Bellamy - Punches man utd fan

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby JoeTerp » Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:22 pm

bigmick wrote:
bunglemark2 wrote:Worth a punt in January ? Maybe Rafa would laugh at that....

Well there's no chance of either us bidding for him, or frankly them selling him either. In a squad full of potential prima donna's, Bellamy is one of the glue players who reminds them what they are actually getting paid to do, namely win football matches. I should think Mark Hughes regards him as one of, if not the, most important player he's got.

It sounds like an after the event piece of wiseness, but I felt we should have kept him and said so at the time. Is/was he better than Keane? In all probability he is yes, and I guess we'll never know how much his club selection and the fact he twatted Riise with his chosen implement was a factor in us moving him on. He may indeed be bad news, but there's never any shortage of clubs who want his services that's for sure.

Of course he'd walk into our squad now and is in a different stratosphere in terms of ability to any striker we have bar Torres. That said, given the circumstances it would be unfair to criticise the manager for moving him on.

we didn't replace Bellamy with Keane, we replaced him with Torres.
JoeTerp

Postby Yossi_Benaloon » Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:07 pm

Apparently he is thinking about calling time on his international career, especially if Citeh manage to get a champs league place.

big loss for Wales that.
Yossi_Benaloon

Previous

Return to Premiership - General Discussion