Andy Carroll signs for West Ham

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby stmichael » Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:22 pm

i've not seen the diving incident on tv yet as we were miles away up in the stands but as has already been said, it seemed easier to score than to dive when through ffs.

i actually thought he looked up for it early on but his influenced diminished as the game went on. i'm not too bothered about him miffed at being subbed. that at least shows he cares.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Boxscarf » Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:25 pm

I say cut our losses and sell him, move and find someone who's going to score goals on a consistent. I couldn't believe it when he went down, he should have slotted that home and then maybe the outcome of the match would have been different. I'm just delighted that the referee had enough ballacks to show him the yellow as well. Divers, no matter who they are should be punished.
Boxscarf

Postby ethanr » Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:27 pm

I thought he was our most lively player in the first half easily.  He was absolutely everywhere, trying to get involved in everything, and he looked the most likely to score.

Why he dove, I don't know.  I imagine he was expecting to get taken out and prepared himself to go down, but regardless it was a horrible decision after a really good play by him.

Either way I thought he actually had a pretty good game.  I think he'll be really motivated to get back out there and prove himself.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby stmichael » Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:46 pm

Boxscarf » Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:25 pm wrote: Divers, no matter who they are should be punished.

and yet typically ben arfa looked live he dived in the first half aswell and got absolutely nothing.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby heimdall » Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:51 pm

ethanr » Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:27 pm wrote:I thought he was our most lively player in the first half easily.  He was absolutely everywhere, trying to get involved in everything, and he looked the most likely to score.

Why he dove, I don't know.  I imagine he was expecting to get taken out and prepared himself to go down, but regardless it was a horrible decision after a really good play by him.

Either way I thought he actually had a pretty good game.  I think he'll be really motivated to get back out there and prove himself.

Why would he be more motivated now, and why hasn't he been motivated before, btw were you impressed with his headers, because I wasn't. I was always told that Carroll was really good in the air but I've never seen any evidence of that.
heimdall

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:01 pm

Boxscarf » Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:25 pm wrote:I say cut our losses and sell him, move and find someone who's going to score goals on a consistent. I couldn't believe it when he went down, he should have slotted that home and then maybe the outcome of the match would have been different. I'm just delighted that the referee had enough ballacks to show him the yellow as well. Divers, no matter who they are should be punished.

as i said carroll is not the first forward to try and milk a pen out of an on rushing keeper, i`ve seen gerrard do it, fowler do it, owen do it, eduardo do it, henry do it, rooney do it infact over the years i`ve seen practically every forward who`s played the game do it. carrolls just looked worse because he didnt even trail a leg towards the keeper which the likes of gerrard and rooney tend to do.
i think carroll just saw the keeper rushing out and presumed he was going to get taken out and he probably thought if he wipes me out here it`s a pen and he`s off. the fact that he would have probably got a red and it was only 15 minutes into the game is probably why the keeper slammed the breaks on.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:03 pm

I want this wretch out of my club. Simply not good enough for our great club and his not going to get any better. If his still here at the beginning of next season, I will be gutted
Doeboy

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:05 pm

Doeboy » Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:03 pm wrote:I want this wretch out of my club. Simply not good enough for our great club and his not going to get any better. If his still here at the beginning of next season, I will be gutted

he was probably one of our better players on the day, along with suarez, spearing and shelvey.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Boxscarf » Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:11 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:05 pm wrote:he was probably one of our better players on the day, along with suarez, spearing and shelvey.

Spearing? Spearing was dreadful today.
Boxscarf

Postby D___C » Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:14 pm

its actually not Carrolls fault... he didnt sign himself.

If a professor allows a weak student to enter Cambridge, is it the students fault or the professors fauth that the student is at Cambridge and completely out of his depth?

The problem is, Andy Carroll (and the rest of the mediocre garbage) is dragging us to the midtable level where we got them from.

Kenny Dalglish signed these players, either he comes out and says hes not responsible and it was Commoli who sanctioned the signings, or he takes the ridicule.

My depression on the 31 Jan 2011 has prepared me for this. I have never known us to have a weaker team than we do right now. Spearing, Shelvey, Henderson, Carroll.. if they were at Bolton id have them favourites for the drop.
D___C

Postby Boxscarf » Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:14 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:01 pm wrote:
as i said carroll is not the first forward to try and milk a pen out of an on rushing keeper, i`ve seen gerrard do it, fowler do it, owen do it, eduardo do it, henry do it, rooney do it infact over the years i`ve seen practically every forward who`s played the game do it. carrolls just looked worse because he didnt even trail a leg towards the keeper which the likes of gerrard and rooney tend to do.
i think carroll just saw the keeper rushing out and presumed he was going to get taken out and he probably thought if he wipes me out here it`s a pen and he`s off. the fact that he would have probably got a red and it was only 15 minutes into the game is probably why the keeper slammed the breaks on.

It doesn't matter who does it, it's still a form of deception, it's conning the referee and it's wrong. What happened with Carroll today should happen with all divers when caught. A straight yellow card for all offenders, if they do it again or appear to milk a challenge, another yellow, a sending off. I don't like seeing players simulating and cheating and I want it eradicated from the game. If Carroll had stayed on his feet, he might well have scored. We'd have been 1-0 up and who knows, we might have gone on to get another and might well have won the match.
Boxscarf

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:39 pm

Boxscarf » Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:14 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:01 pm wrote:

It doesn't matter who does it, it's still a form of deception, it's conning the referee and it's wrong. What happened with Carroll today should happen with all divers when caught. A straight yellow card for all offenders, if they do it again or appear to milk a challenge, another yellow, a sending off. I don't like seeing players simulating and cheating and I want it eradicated from the game. If Carroll had stayed on his feet, he might well have scored. We'd have been 1-0 up and who knows, we might have gone on to get another and might well have won the match.

i think that particular horse has bolted mate, diving is here to stay, an even more embaressing dive than carroll`s was perch`s but he got rewarded for it, we were down to 10 men.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:41 pm

Boxscarf » Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:11 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:05 pm wrote:he was probably one of our better players on the day, along with suarez, spearing and shelvey.

Spearing? Spearing was dreadful today.

your joking arent you? he was the only one running around trying to get the ball back.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Boxscarf » Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:42 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:41 pm wrote:
your joking arent you? he was the only one running around trying to get the ball back.

That doesn't mean he had a good performance does it? He's a workhorse, but he's not good enough to be a first team regular.
Boxscarf

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:49 pm

Boxscarf » Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:42 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:41 pm wrote:

That doesn't mean he had a good performance does it? He's a workhorse, but he's not good enough to be a first team regular.

without him today we would have been over run, with about 2 minutes to go he tried to put a tackle in and ended up going down with cramp, he left everything he had out on that pitch, how many others today can say that?
maybe he`s not good enough to be a first team regular but he is a good back up and he`s one of the few today who showed any pride in wearing the shirt.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Premiership - General Discussion