Promoted teams - How will they fare

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby Ace Ventura » Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:03 am

Well we are one day into the season, the 3 promoted sides have all played. How do you all think they will fare ?

I have just got back from a holiday where i met a couple who where Hull supporters and my uncle is a Stoke supporter and i have said the same to them both.....if they can get one or two wins in the first six games they have a chance. If they dont and they take 6-10 games to win they will go down without a doubt.
Its all about confidence, Reading 2 seasons ago came back after being behind and won there opening game, they ended up coming about 10th.
Hull won today, and they could possibly win home games and pick up the odd draw away, that would get them mid table.
Stoke after conceding the first showed all the tell tale signs of a promoted team that is like a rabbit trapped in headlights and collapsed before half time conceding terrible 2nd and 3rd goals.
West Brom did ok but look like they need a striker, tbh they all look like they will struggle but i hope they all do ok, the league is not that good and with better management one or two of them could stay up like Reading and Wigan have.

Thoughts ?
Last edited by Ace Ventura on Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:59 am

They will all as per usual start the season with a huge adrenaline rush where the fact they are in the EPL overtakes the fact they lack ability!After about 3 or 4 games they will feel firmly at home and be put in their place,hence start loosing and end the season fighting to stay in the topflight!
If any one one of the promoted teams stays in this League by the end of the season it should be applauded and will be a great achievment!! :)
Good luck to em all....hopefully Everton go down!!
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:58 am

It's a tough one to call tbh. Hull looked well up for it today, Stoke looked inept defensively and West Brom faired OK, putting in a good shift defensively against Arsenal. Stoke have got the striker and the keeper, in Kitson and Sorenson, but I don't think they have the midfield or defence to stay up. Hull have just enough in midfield, just enough in defence, but not enough up front. I don't rate Fagan/Folan/King/Garcia, and Windass is about 53. Geovanni was a great buy, but will he get the goals? I'm not so sure. West Brom have the defence and midfield, it's whether or not they can get the goals to stay up. I think they'll fair best out the three, but may still get relegated as Fulham/Bolton/Sunderland/Wigan all have better strikers, and can match, if not surpass them in midfield and defence.
LFC2007

Return to Premiership - General Discussion