RAHEEM STERLING - Official Thread

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby johnbarnes » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:08 pm

aCe' » Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:03 pm wrote:
johnbarnes » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:35 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:10 pm wrote:Good post Ace and I agree with you.
United looked vulnerable at the back last season so what are they doing? They are going all out for Sergio Ramos.
We looked awful in midfield so what do we do? Give Hendo a bumper contract and bring in James Milner.
That sums it up for me.

It's a fair point. However United are addressing their on field situation with big name purchases on big wages.
It's a quick fix by a manager who probably won't stay their too long which could hurt them in the long-term.

LFC are addressing its on field situation with a long-term fix. For the most part we got this wrong in last summers transfers. But given time, are the signings we've made really that bad?
LFC plan can only really be judged once a full generation of football has been played i.e. 10 years.
A decade seems a long time, especially to a fanbase that wants it all now. But FSG don't view it that way.
They own a franchise that went nearly a century without major success, so to them what's 25 years?

:glare:

You realize you're posting this on the Raheem Sterling thread don't you. The best young talent at the club wants to leave (and is on his way out) because the side is not competitive enough. The best players we've had the past 5 seasons or so have all left the club (mainly because we aren't competitive) and you're seriously trying to convince people that going the Southampton route and sacrificing results and success for youth development is the way forward ?

Not trying to convince anyone of anything, just pointing out simple facts that make life easier.
YES we can all go on and on about LFC not good enough, not competitive, not spending enough, losing its best players. In this case potentially losing RS (see I know which thread am posting in) but does that mean we are not building a future that WILL see LFC become competitive, will spend big (new main stand = increased revenues) and not lose its best players?
Since 1990 I've watched LFC slog it out trying to win the league in various guises and not one of them worked. FSG lay down a plan of action which for the first time in 25 years in completely radical.
People fight against radical change all the time, but how does one improve without change?
Some players will buy into this. Firmino being the latest (or do you not think he is good enough?).
Raheem Sterling does not buy into the FSG plan but he wasn't purchased by FSG either. However, my gut feeling is that RS would be acting up like he has even if we had won the last 3 games of the season before last. Some people are just plain 'ol trouble makers who think the world owes them something. RS is just a spoilt brat and we don't need them at LFC nor do FSG to successfully execute their plan.

Posted in the Raheem Sterling Thread
  :nod
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:18 pm

Nothing to do with the current situation ,but just great to see how well the players get on with each other behind closed doors.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby johnbarnes » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:24 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:18 pm wrote:

Nothing to do with the current situation ,but just great to see how well the players get on with each other behind closed doors.

I guess it beats laughing gas!  :D
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby Dundreamin is back » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:24 am

No wonder they are laughing half of them are s.*i*e but millionaires
Dundreamin is back
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Reg » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:43 am

I wish Citeh would get on and buy him before he sees these new signings and changes his mind.....
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:22 am

It's a win/win situation for us Reg.

If the little turd stays he has only one option of apologising to the fans, putting his head down and working his a**e off with the rest of the new signings.

Still can't see this happening though.

Oh well, I guess a cheque for 45-50m will just have to do.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby redshade » Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:01 am

Had he wished to shut his mouth and stay we could have had an amazing attack.Anyhow better we get rid of him and move on, let the new boys gel in.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby leeroy74 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:33 am

He took that penalty better than some of his shots during matches. At least he got it on target. Up the price to £60m and show City this video
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:52 pm

City will be getting a good player and I think this could be one of the rare one's that comes back to bite the ar$€ off us.

If the lad did do a u-turn and committed himself to a new deal it wouldn't be a bad thing either. 2 season's ago he was decent when we had suarez and sturridge in the side and our failure to buy better players last summer put far too much pressure on him. He is a good player but he's no messi.

The club say they don't need to sell him so make him report back with the rest. Drag him off on the preseason tour and let him see what we will look like next season with the new arrivals. He's only a kid and impressionable so a good preseason could sway him back onside but unfortunately I think we have already spent his transfer.
If it comes down to it they could always sell him in August. They have nothing to lose by trying to convince him.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby crazyhorse » Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:18 pm

Good common sense post there... We could even hold him until Jan.. Ho won't be cup tied in the Champions League
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:30 am

The longer we hold on to him, the higher the possibility that he'll buy out his final year of the contract, from which well receive peanut's fot him. It is not out of the realm of possibility that, he may just not be arsed about playing this season, go on vacations, smoking laughing gas, and at the endcof the season, City will pay him for buying out his contract. Sell him now...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:26 am

maguskwt » Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:30 pm wrote:The longer we hold on to him, the higher the possibility that he'll buy out his final year of the contract, from which well receive peanut's fot him. It is not out of the realm of possibility that, he may just not be arsed about playing this season, go on vacations, smoking laughing gas, and at the endcof the season, City will pay him for buying out his contract. Sell him now...

I'm confident that he won't do that, simply because he'll be MILLIONS out of pocket.

There's no way a modern, money driven footballer is going to forfeit millions in lost wages (by staying on another year at £30k per week) and then spend millions more on buying out his contract. It's the worst thing he can do.

If he's smart (a big IF, I know) he'll ether go this summer or do a Suarez by backtracking and signing a new deal....with an agreement that he can leave for a certain fee next summer.

My gut feeling is he'll go. Man City are reported to be making one more bid, and it'll be 45 million with add ons to carry it up to 50.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Octsky » Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:57 pm

7_Kewell » Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:26 am wrote:
maguskwt » Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:30 pm wrote:The longer we hold on to him, the higher the possibility that he'll buy out his final year of the contract, from which well receive peanut's fot him. It is not out of the realm of possibility that, he may just not be arsed about playing this season, go on vacations, smoking laughing gas, and at the endcof the season, City will pay him for buying out his contract. Sell him now...

I'm confident that he won't do that, simply because he'll be MILLIONS out of pocket.

There's no way a modern, money driven footballer is going to forfeit millions in lost wages (by staying on another year at £30k per week) and then spend millions more on buying out his contract. It's the worst thing he can do.

If he's smart (a big IF, I know) he'll ether go this summer or do a Suarez by backtracking and signing a new deal....with an agreement that he can leave for a certain fee next summer.

My gut feeling is he'll go. Man City are reported to be making one more bid, and it'll be 45 million with add ons to carry it up to 50.

i hope citi doesnt call us bluff and withdraw the bid.
it still doesnt stop citi from paying sterling (underhand) 2m to buy up his contract and save 48m in return.
in that case we will have lose a mini fortune.
Octsky
LFC Super Member

Postby johnbarnes » Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:18 pm

2 things to consider.

1. The transfer window has not even open so there is no point helping a direct rival by selling quickly allowing them to have a settled squad pre-season.
2. Clubs like Real Madrid always do their business at the tail end of the transfer window. So LFC have to be mindful that there could be another bid from another club which changes the dynamic of this situation completely. So LFC must allow for all of this.
3. City have a home grown recruitment logistic problem as they have bought oversees many times and their quota for home based talent isn't as good as ours.
So they may become desperate, which helps us no end.

Very tricky and so guess this is why these business people receive the cheques they get for their employment.
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:03 pm

I think we've budgeted for him to go, we've spent £29m on Firmino, £12m on Clyne, probably about £5m on Ings, £3.5m for Gomez and we are lining up a £20m+ bid for another striker.
We'll probably end up forking out £70m - £80m which is a lot of money when you haven't got CL football and you've got a stadium rebuild going on.
I think FSG will be looking to recoup about two thirds of that dough back and I'll be astonished if he's still here when the window closes.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Premiership - General Discussion