The 3 promoted teams - From coca cola championship to premier

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby LFC2007 » Wed May 28, 2008 11:37 pm

West Brom are probably the best equipped to stay up, they've got a pretty good basis of a team with more quality in it than Hull and Stoke. They'll probably spend a few quid more than the other two aswell.
LFC2007

Postby Bad Bob » Wed May 28, 2008 11:43 pm

LFC2007 wrote:West Brom are probably the best equipped to stay up, they've got a pretty good basis of a team with more quality in it than Hull and Stoke. They'll probably spend a few quid more than the other two aswell.

I'd agree with you, mate, except for the fact that Birmingham teams seem to go down faster than...well, you get the idea. :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Kharhaz » Wed May 28, 2008 11:49 pm

Bad Bob wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:West Brom are probably the best equipped to stay up, they've got a pretty good basis of a team with more quality in it than Hull and Stoke. They'll probably spend a few quid more than the other two aswell.

I'd agree with you, mate, except for the fact that Birmingham teams seem to go down faster than...well, you get the idea. :D

Hull have that fighting spirit, over the season they have done very well and although most peoples favourites to go down, the clubs aim is to stay in the league and can see them spending every penny to stay in the league. In a way, they remind me of ipswich town when they were last in the league. Not brilliant but efficient. Nick Barmby remaining injury free will also help.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Thu May 29, 2008 12:20 am

Bad Bob wrote:

Barry after a pint?  :D
LFC2007

Postby Bad Bob » Thu May 29, 2008 3:34 am

LFC2007 wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:

:D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Toffeehater » Thu May 29, 2008 3:47 am

s@int wrote:I would imagine they are as rough as fk, its a sh*thole of a place. If you have both ears your known as posh in Hull.  :D

Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Thu May 29, 2008 3:53 am

Not wanting to start a new thread but in the case of hull and stoke , who do you think they should sign? A couple of loan signings would help

Mauro Zarate (loan) - striker
Leroy Lita ( 2 to 4 million ) - striker , reading
Voronin (2 million ) - striker , liverpool
James macafdden ( loan ) - winger/striker , birmingham
Larrson ( loan ) - midfelder , birmingham
Nicky shorey ( 4 million ) - defender , reading

If hull or stoke can get 3 of the above players , they should survive and maybe make them permanent and the end of the season when they have more funds
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Thu May 29, 2008 10:53 am

Bad Bob wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:

B@stards ya both!
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Thu May 29, 2008 12:58 pm

i have a huge soft spot for stoke city. i lived in stoke from the age of 9 to the age of 17 when i moved to liverpool and used to go and see them regularly at the old wooden victoria ground, standing in the boothen end with my mates from school.

i'm delighted they've finally made it to the premiership, stoke is a fucked up sh!thole that needs something good to happen to it. the fans have a bit of a bad rep though and knowing they're going to go straight down again in all likelihood is probably going to mean these idiots are going to want to leave their mark on the premiership.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Thu May 29, 2008 4:05 pm

It's a shame newly promoted clubs don't have a one year immunity from relegation.

Then instead of going straight back down, they could settle for one year, then prepare for the second.

It might also relegate non-supported teams like Boro, Wigan and Bolton.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ConnO'var » Fri May 30, 2008 3:00 am

Bad Bob wrote:One word: Windass.  :D

I still crack up everytime I read or hear his name!  :D

Infantile, I know but can't help meself.

He must have an @rse of a time while at school... I can just imagine it now..... Instead of "Don't get your knickers in a twist", he probably got something a long the lines of "Don't get the wind up your @rse mate!"

ConnO'var

Previous

Return to Premiership - General Discussion