RAHEEM STERLING - Official Thread

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:13 am

damjan193 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:51 pm wrote:Apparently, City are preparing a final £45m bid for Sterling (though they said the last one was final as well). It's good that we're not bending over for anyone and we're not lowering our price but I think we shouldn't risk it anymore. £45million is good money (about £36-7m for us because 20% go to QPR) and if City back out we'll be left with an unhappy player who doesn't want to play for us, and because of that he won't perform well (unlike Suarez).

If Sterling doesn't leave this summer it won't end well for us. Take the money and run.

:nod , Yeah I'd take £45 mill if it was offered.

The way Sterling has been behaving he's quite capable of doing something during this off season that would decrease rather than increase his value.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:26 am

I agree, take the £45m and lets get some decent players in. I don't want to see us haggle over an extra £5m all summer and then say it's too late to bring anyone in.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby aCe' » Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:35 pm

Get Jovetic and 30mill and everyone is Happy. I'd also look at Kolorov
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Buck Rodgers » Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:00 pm

aCe' » Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:35 pm wrote:Get Jovetic and 30mill and everyone is Happy. I'd also look at Kolorov

That would be a great deal - not sure about Kolorov though - does hit a great ball and dangerous going forward but think Moreno can develop into that sort of player
Buck Rodgers
LFC Advanced Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:13 pm

Buck Rodgers » Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:00 pm wrote:
aCe' » Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:35 pm wrote:Get Jovetic and 30mill and everyone is Happy. I'd also look at Kolorov

That would be a great deal - not sure about Kolorov though - does hit a great ball and dangerous going forward but think Moreno can develop into that sort of player

Yeah agree about Kolorov, he looks very average to me, Jovetic is more of a attacking midfielder/second striker too, he's a good player but I think we have players at the club who can already do that role - Coutinho, Lallana, Markovic etc
I think we need a goal scorer/leader of the line type (like Ings, but only better)
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby aCe' » Fri Jun 19, 2015 6:14 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:13 pm wrote:
Buck Rodgers » Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:00 pm wrote:

Yeah agree about Kolorov, he looks very average to me, Jovetic is more of a attacking midfielder/second striker too, he's a good player but I think we have players at the club who can already do that role - Coutinho, Lallana, Markovic etc
I think we need a goal scorer/leader of the line type (like Ings, but only better)

Jovetic can play a number of positions and the main difference between him and the players you mentioned is that he's a natural goalscorer. He's much more effective further up the pitch and he'd be a step up from both Lallana (who I like) and Markovic. He's been at City 2 seasons and did'nt get much of a break. Last season, he scored 5 and assisted 3 in the league from 9 starts (8 sub appearances). The season before that he scored 7 from 6 starts (13 sub). Before joining City he was considered one of the top young talents in Europe (16 goals 8 assists in 2012, 15 goals 3 assist in 2011). He's exactly the TYPE of forward we need to be signing to partner Sturridge upfront. His versatility gives us the option of playing him down the flank or behind a forward when needed.

With regards to Kolorov, I think he's one of the more underrated fullbacks in the league. Going forward, I think the only fullback in the league with better delivery might be L.Baines. Again, he hasnt been utilized enough by City and still boasts impressive stats. 4 goals, 6 assists last season in all comps despite only starting 3 in the CL and 17 in the league. 9 goals 11 assists the season before from 21 league starts, 6 CL starts, and 5 goals 4 assists the season before from only 11 league starts and 1 CL start. He's a better defender than Moreno (who for all intents and purposes is a liability atm) and offers that threat from set pieces that we lack.

