We all hate mancs - But would you hate fc united as much?

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby Ade » Sun May 15, 2005 1:16 pm

Just reading some of the papers this weekend, there’s a theory going round that a sizeable core of ManUre supporters might try to form a breakaway club, a bit like AFC Wimbledon. The name FC United’s been bandied around.

If they were to do this, and set up a club that began in the lower leagues, they may, with their support, get a team moving pretty quickly up into the football league. With the support of ex-players and maybe ex-Utd board members and backers, promotion might come pretty quickly (AFC Wimbledon are making good progress from a tiny base). With promotion at the lower end of the leagues pretty straightforward for a biggish club with backing there comes better players and more investment, and with their  "romantic" fairytale story about a ‘great club’ rising again from the ashes, they could progress pretty quickly up through the leagues.

All highly theoretical, but no one knows where football is going at the moment, and the Spanish model (where clubs are owned by boards of fans, who become shareholders and make the major executive decisions) is growing in English football. Some observers in the game see this as the future, and in The Observer today one commentator was saying that in 20 years time, as many as 50% of English league clubs could be owned by fans.

So, if this were to happen, and in 10 years time FC United were promoted to the Premiership, would you hate the club and their fans as much as we currently hate Utd, or would they start with a clean slate?

My point is, where does our hatred of Man Utd lie: is it in the club as it stands, the huge commerical plc with team attached and :censored: fans, or does it transfer to those thousands of fans who might move to the breakaway club and claim to own the ‘spirit’ of the real Man Utd. Would we hate the shell that Man Utd might become under Glazer as much as FC Utd? Or could you see yourselves applauding a new FC Utd out onto the pitch at Anfield in 2015 for having principles to what they see as their club and going down the leagues with it, or would you still hate them, knowing that their supporters were, in a former life, the scum?
Ade
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby joependo » Sun May 15, 2005 3:05 pm

I'd still hate them i don't know why i just wud.
joependo

Postby L-type » Sun May 15, 2005 3:12 pm

Yes, definitely hate them because they refuse to accept responsibility for their initial mistake of listing manchester united as a plc.
"I get bored quickly and like to change things — except my wife!”                   - Cisse
We all dream of a team of Sissoko's!! All 15 of them !!
L-type
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ade » Sun May 15, 2005 7:54 pm

L-type wrote:Yes, definitely hate them because they refuse to accept responsibility for their initial mistake of listing manchester united as a plc.

But what could we do if Moores decided to float the club as a PLC?

Another good point in the Observer today was that it was unbelievable that Man Utd fans who were shareholders allowed the club to let more than 25.1% of shares be owned by individual groups. Apparently, if the shareholder fans had retained this amount of shares among fans, no one could've done what Glazer's done.

Seems the Manc fans took their eye off the ball, even though they've been a plc for 13 years.
Ade
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sun May 15, 2005 8:57 pm

Hate them all.
115-1073096938

Postby Woollyback » Sun May 15, 2005 10:06 pm

They'd still all be Salford scum = automatic hatred
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Mon May 16, 2005 2:07 am

If they did "rise from the ashes", I don't think it'd be long before they were burnt down again. Anyone into syphoning!?! :D  Up the 'pool!

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Mon May 16, 2005 9:04 am

Ade wrote:Just reading some of the papers this weekend, there’s a theory going round that a sizeable core of ManUre supporters might try to form a breakaway club, a bit like AFC Wimbledon. The name FC United’s been bandied around.

If they were to do this, and set up a club that began in the lower leagues, they may, with their support, get a team moving pretty quickly up into the football league. With the support of ex-players and maybe ex-Utd board members and backers, promotion might come pretty quickly (AFC Wimbledon are making good progress from a tiny base). With promotion at the lower end of the leagues pretty straightforward for a biggish club with backing there comes better players and more investment, and with their  "romantic" fairytale story about a ‘great club’ rising again from the ashes, they could progress pretty quickly up through the leagues.

All highly theoretical, but no one knows where football is going at the moment, and the Spanish model (where clubs are owned by boards of fans, who become shareholders and make the major executive decisions) is growing in English football. Some observers in the game see this as the future, and in The Observer today one commentator was saying that in 20 years time, as many as 50% of English league clubs could be owned by fans.

