Houllier

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby tubby » Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:16 pm

Anyone read his comments today? The words pathetic and arrogant come to mind. And what's funnier when talking about the boot room didn't he say 'if they want to go back to the 70's they can but not with me'

http://bit.ly/a79HnO

He gave a lot to this team but those comments are well wide of the mark. I must have forgotten he signed Garcia and Alonso before he left.

Also I think it's fair to say it was Rafa who brought us into the 21st century with training methods not him. The new facility would have been installed anyway.
Last edited by tubby on Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:25 pm

A few points courtesy of Tompkins.

Benítez's record in both Europe and the Premier League was better than Houllier's. GH's final season was 60pts; RB's 63 pts and a semi-final.

Houllier's flops were often hard to get rid of; many of Benítez's worst signings have left for decent money, even large profits

Finally Houllier never had the spending power of Chelsea (beyond his final season) or Man City to deal with.

I wonder which player set that text.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:33 pm

It's certainly an interesting take on events :) .
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:36 pm

both managers had good and bad points.. both helped the club progress
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Aussie Style » Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:48 pm

bavlondon wrote:I wonder which player sent that text.

Well if he meant current players then it has to be either Carra or Stevie..
Aussie Style
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:52 pm

It will be Stevie.....  Carragher just doesn't seem the type to lick @rse :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:03 pm

As you all say both had their highs and lows but Houlliers biggest high could match Rafas. A European Cup? But you could probably say the same for finishing 7th. Overall though I feel Rafa done a better job in charge.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:07 pm

bavlondon wrote:As you all say both had their highs and lows but Houlliers biggest high could match Rafas. A European Cup? But you could probably say the same for finishing 7th. Overall though I feel Rafa done a better job in charge.

Houlliers lowest low cant match Rafas either though... had some great times under both managers though...
seen the best fa cup final, uefa cup final, champs league final...
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:55 pm

Sorry but ive lost a bit of respect for him with what hes saying here , You  left 5 years ago FFS get over yourself Ged , Rafa Benitez lifted that trophy not you, with how he played up to and including the final, and very dissapointed in him having a swipe at Roy and all,

Did you see Bob coming out years later saying Joe won all them cups with my team , or Shanks saying Bob won all them great accolades with hes team, Little bit of a bitter interview that imo and im very dissapointed in him ,
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:56 pm

NANNY RED wrote:Sorry but ive lost a bit of respect for him with what hes saying here , You  left 5 years ago FFS get over yourself Ged , Rafa Benitez lifted that trophy not you, with how he played up to and including the final, and very dissapointed in him having a swipe at Roy and all,

Did you see Bob coming out years later saying Joe won all them cups with my team , or Shanks saying Bob won all them great accolades with hes team, Little bit of a bitter interview that imo and im very dissapointed in him ,

This

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:00 pm

That is not how ex Liverpool managers should act - that's pretty shocking and full of a lot of bitterness towards Rafa mainly due to him winning the CL . No respect for Houllier now . I thought he was a better person than that and would never expect him to drop to those levels
Benny The Noon

Postby tubby » Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:06 pm

Ben it's not the first time he has said this either about the cl squad. In that book a season on a brink there is a similar reference and quote.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:09 pm

I wonder if someone has mentioned to him that he took that squad to 35 points behind the winners and with Owen in the team - he also forgets that the two of the most important players during that campaign were brought in by Rafa and not him .
Benny The Noon

Postby NANNY RED » Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:16 pm

Strange though after 5 years ,5 years out he comes , angling for a job back at the club ,scores a lot of brownie points with Christie that does Ged , im sorry but he comes across as a bitter arl man who just cant let things go, I have never disrepected any Liverpool manager , but lost a lot of repect for him right there after reading that,

And before anyone jumps in , No its not because he was havinga dig at Rafa , he also had a dig at Evans and all, Shouldnt be coming out with things like this about any manager who was accociated to us, Move on Ged lad
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby roberto green » Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:26 pm

Same as nanny here.Lost a lot of respect for him .At least Rafa always got rid of hs sh!te and not for any loss too and he bought some of the best players we have seen this decade.

On the text saying Rafa never bettered GH, In terms of winning the european cup I think Rafa wins hands down and my money is on Steven Gerrad sending that text
roberto green

Next

Return to Premiership - General Discussion