Is it easier to support manu or hate them? - Question of the day

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby Clifty » Fri Dec 12, 2003 10:25 pm

Suppose could be said to be jealousy, but when you hear Gary Neville talking cr#p it does make the blood boil! There's no love loss but there are just so ARROGANT! When we we're sweeping the boards we didn't have this much hate did we? We had respect. Everyone hates Man U. Ferguson doesn't realise no one person is bigger than the club, and that might be his downfall?
Clifty

Postby supersub » Fri Dec 12, 2003 11:23 pm

redandblue I have to disagree on your analogy,that the reason manu are successful,is because they are run by businessmen.Manu were winning leagues in the 90's before the "city" moved in.Martin Edwards and his family owned Manu and only started to sell off shares when the championships began to come their way.As is the way of the financial set,they always want a piece of the pie when it's hot,the minute it begins to cool(i.e. leeds) they are off like a shot.The advantage Manu have is that,they have always had a good support nationwide and now it is becoming global.Liverpool on the other hand have built a worldwide support through our success and we are clinging on to this support well through some very barren years.I don't think some get rich quick business men will help resolve any problems at Anfield,unless ofcourse a mega billionaire Liverpool fan,like myself,decided to buy the club,but I'm too busy making money and I can't find the time to bail out my beloved red-men just yet.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Bring Dalglish back » Fri Dec 12, 2003 11:47 pm

Supersub, I'm afraid you are well of the mark with your opinion about Man Utd. They have propelled themselves into being such a great side in recent years because of their business affairs. The money they have made therefore has allowed them to buy almost anyone they wish in the transfer market. Here I shall justify my point:

* Since Manchester United PLC started floating on the  London Stock Exchange in 1991, they have become one of the most richest clubs in the world.

Manchester United PLC own the following subsidiaries:

Manchester United Football Club
Manchester United Catering (Agency Company)
Manchester United Interactive
MUTV, the club’s official channel, is a joint venture between Manchester United PLC, Granada, and British Sky Broadcasting.

* In recent years the 'Man Utd' business has expanded and reaped the benefits from establishing numerous initiatives overseas such as club shops, restaurants etc, which is why they are the most popular club in the far-east.

*They have two megastores, a red cafe and they get buckets full of money from conferincing.

*They have a 'Manchester United hotel' just on their doorstep.....
.....Need I go on.

And tell me, what does Mr Moores have?
"People Say football is a matter of life and death" , " I believe it is much more important than that", Bill Shankly.
Bring Dalglish back
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Sat Dec 13, 2003 12:16 am

Ferguson won championships on the back of his youth policy and his good management.The money rolled in afterwards.To say manu only became what they are today because of money is an insult to Ferguson,Kidd and the players they brought on.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Bring Dalglish back » Sat Dec 13, 2003 12:21 am

I agree that Ferguson is an outstanding manager and my comments do not insult him as a manger, but what I mean is that money helps a great deal and Manchester United, like Chelsea now, are a better team for being rich. Come on, if you inherited, won or earned £10 million quid for example, I'm sure that it would help you in your day to day life, irrespective of whether or not you have been successful in your career or private life.
"People Say football is a matter of life and death" , " I believe it is much more important than that", Bill Shankly.
Bring Dalglish back
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Sat Dec 13, 2003 12:29 am

My point is manu began to win titles before the money boys took hold.It was probably more to do with the decline of Liverpool as a championship force.This certainly helped the mancs take a foothold and when sky invented football,as they like to keep telling us,the money floodgates opened and the mancs were in prime position to take full advantage.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby cheesecakery » Sat Dec 13, 2003 12:42 am

Has wrote:I have more of a hatred for Arsenal than Man Utd, Arsenal are just cokey thugs, without Henry they are not much better than us.

I watched Man Utd champions league match and found my self admiring them.  They were already through and were only playing for top spot rather than seond, they rested Keane, gave Fletcher and Carrol run outs and gave Scholes his first start back form injury.

And still they had the drive to win, RVN was as hungry as ever for goals, the comentator sumed it up in one word "Apatite", I think that is something we lack in our team (Steven Gerrard apart), maybe this is down to the failings of Houlliers motivation and man management skills, but it needs to be addresed.

Say what you want about Man Utd but they are way beyond us even though they are going through a period of change.

