Is it easier to support manu or hate them? - Question of the day

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby Owzat » Wed Dec 10, 2003 9:06 am

Q. Is it easier to support manu or hate them? Discuss
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Wed Dec 10, 2003 1:49 pm

cheesecakery wrote:and scored an unbeleivable 195 in 2 and a half seasons ,

Ya wha`?

195 in two and a half seasons......so he's getting 80plus goals a season now? :D

I suppose he can add that to Man UTD's 47 Premier League titles and 17 Champions League trophies....... :D
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby cheesecakery » Wed Dec 10, 2003 2:22 pm

John Barnes' Granny wrote:
cheesecakery wrote:and scored an unbeleivable 195 in 2 and a half seasons ,

Ya wha`?

195 in two and a half seasons......so he's getting 80plus goals a season now? :D

I suppose he can add that to Man UTD's 47 Premier League titles and 17 Champions League trophies....... :D

i didnt realise they had won that many trophies,
oh maybe i will go and support them then :D
ARF ARF
cheesecakery

Postby Owzat » Wed Dec 10, 2003 2:27 pm

cheesemancery wrote:thats a tough one one that brass neck ,
but you should know seeings youve probably done both you little glory hunter you !
but anyway now you brought the subject up i suppose we better extend our congratulations to them for topping the group and going through to the knock out stages of the Champions League , also a big round of applause to RVN for equalling Denis Laws Euro record ,
he has an amazing record of 28 goals in 30 matches ,
and scored an unbeleivable 195 in 2 and a half seasons ,
thats some going isnt it?

3 cheers for RVN hip hip etc.......

Easy to hate teams like manu with manctwats like you supporting them. I have and always will hate manu, my love of Liverpool FC both requires it and makes it easy
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby greenred » Wed Dec 10, 2003 4:27 pm

I think hate comes from fear. there was never anything to fear from utd in my youth so I never learned to hate them.the only team I can remember hating were notts forest because they were a genuine threat.nowdays I find myself bemused by man utd and theyre fans.They seem to revel in their wealth and worlds biggest club status more than the trophies they win.They exploit the munich air disaster as a marketing tool to woo sponsers.they shamelessly steal the best young players from around the country(uprooting families in the process)and then claim credit when these kids emerge as decent footballers.I could go on all day but what constantly bemuses me is the fact they have no class,none at all.they are bad losers and even worse,bad winners, they show no respect to other teams supporters.I mean any idiot can support salford utd,you dont have to be a genius to start supporting the self styled biggest richest club in the world.its like supporting microsoft at computers or general motors at car making or mcdonalds at burger making.It means your one of them,one of the sheep,the masses,the plebs,the herd, your not really a football supporter at all,you just want the easy option.I wonder if its a coincidence that all the idiotic no nothing yes men that I know are man utd fans ?
I dont know what the answer to owzats question is but I find laughing at them works for me.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby cheesecakery » Wed Dec 10, 2003 6:28 pm

Owzat wrote:
cheesemancery wrote:thats a tough one one that brass neck ,
but you should know seeings youve probably done both you little glory hunter you !
but anyway now you brought the subject up i suppose we better extend our congratulations to them for topping the group and going through to the knock out stages of the Champions League , also a big round of applause to RVN for equalling Denis Laws Euro record ,
he has an amazing record of 28 goals in 30 matches ,
and scored an unbeleivable 195 in 2 and a half seasons ,
thats some going isnt it?

3 cheers for RVN hip hip etc.......

Easy to hate teams like manu with manctwats like you supporting them. I have and always will hate manu, my love of Liverpool FC both requires it and makes it easy

i think its called jealousy isnt it  :D

never mind me old mate im sure we will win something soon :D
ARF ARF
cheesecakery

Postby JBG » Wed Dec 10, 2003 10:08 pm

cheesecakery wrote:i didnt realise they had won that many trophies,
oh maybe i will go and support them then :D

You better believe it...you can add that to the 74 FA Cup wins, the 6 World Cups....also, Bobby Charlton won 534 caps for England, scoring 892 goals for his country, Georgie Best shagged every Miss World from 1943 to 1997, Nicky Butt won the US Open, Sir Fergie himself rode Rock of Gibralter to victory in last year's Grand National, Ralph Milne flew to the moon, and Lee Sharpe shot Elvis.... :D

It can be hilarious listening to Man UTD fans at times.....I love reminding them about Neil Webb, Russel Beardsmore, Remi Moses. Terry Phelan or how they were relegated in the 1970s as Liverpool hammered everyone in Europe.... :p
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby 116-1065305004 » Wed Dec 10, 2003 10:22 pm

