Best/worst soccer pundits

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby cheesecakery » Wed Sep 29, 2004 5:44 pm

Homebooby wrote:long time no posts from me. Hi all. Nice to see a fun thread without abuse and threats for a change.

I just wanted to add my vote for Alan Hansen. The man is a god in my eyes, was as a defender for us and still remains the best pundit going. Everyone pales into insignificance when he is around.

Andy Gray isn't bad. I actually find him less annoying now than in his early days as a commentator. He doesn't seem to be quite so reliant on his little toys as he once was. I do find his terrible bias towards ManU too much to take. That is why he loses points for me.

John Barnes makes Gary Lineker look like Des Lynam. Poor placement if ever I saw it.

I always get the feeling that they don't like Schmeichel on MOTD...constant interruptions to what he is saying and Gary Lineker ignores him on general discussions altogether. I actually don't think that Schmichel is that bad.

As I have called for before......Liverpool could do a lot worse than to get Hansen in as a defensive consultant. I know he doesn't want the mgt pressure as he couldn't handle it as a player either...ut it would work well for us.

Gary Lineker is a crisps salesman  :O
ARF ARF
cheesecakery

Postby who the hell is diarra » Wed Sep 29, 2004 11:35 pm

Sh*t List
Big Ron
Barnsie
Townsend
Jonathan Pearce :angry:
Earle
Garth Crooks

Good guys
Hansen
Strachan
Beglin
Aldo :D
Always Look on the bright side of life
der der ........der der der der der

Drummerphil You'll never walk alone
who the hell is diarra
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby steviec » Thu Sep 30, 2004 11:59 am

The pundit who cracked me up was Big Ron, especially when he was at a Man U match. " Now if i were Alex I'd push forward down the right, bring so and so on and get keano to move tighter onto such and such"   Doesn't he forget, they sacked the w**ker. cos he was a ****** :p
Save money on expensive binoculars by standing closer to the object you are trying to observe
steviec

Postby Scottbot » Sat Oct 02, 2004 2:14 pm

Hansen - head & shoulders above the rest. Nuff said.

Andy Gray - I like the energy he brings to commentary but he can't hide the fact he's a lifelong manc and is buyest ******..er

Lawro - Agree with everything the others have said + is he the most unfunny man on TV?

McCoist - Like the guy but he says 'i think' before every sentence.

Robbie Earle/Townsend/Beglin - Send me to sleep

Big Ron - Had comedy value, again fails to hide manc loving traits + everyone was the 'little fella' or the 'big man' etc

Strachan - excellent analyst, very incisive + very funny. Strachan is also the best manager to see being interviewed.

Venables - Excellent critic when he is on, always talks sense

Smeichel - Likeable guy, comedy value - Bit like Jimmy Hill in his latter days on MOTD

As for presenters - I like Lineker although he seems to think he is on 'they think its all over' much of the time. Gabby is excellent + i think Matt Smith does a great job. Someone please rescue Jonny Barnes! He is so poor i feel sorry for him - He talks too fast! Should stick to Lucozade Sport adverts (anyone remember that advert?)
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the great one » Sat Oct 02, 2004 2:25 pm

steve mc.mahon he is the most neagtive guy from an ex liverpool player his the most critcal ex player nearly as bad as lawro who said gerrard should of joined chelsea
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Tue Oct 05, 2004 5:45 pm

Peter Schmeichal is the worst.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Tue Oct 05, 2004 6:25 pm

andy effing gray is the worst
i hate him, hate hate hate him, arrrrrrghhhhhhh
:angry: :angry:
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the great one » Tue Oct 05, 2004 6:33 pm

dawson99 wrote:andy effing gray is the worst
i hate him, hate hate hate him, arrrrrrghhhhhhh
:angry: :angry:

u have to remeber he won't have anythink good to say about us remeber where he played
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Tue Oct 05, 2004 7:04 pm

i know, i just...i just really hate him
i cant explain it, its that receding head, that fake laugh, the way he loves everything non liverpool. cant we do something? a petition to get him deported or something? id rather listen to peter beardsley recite shakespeare or see joe brand lap dance on me than listen to andy effing gray

i need a smoke now :angry:
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Premiership - General Discussion