Has , you do talk sense at times!
ARF ARF
cheesecakery

Postby cheesecakery » Sat Dec 13, 2003 12:49 am

supersub wrote:redandblue I have to disagree on your analogy,that the reason manu are successful,is because they are run by businessmen.Manu were winning leagues in the 90's before the "city" moved in.Martin Edwards and his family owned Manu and only started to sell off shares when the championships began to come their way.As is the way of the financial set,they always want a piece of the pie when it's hot,the minute it begins to cool(i.e. leeds) they are off like a shot.The advantage Manu have is that,they have always had a good support nationwide and now it is becoming global.Liverpool on the other hand have built a worldwide support through our success and we are clinging on to this support well through some very barren years.I don't think some get rich quick business men will help resolve any problems at Anfield,unless ofcourse a mega billionaire Liverpool fan,like myself,decided to buy the club,but I'm too busy making money and I can't find the time to bail out my beloved red-men just yet.

yes supersub , money is not all ,
lets see how chelsea get on ,
but they could be the exception to the rule
as old ruski has so much ,
but thing is the bookies have made them favorites for EL, prem , etc
this is  boll##ks , ok there doing ok at the mo ,
but there no force and they still have there 'blip' to come ,

that will sort the foreigners out from the boys ???
ARF ARF
cheesecakery

Postby mistyred » Sat Dec 13, 2003 8:19 pm

Cheesy by name Cheesy by nature....You truly are 1 of the world biggest 1
testicle to*sers..
You really enjoy adding to other peoples misery with your overrated wit...
which by the way  is as unflattering as a man with 1 testicle...Oh cr#p!
sorry you already know this as you know yourself so well!!.
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby trim trab lad » Wed Dec 17, 2003 2:46 am

the only good thing about the scum is they have a statue of a liverpool captian outside castle grey skull           
red shirt red shorts red socks REDS
red shirt white shorts black socks SCUMBAGS
trim trab lad
trim trab lad

Postby 116-1065305004 » Wed Dec 17, 2003 2:50 am

we can laugh at Man Utds champions league failures as much as we like but what have we done in that time eh?..........
f##k ALL :(
116-1065305004

Postby leothelion » Wed Dec 17, 2003 3:00 am

AT LEAST WE CAN GLOAT IN WINNING IT 4 TIMES AND HOPEFULLY MORE TO COME AFTER H
YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
"MEMBER OF BEAVIS CREW"
leothelion
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Wed Dec 17, 2003 2:52 pm

the return of beavis wrote:we can laugh at Man Utds champions league failures as much as we like but what have we done in that time eh?..........

Yeah, but they were in it to win it and they didn't, there is a tangible difference. They were rated among the favourites and their beloved "record" is as far as they got (umpteenth consecutive QF :D  ) The real sad thing is they have to mention their "treble" of 1999 every time an argument develops because that is their claim to fame. It is such a shame their "treble" is a fraudulent one since they won a Champions League when they weren't Champions, they were lucky to win it even then

manu - (you don't have to be) champions league fluke 1999
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby BOODIDDY » Wed Dec 17, 2003 11:47 pm

I cant stand the ba#ta#ds, no class, no real silverware, fans are all cockney ba#ta#ds, i do my shopping in London when Salford play at home, it's empty.
And Oh yeah, they've won f##k all. Champions league, that aint a European cup, f##k me they weren't even Champions of their own country. Outclassed in the final, only the greatest amount of luck won that game that night.

"WHAT WE ACHIEVE IN LIFE, ECHOES IN ETERNITY, 18 TITLES, 4EUROPEAN CUPS"

"THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN GREATNESS AND MEDIOCRITY, IS MEASURED ONLY BY THE AMOUNT OF SUCCESS ACHIEVED."

BEAT THAT YOU SALFORD tw#ts!
BOODIDDY
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 116-1065305004 » Wed Dec 17, 2003 11:53 pm

Owzat wrote:
the return of beavis wrote:we can laugh at Man Utds champions league failures as much as we like but what have we done in that time eh?..........

Yeah, but they were in it to win it and they didn't, there is a tangible difference. They were rated among the favourites and their beloved "record" is as far as they got (umpteenth consecutive QF :D  ) The real sad thing is they have to mention their "treble" of 1999 every time an argument develops because that is their claim to fame. It is such a shame their "treble" is a fraudulent one since they won a Champions League when they weren't Champions, they were lucky to win it even then

manu - (you don't have to be) champions league fluke 1999

But Liverpools objectives are to win titles and european cups.

But Man United are in the european cup to win it, we cant even f##king qualify because we are that s##t
116-1065305004

PreviousNext

Return to Premiership - General Discussion