Best & Worst of 2013/14

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:49 am

Hey guys,

The season is nearing its end. Let's look back and see who have been some of the best performers, and the biggest letdowns.
Who do you think will win the following awards?

Player of the Year
Notable Mentions: Luis Suarez, Yaya Toure, Eden Hazard, Steven Gerrard, Daniel Sturridge, Wayne Rooney and Adam Lallana.

Young Player of the Year
Notable Mentions: Raheem Sterling, Eden Hazard, Jon Flanagan, Ross Barkley, Luke Shaw, Oscar, Aaron Ramsey, Jordan Henderson and Daniel Sturridge.

Manager of the Year
Notable Mentions: Brendan Rodgers, Roberto Martinez, Tony Pulis and Mauricio Pochettino

Best Signing of the Season
Notable Mentions: Nemanja Matic, Dejan Lovren, Mesut Ozil and Nathan Redmond.

Worse Signing of the Season
Notable Mentions: Erik Lamela, Iago Aspas, Jozy Altidore, Pablo Osvaldo, Maroune Fellaini and Roberto Soldado.

Team of the Season
Your starting 11.

Mine would have Mannone in goal for sure. He's been outstanding for a Sunderland team that's been pretty horrible. Not so sure about the rest, shall give it some thought later after finishing my studies. But Gary Cahill would be there too.

ps: Yaya Toure would be my first for player of the season if it wasn't for Luis Suarez. They have both been massive for their teams. Yaya is on 21 goals so far this season I think?
maypaxvobiscum

Postby LFC1990 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:39 am

Player of the year : Without a doubt Luis Suarez but Danny Sturridge and Eden Hazard have played very well

Young player of the year: Raheem Sterling, Ross Barkley and Luke Shaw

Manager of the year: Got to be David Moytes right only he could turn the champions into 7th place, On a serious note Brendan whether we win the league or not WILL get it.

Best signing: Very tricky as I dont think any new signings have stood out, probably Fernandinho of citeh

Worst: Ozil or Fellani also for the reputation he came with and the fact the team will be relegated Steklenburg

Team of the season

Artur Boruc (Southampton)

Brinislav Ivanovic(Chelsea)                                        Laurent  Koscienly (Arsenal)                      Jose Fonte ( Southampton)                     Cesar Azpilicueta (Chelsea)

Yaya Toure (Man city)                   Steven Gerrard ( Liverpool)

Adam Lalana (Southampton)

Eden Hazard  (Chelsea)                                                                                               Luis Suarez (Liverpool)                               
                                                                                                                  Danny Sturridge ( Liverpool)

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:13 pm

My team of the season -

De Gea

Coleman             Kompany           Terry              Shaw

Fernandinho      Toure

Suarez           Silva          Hazard

Sturridge

I know Terry has made a couple of mistakes recently but from what I've seen over the 7/8 months of the season so far these are the players that have been most consistent. The likes of Sterling and Hendo are pushing these close though, they have been as consistent as anyone themselves.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:04 pm

Player of the season: 1. Luis Suarez
                                     space
                                     space
                                     space
                                   2. Yaya Toure
                                   3. Eden Hazard

Young player of the season: 1. Eden Hazard
                                            2. Daniel Sturridge (he was 23 when the season started so he qualifies as a young player). 
                                            3. Luke Shaw, Ross Barkley and Jordan Henderson
                                            * Szczęsny, De Gea, Flanagan, Ramsey, Oscar, Sterling notable mentions

Manager of the season: 1. Brendan Rodgers
                                    2. Roberto Martinez
                                    3. Manuel Pellegrini
                                    * Jose Mourinho, Mauricio Pochettino notable mentions

Best signing of the season: 1. Fernandinho
                                          2. Alvaro Negredo
                                          3. Nemanja Matic
                                          * Dejan Lovren, Flamini, Christian Eriksen, Wilfred Bony notable mentions

Worst signing of the season: 1. Erik Lamela
                                             2. Marouane Fellaini
                                             3. Roberto Soldado
                                             * Stefan Jovetic notable mention

Team of the season:

Cech

Coleman       Kompany      Mertesacker        Shaw

Fernandinho     Yaya Toure

Lallana                                                Hazard

Sturrdige     Suarez

Subs:
De Gea
Garry Cahill
Ivanovic
Ramsey
Oscar
Jay Rodriguez
Negredo
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby ethanr » Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:15 am

Player of the Year
Luis Suarez- really no question here at all.

Young Player of the year
Danny Sturridge- many will argue that Hazard should be, but he takes chelsea's pens, plays on a team with much greater talent, and even tho he's considered a midfielder, he plays as a forward.  Danny has done much better, with more goals and as many assists. Yes I'm bias.

Manager of the year
Brendan Rogers- no question in my mind he's deserving of this award, and there's a couple of managers who have done fantastically well this season, but none are close to what Rodgers has done.

Best Signing of the year
Negredo- He's done well, and is consistent for City.

Worst Signing of the year
Lamela- I loved this guy and thought he was un-buyable. I was shocked and disappointed to see Spurs sign him, but even more shocked with how poor he's been.

Team of the year

Cech

Ivanovic  Kompany  Mertesacker  Shaw

Hazard  Yaya  Gerrard

Suarez  Sturridge  Aguero

Gerrard has gotten some stick from our own fans, but I think he's been fantastic as of late. One of the top goal scorers (a lot of pens, but a lot of important ones) and one of the top assisters in the league. Has led by example, and people don't get enough credit to him for our successful season.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:30 pm

My team of the year would be:

Mannone

Coleman   Lovren    Cahill    Baines

Ramsey    Yaya

Hazard            Suarez           Lallana

Sturridge
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Welsh LFC » Tue May 13, 2014 9:51 am

Marshall
Coleman --- Lovren --- Cahill --- Shaa
Ramsey --- Gerrard
Bolaise --- Toure --- Sterling
Suarez

Player of the year: Luis Suarez
Young player of the year: Eden Hazard
Manager of the year: Tony Pulis (incredible stuff)
Best signing of the year: James McCarthy
Worst signing: Marouane FellIaini
Welsh LFC
LFC Basic Member

Return to Premiership - General Discussion