Yeah but JBG mate it is the present that matters not the past.
116-1065305004

Postby jonnymac1979 » Wed Dec 10, 2003 11:15 pm

Dead easy.  Joy every time a goal goes past them, every time they are outplayed (Real Madrid last year, Chelsea a fortnight ago, Aston Villa Coca Cola Cup Final 10 years ago), everytime they lose a cup final, whether its against Everton 1995, Duncan Ferguson putting Schmeichel on his ar$e, (...and I hate Everton!!!) or Owen destroying them last year, the fact that they sold Andy Cole and bought him again, albeit reincarnated as Diego Forlan, hilarious. 

I cannot stand them, everything they stand for, bad losing, bad winning, arrogance, self importance, swaggering, bragging, boasting and most of all, "forgetting" that the years between 1969 and 1992 ever happened!!!!!!!!!!

I feel better now.......
jonnymac1979

Postby leothelion » Wed Dec 10, 2003 11:27 pm

how could it be easy to support manky urinals you would never have a team to support full time as man u supporters only seem to appear when their winning .
where i live you would never see a manc jersey unless their winning but you would LIVERPOOL  jerseys every day of the week
I guess liverpool supporters are proud of who they follow tru good times and bad they might get p#ssed off but they will always show there support
YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
"MEMBER OF BEAVIS CREW"
leothelion
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Thu Dec 11, 2003 11:02 am

the return of beavis wrote:Yeah but JBG mate it is the present that matters not the past.

I know...I agree....my whole point is that not only do Man UTD fans like to claim that they are the current dominant team in English football, but they also maintain that they were really the dominant team all along.

I remember Man UTd fans back in the 1980s when they were a joke (er, kind of like us now) and they kept telling Liverpool fans how their team of '68 or the Busby Babes would have hammered the Liverpool sides of 1977, 1981, 1984 etc.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Thu Dec 11, 2003 1:48 pm

I have more of a hatred for Arsenal than Man Utd, Arsenal are just cokey thugs, without Henry they are not much better than us.

I watched Man Utd champions league match and found my self admiring them.  They were already through and were only playing for top spot rather than seond, they rested Keane, gave Fletcher and Carrol run outs and gave Scholes his first start back form injury.

And still they had the drive to win, RVN was as hungry as ever for goals, the comentator sumed it up in one word "Apatite", I think that is something we lack in our team (Steven Gerrard apart), maybe this is down to the failings of Houlliers motivation and man management skills, but it needs to be addresed.

Say what you want about Man Utd but they are way beyond us even though they are going through a period of change.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redandblue » Thu Dec 11, 2003 3:19 pm

Let's face it. United and Arsenal can, on their day, be fantastic to watch. They are on a different planet to the one which we live in. Great players, great managers. We used to have that but it seems a long time ago now........

But the United fans conveniently forget that from '68 till the early 90s, they were awful. And the Arsenal fans just don't have a sense of perspective. They play pretty football, but haven't retained the title since the 1930s (!!!!), and keep talking about doing the double a few times. But they have never got clost to winning the European Cup. They are a funny lot......
redandblue
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Thu Dec 11, 2003 5:22 pm

I'm not afraid to admit that I admire Man UTD, Arsenal and Chelsea.

I don't hate Man UTD. Ferguson is an absolute legend, Van Nistlerooy one of the best in the world, Keane is a class apart, Scholes on his day is world class etc.

The only thing I don't like about UTD is all of the armchair "fans" who came out of the woodwork in the last ten years....I mean, back in the 1980s UTD were a widely supported club but no more so than the Pool. Also, I have to admit that I'm a bit jealous of UTD's financial power, and I know that we cannot compete with them financially in the short to medium term.

However, its not as if UTD are the big club in a massive cosmopolitan city like Rome, Madrid or Berlin, Manchester is no bigger than Liverpool after all. I think we should copy their success on the financial side and try to get our act together in the long term.

I think hating them is secretly a way of respecting and fearing them.

However, I dont want them to win anything more as they are closing in on a few of our records!
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby redandblue » Thu Dec 11, 2003 5:32 pm

The gulf between us and United in terms of finances and quality of players is now massive. The key difference is that they are run by professional businessmen who know their trade and can combine making a return for the shareholders as well as producing a top team.

We are run by David Moores. Enough said.
redandblue
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Premiership - General Discussion