Jose mourinho. - Miracle or myth.

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby burjennio » Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:20 pm

But you see yet again your going back to assumptions and "what ifs." Two contentious goals, both decisions in favour of Inter, the massive difference in the tie - these are the facts. Clearly we have two very different views on the tie and obviously Jose Mourinho so I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.
burjennio

Postby Ben Patrick » Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:25 pm

burjennio wrote:But you see yet again your going back to assumptions and "what ifs." Two contentious goals, both decisions in favour of Inter, the massive difference in the tie - these are the facts. Clearly we have two very different views on the tie and obviously Jose Mourinho so I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

i agree with you that they were contentious.

The thing is though Inter played well and on the counter had further chances.
The other point being, his Inter side beat Barca that were before that tie and since almost unbeatable.

Imagine Rafa did that  :;):
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby LFC2007 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:31 pm

burjennio wrote:But you see yet again your going back to assumptions and "what ifs." Two contentious goals, both decisions in favour of Inter, the massive difference in the tie - these are the facts.

That's bizarre because in fact the reverse is true. You're making the assumption that the result would have remained the same if those two decisions had been correct. There's nothing "factual" about that. I am making no such assumption by saying that we don't know how the alternative scenarios would have unfolded, but that in spite of those injustices (in respect of both sides) Inter prevailed, and in my opinion deservedly so.
LFC2007

Postby Ben Patrick » Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:33 pm

LFC2007 wrote:
burjennio wrote:But you see yet again your going back to assumptions and "what ifs." Two contentious goals, both decisions in favour of Inter, the massive difference in the tie - these are the facts.

That's bizarre because in fact the reverse is true. You're making the assumption that the result would have remained the same if those two decisions had been correct. There's nothing "factual" about that. I am making no such assumption by saying that we don't know how the alternative scenarios would have unfolded, but that in spite of those injustices (in respect of both sides) Inter prevailed, and in my opinion deservedly so.

this is an LFC forum, that's almost blasphemus  :D
Ben Patrick

Postby burjennio » Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:07 am

LFC2007 wrote:

Again, I have said that Im not trying to read how an alternate timeline version of events would have unfolded, I am saying that the black and white decisions of those two goals altered the tie in Inters favour. Im not trying to predict a different outcome only stating that from the perspective of Militos goal counting when it shouldnt and Bojans not counting when it should have the result fell Inters way. If the "correct" decisions were made the score changes from 3-2 Inter to 3-2 Barca. These are decisions the vast majority of people outside Spain or Italy will agree on. Obviously the pattern of play would have changed had any of these two decisions been different and a whole different game would have unfolded had Militos not stood but Bojans was in injury time in the second leg, I believe I can predict with some confidence that Barca would have went to the final had that goal been allowed.
burjennio

Postby LFC2007 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:13 am

burjennio wrote:Again, I have said that Im not trying to read how an alternate timeline version of events would have unfolded, I am saying that the black and white decisions of those two goals altered the tie in Inters favour. Im not trying to predict a different outcome only stating that from the perspective of Militos goal counting when it shouldnt and Bojans not counting when it should have the result fell Inters way. If the "correct" decisions were made the score changes from 3-2 Inter to 3-2 Barca. These are decisions the vast majority of people outside Spain or Italy will agree on. Obviously the pattern of play would have changed had any of these two decisions been different and a whole different game would have unfolded had Militos not stood but Bojans was in injury time in the second leg, I believe I can predict with some confidence that Barca would have went to the final had that goal been allowed.

:D
LFC2007

Postby Ben Patrick » Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:15 am

LFC2007 wrote:
burjennio wrote:Again, I have said that Im not trying to read how an alternate timeline version of events would have unfolded, I am saying that the black and white decisions of those two goals altered the tie in Inters favour. Im not trying to predict a different outcome only stating that from the perspective of Militos goal counting when it shouldnt and Bojans not counting when it should have the result fell Inters way. If the "correct" decisions were made the score changes from 3-2 Inter to 3-2 Barca. These are decisions the vast majority of people outside Spain or Italy will agree on. Obviously the pattern of play would have changed had any of these two decisions been different and a whole different game would have unfolded had Militos not stood but Bojans was in injury time in the second leg, I believe I can predict with some confidence that Barca would have went to the final had that goal been allowed.

sounds like the devil incarnate Jose  :D
Ben Patrick

Postby burjennio » Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:16 am

LFC2007 wrote:

touche.

