RAHEEM STERLING - Official Thread

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby eds » Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:38 pm

I shudder to think what "creative" ways we will p.i.ss away those 50m.  :no
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby johnbarnes » Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:34 pm

LFC1990 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:54 pm wrote:Sorry but we are paying 150K to Milner im sure Jovetic warrants the same or more.

FSG need to make a desicion about if they want to return this club back to the glory days as we will slip further back without investement soon.

Its the reason why Torres, Suarez and now sterling wanted to leave they have no faith in how we are being run

No doubt we will unearth some jems like coutinho and grab a bargain but when players reach their potential they will be snapped up by teams who will pay them big and have an honest chance of winning silverware i mean we have already been seen as a less attractiv club then Fenerbache a new low has been set

There was no signing fee for Milner.
All decisions are being made and they are economical ones.
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:10 pm

I think the next bid will be 45 million and not 50. I'd take 45 and run... If we reject it again, city may just not come back...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:47 pm

maguskwt » Sun Jun 21, 2015 3:10 pm wrote:I think the next bid will be 45 million and not 50. I'd take 45 and run... If we reject it again, city may just not come back...

The word is that City are prepared to pay the £50m mate (well, £45m plus add on's)
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby leeroy74 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:17 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jun 21, 2015 3:47 pm wrote:
maguskwt » Sun Jun 21, 2015 3:10 pm wrote:I think the next bid will be 45 million and not 50. I'd take 45 and run... If we reject it again, city may just not come back...

The word is that City are prepared to pay the £50m mate (well, £45m plus add on's)

Then they're mugs. So, lets mug them and run.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:06 pm

So Sterling gets what his little fragile heart desires ,and we evolve into a selling club ,a club that gifts precocious talented teenagers a platform only to
see clubs with a genuine ambition to collate footballs more desirable trophies waltz in with a wad of money and a shed load of promises ,and whisk the
lad to pastures anew  ??? We should make a stand ,I don't care if he tries to tip his stroller over ,because if we have any remnants of aspiration left then
we need to ensure the roots of this great club aren't torn from the ground.

I'm not for one minute suggesting Sterling is a great player ,personally I have never rated him ,certainly I haven't  elevated him to the level that the current
manager heralded him last season, but its more about what he represents and the importance of not losing players to footballs oil funded oppressors.

Sterling wont be the last ,he will just be the start of an exodus of promising talent leaving because they've  simply outgrown us....Besides which if he stays
then the owners will just have to dig deep in their own respective money belts for new and quality recruitments.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Buck Rodgers » Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:12 pm

If a player doesn't want to play for us then we make sure we get the most we can and off he goes - it's rare players go on to bigger and better.

We shouldn't have to force players to stay - we should only have player who want to be at the club

Why cut our nose off to spite ourselves

£50mil would go a long way to replacing him ( Ibe is better anyway ) plus more

There is better out there
Buck Rodgers
LFC Advanced Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:07 pm

He's been a massive disruption to the team and one of the reasons we failed to qualify for the champions league. I'm not sure what he wants to be honest because the time he wouldn't sign the contract we were the most inform team in the league closing in on the champions league spots.

He's quick and very talented and in 5 years if he'd stuck with us he'd be a world beater... but now he's gonna be a bit part player at City, not gonna progress as a player, and people will forget about him they same way people forgot about David Bentley.

Just because of his attitude we need to cash in and get a player in that wants to play here... because the moral of the club as took a massive hit recently, and thats something we need back.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:11 pm

Even though I agree with Benny in the sense that I think Ibe will be the better player to the wider footballing world Sterling is the jewel in our crown so losing him is going to be a blow to our prestige, there's no two ways about it.
With £50m in our back pocket though we have got the power do something about it.
If we took that money and bought two players like Kovacic and illaremendi the wider footballing community wouldn't be saying oh look Liverpool are on the slide they'd be saying Liverpool have got a cracking midfield there.
Knowing us though we will just fritter away the dough on a load of average players.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:34 am

Manchester City will green light £50m Raheem Sterling bid, sources say

Manchester City's hierarchy have given the green light for the club to make a £50 million offer for Liverpool and England star Raheem Sterling, sources have told ESPNFC.

City have already seen two bids rejected for Sterling by Liverpool with their first offer of £25m plus add ons rejected earlier this month before their improved bid of £40m was turned down last week.

Liverpool are thought to be holding out for a fee in the region of £50m before they would consider selling Sterling and, after talks at the highest level, City are ready to go to £50m to try and steer the 20-year-old away from Anfield, sources said.

