Finnan vs. bellamy ? - Ireland vs. wales

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby bunglemark2 » Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:12 pm

Maybe there's another topic open on this somewhere.....but tomorrow marks a big day in footie history in Ireland. Croke Park : Ireland vs. Wales......Here's hoping Finnan will stuff Bellamy; Giggs will get lamped out of it by Richard Dunne....and maybe even best of all, Staunton gets the chop.....couldn't be a better set of results all round !
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby 66-1120597113 » Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:00 pm

bunglemark2 wrote:Maybe there's another topic open on this somewhere.....but tomorrow marks a big day in footie history in Ireland. Croke Park : Ireland vs. Wales......Here's hoping Finnan will stuff Bellamy; Giggs will get lamped out of it by Richard Dunne....and maybe even best of all, Staunton gets the chop.....couldn't be a better set of results all round !

Ireland will be lucky to get a point mate!!

They have been absolutely terrible under Staunton!I'm sure it really hurts the fans how poor they have been especially when they have some quality players in the squad.

They should be doing so much better than scraping by teams like San Marino....Staunton was a good player but he should not be managing..its not for him.

Good luck to them tomorrow....but to be honest a defeat may do them a favour and so can get rid of Staunton!
66-1120597113

Postby peterc1992 » Sat Mar 24, 2007 1:56 am

Yeh i think Staunton has to go,I think kerr was doing a great job with ireland he was about 20 game ubeaten at home and he lost 3 games,one of them against italy(the world champions)and he gets the chop,staunton loses 2 and hes still here.We have the team doyle,duff,finnan,given,mcgeady,keane,dunne etc. all good pros and theres no reason why we can't qualify but we won't under Staunton,Does he have a clue about tactics at all?He has the expierence of playing but doesnt have the managerials skills.I read in the paper Ramonn dominech(i think that how u spell it) the french coach,posted an aplication for the irish job and the f.a.i rejected it and i think he was cheaper than staunton.He went on to the world cup final.

I still think we will win tomorow,3-0 but not because of stauntons mastermind tactics juct because of the day that's in it and the player will be up for it.
emlyn hughes:"liverpool are magic,everton are tragic"
peterc1992
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:19 pm

Gentlemen....€50 to see that :censored: on Sat. afternoon....and to think that only a few weeks ago, when the rugby team showed what a team *really* plays like, that the footie counterparts could go out and out on such a shocking display....Phuckin' hell - what a joke ! Finnan played reasonably well, if only to reveall all too often that he can't cross with his left foot. Bellamy had one reasonable chance thru a fluffed clearance attempt by the Honey Monster. Apart from that, can't see any reason to NOT sue the FAI for a wasted 1 3/4 hours of my life.....Staunton has to go, end of !!
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Pedro Maradona » Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:31 pm

its the FAI thats to blame, not just staunton, ok he applied for the job and hes way out his depth, ie playing finnan on the left and o shea on the right, not starting doyle and playing duff up front and ireland on the right where he admitted he wasnt comfortable there, playing two battler midfielders in carsley and douglas and not having miller in the squad. carsley actually said staunton picked a team and never told them what he wanted them to do....thats madness, I genuinely feel sorry for the guy, but he needs to be sacked.Delaney the chief exec should be sacked even before his golfing buddy staunton. Another issue is the attitude of the players, mostly premiership players but put in performances that junior footballers would be ashamed of. I mean they are professionals and they dont seem to have a clue about the fundamentals of the game. Fair play to Northern Ireland at the moment, players of lessser ability (arguably) but at least they play with a bit of passion....
Pedro Maradona

Return to Premiership - General Discussion