So, if this were to happen, and in 10 years time FC United were promoted to the Premiership, would you hate the club and their fans as much as we currently hate Utd, or would they start with a clean slate?

My point is, where does our hatred of Man Utd lie: is it in the club as it stands, the huge commerical plc with team attached and :censored: fans, or does it transfer to those thousands of fans who might move to the breakaway club and claim to own the ‘spirit’ of the real Man Utd. Would we hate the shell that Man Utd might become under Glazer as much as FC Utd? Or could you see yourselves applauding a new FC Utd out onto the pitch at Anfield in 2015 for having principles to what they see as their club and going down the leagues with it, or would you still hate them, knowing that their supporters were, in a former life, the scum?

Get over it will you.

This is a Liverpool Forum, so post Liverpool topics.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Starbridge42 » Mon May 16, 2005 9:40 am

Hmm i seem to be in the minority here but I would think extremely highly if the die-hard fans did break away and form their own club seperate from the present man u.  Firstly because it shows principle, secondly because it is opposed to Man Utd, and finally because it is opposed to money being the sole driving force.  I would love to see AFC Wimbledon in the premiership one day, and if it was formed I'd love to see FC United in the premeirship one day too.  I mean, its not the fans fault that their manager is an arrogant tw#t, and that their board are a bunch of soulless money driven schmucks.  Sure they benefitted from the money but then whenever a club does well the fans benefit.

I would think very highly of those involved if it did happen.
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby hawkmoon269 » Mon May 16, 2005 10:06 am

Well apparently he now has the 75% he needs:

From BBC:

Malcolm Glazer has secured a 75% share in Manchester United, enabling him to take charge of the club, the Reuters news agency has reported.

Link to story

So we'll have to wait and see.  However, I wonder if we may be jumping to hasty support for Glazer.  Although Tampa aren't doing to well at the moment, Glazer did raise their position.  He may actually bring in more money for them - increasing our need for massive investment.  And who's to say that investment will be wise - going the same way as Glazer.
hawkmoon269
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Mon May 16, 2005 1:20 pm

Ade wrote:Just reading some of the papers this weekend, there’s a theory going round that a sizeable core of ManUre supporters might try to form a breakaway club, a bit like AFC Wimbledon. The name FC United’s been bandied around.

Don't give a sh1t about the scums  :veryangry
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby roey316 » Mon May 16, 2005 2:03 pm

Mancs are mancs, i dont like Man City either, so it could be Salford FC, who hate Man City and Man U, id still hate them, cos they're mancs
YNWA. Justice for the 96.
roey316

Postby columbia » Mon May 16, 2005 2:09 pm

id hate them, but not as much. Id have respect for them for leaving the club for the reasons they are but i still wouldnt want them to do well.
columbia

Postby thegreedo » Mon May 16, 2005 2:26 pm

Why, oh why do some members of this forum seem so intent on wasting precious minutes of their life talking about the contemptable, arrogent to$$ers that reside at the wrong end of the M62. I'll bet you're the same clowns I've occasionally heard trying to start a "stand up if you hate man u" on the kop. We only sing about liverpool on the kop, you guy's should follow that lead in this forum!!!
WHO GIVES A :censored: WHAT THE FECKIN' MANC SCUM ARE DOING ANYWAY,WE'RE SOON TO RULE EUROPE AGAIN!!!!! :laugh:

"BIGGER??.... I'M NOT 'AVIN' THAT!.... TELL ME WHO'S BIGGER THAN LIVERPOOL???" - Jamie Carragher.

Drummer, gone but never forgotten!
thegreedo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Mon May 16, 2005 3:42 pm

thegreedo wrote:Why, oh why do some members of this forum seem so intent on wasting precious minutes of their life talking about the contemptable, arrogent to$$ers that reside at the wrong end of the M62. I'll bet you're the same clowns I've occasionally heard trying to start a "stand up if you hate man u" on the kop. We only sing about liverpool on the kop, you guy's should follow that lead in this forum!!!
WHO GIVES A :censored: WHAT THE FECKIN' MANC SCUM ARE DOING ANYWAY,WE'RE SOON TO RULE EUROPE AGAIN!!!!! :laugh:

Here Here
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Premiership - General Discussion