Again, my main concern is that whatever money we get will be wasted on players who are nowhere near the level of these 2. Jovetic in particular I can see moving to a Juve or Dortmund and have his value triple in a season.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundreamin is back » Fri Jun 19, 2015 6:21 pm

The way Sterling was playing last season and showing no respect to the club or fans I would take £45 for the little turd
Dundreamin is back
LFC Advanced Member

Postby LFC1990 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 6:39 pm

Jovetic can play a number of positions and the main difference between him and the players you mentioned is that he's a natural goalscorer. He's much more effective further up the pitch and he'd be a step up from both Lallana (who I like) and Markovic. He's been at City 2 seasons and did'nt get much of a break. Last season, he scored 5 and assisted 3 in the league from 9 starts (8 sub appearances). The season before that he scored 7 from 6 starts (13 sub). Before joining City he was considered one of the top young talents in Europe (16 goals 8 assists in 2012, 15 goals 3 assist in 2011). He's exactly the TYPE of forward we need to be signing to partner Sturridge upfront. His versatility gives us the option of playing him down the flank or behind a forward when needed.

With regards to Kolorov, I think he's one of the more underrated fullbacks in the league. Going forward, I think the only fullback in the league with better delivery might be L.Baines. Again, he hasnt been utilized enough by City and still boasts impressive stats. 4 goals, 6 assists last season in all comps despite only starting 3 in the CL and 17 in the league. 9 goals 11 assists the season before from 21 league starts, 6 CL starts, and 5 goals 4 assists the season before from only 11 league starts and 1 CL start. He's a better defender than Moreno (who for all intents and purposes is a liability atm) and offers that threat from set pieces that we lack.

Again, my main concern is that whatever money we get will be wasted on players who are nowhere near the level of these 2. Jovetic in particular I can see moving to a Juve or Dortmund and have his value triple in a season.

Great post

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby Buck Rodgers » Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:03 pm

Ace

Great post - spot on about Jovetic. Would be a quality signing - unsure about his fitness though as seems to have suffered a lot of injuries recently

Kolorov is a very good attacking left back and going forward I agree he is superb and his dead ball delivery is superb - seen some phenomenal crosses whipped in from him but right now I think left back is down the list of what we need and Moreno has a lot of ability to develop so would like to persevere with him still.
Buck Rodgers
LFC Advanced Member

Postby JC_81 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:13 pm

Last thing we need is another injury prone striker. Good player but no thanks. Not good enough to warrant taking a chance with his injury record.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby johnbarnes » Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:28 pm

LFC1990 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 6:39 pm wrote:

Great post

True words written... BUT.
The wages of in-coming players is what FSG fear, for business reasons.
Yes both players would be an addition to our squad but the wages just send everything through the roof which FSG do not want.
Imagine what Skrtel would think if we brought in Kolorov on his current wages? Or what Daniel Sturridge' wage demands would be next time of asking?
LFC now have a wage structure in place and can't see FSG breaking it at any point before the new main stand has been in place for a few years at least.
Unfortunately, Re; player recruitment, wage demands is the daddy of everything our club is doing at the moment.
On that note am off down the local for a bevvy or 3!
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC1990 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:54 pm

Sorry but we are paying 150K to Milner im sure Jovetic warrants the same or more.

FSG need to make a desicion about if they want to return this club back to the glory days as we will slip further back without investement soon.

Its the reason why Torres, Suarez and now sterling wanted to leave they have no faith in how we are being run

No doubt we will unearth some jems like coutinho and grab a bargain but when players reach their potential they will be snapped up by teams who will pay them big and have an honest chance of winning silverware i mean we have already been seen as a less attractiv club then Fenerbache a new low has been set

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby JC_81 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:36 pm

Some people are talking about Jovetic as if he's proven quality in this league. He isn't. He had bags of potential at fiorentina when Rafa wanted him for us, but he's never really lived up to that. He's done very little at City and had some bad injuries. Milner's wages are irrelevant in this argument I'm afraid.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Buck Rodgers » Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:42 pm

Injuries has stopped him from realising that potential but a couple games I have seen from he has looked very sharp just hard for him to get game for City - getting regular first team football would give him a great chance of fulfil the potential.

It would be a risk - no doubt - but then most signings will be a risk right now for us
Buck Rodgers
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Buck Rodgers » Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:21 pm

Sunday Gossip has City willing to meet the£50mil valuation
Buck Rodgers
LFC Advanced Member

PreviousNext

Return to Premiership - General Discussion