeveloped centre half a new one and slot it past a 16 year old keeper... but does he have the skill, speed and strength to rip a premier league standard defender who's fully developed both physically and technically? Does he then have the power and placement in his finish to beat a premier league goal keeper? Do they have the quality of movement of tactical nouse to outsmart the better level of player.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:02 am

Well I saw your opinion on Sterling so I was wondering if you have one on Ibe as well. I'd like to hear it.

IMO, it's too soon to judge how Sterling will develop. You might make a good point but you're also trying to seem too smart as usual. We'll see if you're right or not, it's too early to tell.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu the Red » Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:28 am

Alright lad yeah, I'm just saying it to be smart and clever because I want all Liverpool players to fail :no

Its blatently obvious to anyone with half an ounce of sense that he's not upto it. The club knows they made a massive error of judgement giving him that contract. The lads quite simply awful!
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby devaney » Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:44 am

I think his well publicised private life together with the pressure of a meaningful wage increase of £48k per week has really taken it's toll. Fans, myself included were impressed with his initial performances. Several fans suggested the drastic drop off in form last season was because he played too much too soon. That was possibly correct. Certainly against Crystal Palace (weak opposition) in a wing back roll he played quite well. Not sure that he is here for the long term. Time will tell.Wouldn't totally write him off just yet as he is still very young.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:58 am

I am probably going overboard on my criticisms here, but for someone who showed such promise he is absolute dog cack at the minute
I was already pi'ssed of with his shenanigans off the pitch, but when you play like a gobsh'ite when you finally get your chance, it makes the media attention feel even worse.
Is there something wrong with him mentally, because the way he's played the last few games tells me he's lost the plot and should be fuckd off asap?
:nod
Thommo's perm

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:09 am

Thommo's perm » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:58 am wrote:I am probably going overboard on my criticisms here, but for someone who showed such promise he is absolute dog cack at the minute
I was already pi'ssed of with his shenanigans off the pitch, but when you play like a gobsh'ite when you finally get your chance, it makes the media attention feel even worse.
Is there something wrong with him mentally, because the way he's played the last few games tells me he's lost the plot and should be fuckd off asap?

Well Rodgers has publicly said that Sterling needs to get his personal life in order. Which seems to suggest that Rodgers sees the same sort of performance problems in training also.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:21 am

SouthCoastShankly » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:09 am wrote:
Thommo's perm » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:58 am wrote:I am probably going overboard on my criticisms here, but for someone who showed such promise he is absolute dog cack at the minute

Well Rodgers has publicly said that Sterling needs to get his personal life in order. Which seems to suggest that Rodgers sees the same sort of performance problems in training also.

Which begs the question, why did he play him?
Sterling does absolutely nothing for me and was a waste of space on sunday. Embarrassing and frustrating in equal measure he brought fu 'ck all to the table.
For someone who thinks he's the bees knees why didnt he take hs opportunity against hull instead of playing like a tw@t?
Of al the performances his was the most pathetic for me
:glare:
Thommo's perm

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:33 am

most of his recent performances have been poor enough for us but maybe rodgers was being a bit naive thinking he could be a asset this season.
no doubt sterling has the speed and skills but is still lacking maturity and for that reason should be sent out on loan. a move that see's him playing regular(not like borini) would be the best outcome for him till he develops because he is adding nothing to us at the moment.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:06 pm

Best game in a reds shirt full stop, his crossing was top notch earlier ,and the chipped one for Sakho was sublime.
Well done Raheem ,today was the first performance on the way to making me eat my words.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:28 pm

i dont know what it was about today but absolutely everyone was playing like they had a few line's before the game  :laugh:  he even managed to stay on his feet for most of it as well  :laugh: .
good performance and got rewarded with a goal and an assist which was well deserved but hopefully he realises one game don't make a season.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu the Red » Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:22 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:06 pm wrote:Best game in a reds shirt full stop, his crossing was top notch earlier ,and the chipped one for Sakho was sublime.
Well done Raheem ,today was the first performance on the way to making me eat my words.

I have NO FAITH in him doing that, but today was definately a step in the right direction. Made up with him today.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Premiership - General Discussion