City chairman Khaldoon Al Mubarak said earlier this month that the club were planning to heavily invest in new players this summer as they looked to regain and make an impression in the Premier League.

Sterling would add versatility to their attacking options and would also boost their homegrown player quota which has been hit hard by the departures of James Milner, Frank Lampard, Micah Richards and Dedryck Boyata.

Sterling's future at Liverpool has dominated this summer's transfer window with the forward turning down the club's offer of a new £100,000-a-week deal in April.

The player's representatives have made it clear that Sterling will not sign a new deal at Anfield, no matter what is on offer from the Merseyside club.

Liverpool have said they would not be forced into selling the unsettled star with Sterling having still two years to run on his current deal, but it City are edging closer to agreeing a suitable fee to enable Liverpool to reluctantly allow the forward to move on, the sources said.

City are looking to get their summer rebuilding plans underway and see Sterling's signing as a major signal of intent at home and abroad, sources said.

Sterling is also determined to have his future resolved as soon as possible and should City seal the signing for a fee of £50m it would make the former Queens Park Rangers youngster the most expensive English player of all time.
++

Get rid of the little w@nker.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundreamin is back » Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:00 am

Buck Rodgers » Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:12 pm
If a player doesn't want to play for us then we make sure we get the most we can and off he goes - it's rare players go on to bigger and better.

Buck that used to be the case,but not anymore
Xavier Alonso CL League Winner. La Liga Title
Fernando Torres CL League Winner.
Luis Suarez CL Winner. La Liga Winner
Yep we're not a feeder club?
Dundreamin is back
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Reg » Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:25 am

Rafa fell out of love with Alonso don't forget, that wasn't straight forward.
Torres lost heart during the H&G fiasco and Suarez was too good for us.
They've all done well however LFC remains in the slow lane - why would a world class player want to come to a club lacking ambition?
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:42 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:11 am wrote:Even though I agree with Benny in the sense that I think Ibe will be the better player to the wider footballing world Sterling is the jewel in our crown so losing him is going to be a blow to our prestige, there's no two ways about it.
With £50m in our back pocket though we have got the power do something about it.
If we took that money and bought two players like Kovacic and illaremendi the wider footballing community wouldn't be saying oh look Liverpool are on the slide they'd be saying Liverpool have got a cracking midfield there.
Knowing us though we will just fritter away the dough on a load of average players.

I really really hope we manage to bring in both Kovacic and Illaramendi. A midfield of Illaramendi, Kovacic, Henderson, and Coutinho would dominate most sides in the league and bring us that much closer to where we should be in terms of quality in the side.

My only concern is what we do with the huge squad of mediocre talent that we continue to assemble. In midfield, assuming we sign both and start the names above, we'd have Lucas, Allen, Can, Milner, Lallana, Markovic, Ibe, L.Alberto on the sidelines in addition to the young talent. Further up, we are widely expected to add another forward (perhaps 2 if reports are to be believed) and we have a similar problem with Ings, Balotelli, Borini, Lambert).

Raheem is a good player but if we sign both Kovacic and Illaramendi he'd struggle to get into that midfield imo. Would be one of the few instances where we lose a top player and go out and actually improve the side with the money brought in.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:26 pm

Don't know much about illaramendi... I read that he's a defensive midfielder? How good a defensive midfielder is he though? Better than lucas? As good as masch or hamann?

I'd like to think that there is a place for Can in there there somewhere. Either as a DM or a box to box midfielder...

Anyway I feel that we are in need of a good striker with Sterling's money than 2 midfielders...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:48 pm

maguskwt » Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:26 pm wrote:Don't know much about illaramendi... I read that he's a defensive midfielder? How good a defensive midfielder is he though? Better than lucas? As good as masch or hamann?

I'd like to think that there is a place for Can in there there somewhere. Either as a DM or a box to box midfielder...

Anyway I feel that we are in need of a good striker with Sterling's money than 2 midfielders...

He's more of an Alonso type, plus it doesn't matter how good your strikers are if you haven't got a grip of the game in midfield you'll always be feeding off scraps. I've got very little hope of us buying 2 players like Kovacic and illaremendi anyway, this is LFC we are talking about here, we'd much rather build our team around a pair of average English players like Henderson and Milner who are all huff and puff and no quality.
On the other hand you have a club like Inter who are supposed to be skint and have no european (never mind CL) football to offer who have just put themselves together a CM pairing of Kovacic and Kondogbia.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Premiership - General Discussion