OK I predict the last 2 minutes of the second scenario.
burjennio

Postby Ring-of-Fire » Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:35 am

burjennio wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:Leaving aside his personality, he was without doubt the best manager in Europe last season. He steered Inter to the treble (imagine if Rafa had done that for those of you who can't take an objective stance) with a particularly special European cup win, deservedly beating Ancelotti's Chelsea and along the way. Who is the best manager around right now? It depends what you mean by that. For me, longevity matters a great deal so I'd have Ferguson in my top two on the basis that he virtually guarantees a certain level of achievement every year - a title challenge, and a cup final - having had to rebuild a lot of great teams over the years, in arguably the most competitive league. The other one would be Mourinho because, like Ferguson, he's done it over a long period of time and also with more than one club. I know these won't be popular choices, but who cares?  :D

Guardiola's Barca (I'm not having this nonsense that it was some kind of fluke)

More huge injustice than massive fluke. Diego Milito for Inter scored a goal that should have been disallowed for offside stand in the 1st leg and Barca through Bojan had a goal chalked off in the 2nd leg that should have stood so without going into semantics of penalty decisions and possession football and the like the score should have been Inter 2 Barca 3 over the two legs.

Mourinho loving British Media love to brush this under the carpet yet STILL go on and on about Garcias "ghost" goal not crossing the line in 05

Bojan disallowed goal

Milito: definitively proven offside at 1:16

That doesn't matter, though. You've got these nails asking for impartiality whilst :censored: themselves into oblivion over a horrible bag of spunk like Jose.

It's a joke when you think about it. :no
Ring-of-Fire

Postby Ring-of-Fire » Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:38 am

burjennio wrote:I posted the evidence above, I didnt really want to dwell on icidents that could be classed as interpretation but since you brought it up if Motta shouldnt have been sent off then Dani Alves should have had a penalty in the 1st leg

Sneijder challenge on Alves

For those that dont know here is the Motta challenge on Busquets

Motta sent off

Is it harsh? Yeah, but why is he sticking his hand into the face of the man? Its not like we havnt seen players be sent off for similar incidents

You're wasting your time with LFC2007. He's about as balanced as a sweeping brush when it comes to this greasy b-astard.
Ring-of-Fire

Postby Ring-of-Fire » Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:39 am

LFC2007 wrote:I forgot about the dive by Alves. The Motta decision as you can see was absolutely ridiculous. Inter didn't use that as an excuse, though, they got on with it and put in one of the best defensive performances you'll see, deservedly reaching the final.

^ See what I mean?  :D
Ring-of-Fire

Postby Ring-of-Fire » Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:45 am

burjennio wrote:LFC you've posted 3 free frame shots, how could they possibly show contact or not? Experts always say look at the reaction of the player and Sneijder looks guilty as hell when he brings him down, but in the end its irrelevant - it was the reason I veered away from the peno and sending off in my original post because they are subject to interpretation and as I said it was the decisions around actual goals that made the difference in the tie. Militos and Bojans, one counted, one didnt and the result was Inter progressed.

I dont like the guy, and I'll not pretend to but it irks me when people on a Liverpool forum will belittle one of our former managers they way alot of you guys do with Benitez while kissing this guys a*s. Is he a top manager? Absolutely. But as a person the guy is a piece of trash. Some of his comments and behaviors have been a disgrace. To lie about Anders Frisk the way he did resulting in the backlash that cost the man to retire from his job in wake of death threats over something Mourninho made up has always left a sour taste in my mouth, as did his "shushing" of the Liverpool fans in Cardiff after Gerrard scored an OG to level the tie when his own players couldnt get close to doing it.

The man is a pr*ck and should not be celebrated by anyone.

100% correct. I'm glad there are others out there who see the turd for the what he is.

I'll bet LFC2007, The_Rock, BigMick, et al all still love Glitter, Townsend and Whacko because their music rocks. I bet they'd go and watch all 3 in concert and convince themselves that the accusations were all and made up by Rafa, too.
Ring-of-Fire

Postby andy_g » Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:32 am

i'm wondering if a number small enough has ever been invented that can describe the IQ of people that think the ability to remain objective and express admiration for someone's achievements equates with having a raging hard-on for them and having a wánk in front of their picture at every available opportunity. i think i've picked bogies that have more complex thought processes.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:34 am

I am amazed though at the amount that can praise the guy to the hilt ignoring how bad a person he is and how he insulted the fans while at the same time insulting Rafa . Maureen - great manager - truely awful person .
Benny The Noon

Postby andy_g » Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:37 am

here's a question for you, benny. how do you know he's a bad person?

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Premiership - General Discussion