Houllier

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby shabelle50 » Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:03 pm

SouthCoastShankly wrote:
shabelle50 wrote:The unique differences are a) Houllier didn't finish second 7 points off the title his team under Thompson did Benitez finished second 4 points off the title b) Houllier became the first modern day Liverpool boss to be sacked within 15 months of winning a major trophy.

Why would you need to tell a newspaper that it was your team who won in Istanbul? The same squad who finished with 60 points 12 months earlier? Good luck at Villa Gerard I think you'll need it......

Wrong Houllier wasn't sacked, in fact Liverpool FC have never sacked a manager.

Houllier (and Benitez) left of mutual consent.

Houllier and Benitez might not have actually been sacked but parting by mutual consent amounts to being pushed before they walked.

Also Liverpool have sacked a manger in their history just one though - Don Welsh.
shabelle50

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:57 pm

bigmick wrote:What amazes me Red is that these aren't merely opinions, they are fact. Similarly, when you state the fact that Roy has won his domestic title seven times, it's not an opinion, it's a fact. Now when these people say "ah but it doesn't count because Sweden is a sh!t league" I don't get all hot and bothered about it, I don't give a flying feck to be totally honest :laugh:.

All indisputable facts Mick ...so I fail to see how anyone could manufacture a valid argument to substantiate their counter claims
and therein lies the problem ....people invariably do.... even when they know they are wrong ...
My question is if you believe you are correct, and have stated your beliefs for the forum to read ,If you trust in your strength of conviction then why is it so essential the posters who in your own words would deny the sky was blue believe also .....
and that's exactly what's at the root of the forums problems lately
Everyone should be behind the team and the manager ,that fact is indisputable... ok we can debate about the intricacies of management we can wax lyrical about players, or we can cast doubts on their abilities ...we can dispute the nuances of substitutions ,and the precise time to make such interventions, we can discuss formations and why we feel one would be more advantageous than the next ....we can discuss all this Mick and more and still be equally fanatical in our support
I was just simply saying so in my original post ..... but it seems it  gave the wrong impression
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:18 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:
bigmick wrote:What amazes me Red is that these aren't merely opinions, they are fact. Similarly, when you state the fact that Roy has won his domestic title seven times, it's not an opinion, it's a fact. Now when these people say "ah but it doesn't count because Sweden is a sh!t league" I don't get all hot and bothered about it, I don't give a flying feck to be totally honest :laugh:.

All indisputable facts Mick ...so I fail to see how anyone could manufacture a valid argument to substantiate their counter claims
and therein lies the problem ....people invariably do.... even when they know they are wrong ...
My question is if you believe you are correct, and have stated your beliefs for the forum to read ,If you trust in your strength of conviction then why is it so essential the posters who in your own words would deny the sky was blue believe also .....
and that's exactly what's at the root of the forums problems lately
Everyone should be behind the team and the manager ,that fact is indisputable... ok we can debate about the intricacies of management we can wax lyrical about players, or we can cast doubts on their abilities ...we can dispute the nuances of substitutions ,and the precise time to make such interventions, we can discuss formations and why we feel one would be more advantageous than the next ....we can discuss all this Mick and more and still be equally fanatical in our support
I was just simply saying so in my original post ..... but it seems it  gave the wrong impression

Well that time I can't disagree because you are right  :D .
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bermenstein » Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:15 pm

Well he's now officially got Villa job. Best of luck to him, except when they're against us......
Bermenstein
LFC Super Member

Postby Greavesie » Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:18 pm

I'm quite looking forward to seeing him again :)
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Reg » Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:47 am

Greavesie wrote:I'm quite looking forward to seeing him again :)

And me, defo.  :buttrock
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:08 am

already been written off by many villa fans as a "bad appointment". well who were they realistically expecting? this is aston villa ffs.

sums up the modern day football supporter.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:06 pm

stmichael wrote:already been written off by many villa fans as a "bad appointment". well who were they realistically expecting? this is aston villa ffs.

sums up the modern day football supporter.

Some bloke on Talksport this morning said he would prefer Ian Dowie.

:laugh:

Inbreds.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:24 pm

haha Ged has achieved more than O'Niell or any of their realistic targets. I think he'll do a good job for Villa and, if not, I don't really mind though it I wouldn't enjoy seeing him getting a lot of stick

YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Big Niall » Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:25 pm

I just don't rate the guy. I remember battling Ipswich in the league FFS, cups are fine but league is what counts.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gerrard30391 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:09 pm

Just wanted to wish Gerard a speedy recovery. For those of you not sure why I post this, he's been taken ill again and undergoing tests.
"I certainly wouldn't say I'm the best manager in the business, but I'm in the top one."
Gerrard30391
LFC Super Member

Postby Greavesie » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:11 pm

aye, get well soon Ged, doubt that job's helping at all though

YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby jacdaniel » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:13 pm

Hope he is ok and gets well soon.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member