Andy Carroll signs for West Ham

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby Boxscarf » Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:25 am

Strikers will be judged on goals and when your most expensive striker has one more league goal than your best center back then you know there are problems. Andy Carroll says he won't celebrate if he scores on Sunday, well tbh I cannot see him scoring on Sunday, so I think his pre-match comments are unnecessary, but then that's been our problems for years at Anfield. Our players talk a good game of football in interviews for the Daily Telegraph and Skysports.com, but they don't deliver on the pitch as much as they should do. Forget about what you'll do if you score against Newcastle, just make sure you do score against Newcastle, a hattrick would be fantastic.
Boxscarf

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:45 am

i hope he starts on sunday,plays well and scores for us.
i really dont see the point in benching him for this one and he should be well up for a return to st james park so i doubt motivation will be the problem.
him starting will all come down to whether kenny believes in him or not.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Boxscarf » Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:57 am

red till i die!! » Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:45 am wrote:i hope he starts on sunday,plays well and scores for us.
i really dont see the point in benching him for this one and he should be well up for a return to st james park so i doubt motivation will be the problem.
him starting will all come down to whether kenny believes in him or not.

Judging by Kenny's comments to the press you'd believe that was the case, but if Kenny truly believes in Carroll then I cannot understand why he isn't in the starting line up every week, especially if we're winning matches when he starts and he's getting the best out of Suarez? I just don't understand what's going on with Carroll and if Kenny doesn't believe in Carroll then he should sell him as soon as the summer transfer window opens.
Boxscarf

Postby D___C » Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:54 pm

Thommo's perm » Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:49 am wrote:They should build a statue to the sh'ittest ever player in their history who made them the most money.
What do you think should be written underneath?
Please try to be imaginative
:;):

"He made the geordies (and the fat cockney) happy" ?
D___C

Postby D___C » Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:04 pm

Boxscarf » Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:25 am wrote:Strikers will be judged on goals and when your most expensive striker has one more league goal than your best center back then you know there are problems. Andy Carroll says he won't celebrate if he scores on Sunday, well tbh I cannot see him scoring on Sunday, so I think his pre-match comments are unnecessary, but then that's been our problems for years at Anfield. Our players talk a good game of football in interviews for the Daily Telegraph and Skysports.com, but they don't deliver on the pitch as much as they should do. Forget about what you'll do if you score against Newcastle, just make sure you do score against Newcastle, a hattrick would be fantastic.

Goals are vital yes, but so too are creating chances, linking up play, and making the team function. Carroll does none of this. When Crouch went 17 games (or whatever it was) without a goal there werent that many calls for him to be dropped because his overall contribution was very good.

Boxscarf » Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:57 am wrote:  if Kenny truly believes in Carroll then I cannot understand why he isn't in the starting line up every week.

He doesn't.

Actions speak louder than words. You dont routinely leave someone on the bench if your believe in them.

Another giveaway is Kenny's prickly reaction in interviews whenever Carroll is mentioned.. he usually responds by avoiding talking about him and emphasizes "the team"... yet when Stevie Gerrard's name is brought up Kenny will speak all day about him.
D___C

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:10 pm

Jeez... Kerry or Dic, whatever your name is, are you STILL here? talking the same ***** that you have been spouting all season.

BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING
:veryangry
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby Thommo's perm » Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:53 pm

D___C » Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:54 pm wrote:
Thommo's perm » Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:49 am wrote:They should build a statue to the sh'ittest ever player in their history who made them the most money.
What do you think should be written underneath?
Please try to be imaginative
:;):

"He made the geordies (and the fat cockney) happy" ?

Bit predictable
By the way whos the fat cockney?
Thommo's perm

Postby spiceboys2014 » Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:47 pm

id actully employ a 36 year old fowler, over a young carroll, he's got a better direction of where the goal is.
spiceboys2014
LFC Basic Member

Postby D___C » Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:41 am

spiceboys2014 » Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:47 pm wrote:id actually employ a 36 year old fowler, over a young carroll, he's got a better direction of where the goal is.

dont know why you said "actually".. implying its some major revelation.

Everyone would have 36 year old Robbie Fowler over Andy Carroll. If Luis Suarez pulls the ball back its a no brainer who we would take to be on the end of it.

Robbie doesnt have the movement of old (Carroll doesnt have any, nor any positional sense).. so in terms of mobility the 36 year old wouldnt be behind. Robbie destroys him in every other aspect of the game.
D___C

Postby Thommo's perm » Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:44 am

D___C » Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:41 am wrote:
spiceboys2014 » Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:47 pm wrote:id actually employ a 36 year old fowler, over a young carroll, he's got a better direction of where the goal is.

Everyone would have 36 year old Robbie Fowler over Andy Carroll. If Luis Suarez pulls the ball back its a no brainer who we would take to be on the end of it.

Robbie doesnt have the movement of old (Carroll doesnt have any, nor any positional sense).. so in terms of mobility the 36 year old wouldnt be behind. Robbie destroys him in every other aspect of the game.

Who is this "Everyone" you speak of?
:laugh:
Thommo's perm

Postby heimdall » Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:21 pm

Thommo's perm » Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:44 am wrote:
D___C » Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:41 am wrote:

Who is this "Everyone" you speak of?
:laugh:

well obviously not you or kenny, but most independent football commentators would probably consider it. Once you take those 1 inch thick rose tinted glasses off you might just realise that Carroll isn't quite the amazing striker that you think he is.
heimdall

Postby Thommo's perm » Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:29 pm

When did I say he was amazing?
Take your time with this one...
Thommo's perm

Postby parchpea » Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:04 pm

There was a moment at Newcastle today when he bulldozed through
shrugging off two defenders and clear on goal when I thought here
we go, the lads cracked it and then, amazingly, he dives over when
he could have shot at at empty net.

Talk about defalted, WTF was he doing there? It was unbelieveable.

I hope Dagger ripped into him for that like.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby heimdall » Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:09 pm

Thommo's perm » Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:29 am wrote:When did I say he was amazing?
Take your time with this one...

Well you don't agree that he is a terrible striker and that's about the same thing. He is without doubt the worst striker I've ever seen in a Liverpool shirt yet the same blinkered fools who support the Liverpool way and kenny blindly back our worst signing of all time.
heimdall

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:16 pm

parchpea » Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:04 pm wrote:There was a moment at Newcastle today when he bulldozed through
shrugging off two defenders and clear on goal when I thought here
we go, the lads cracked it and then, amazingly, he dives over when
he could have shot at at empty net.

Talk about defalted, WTF was he doing there? It was unbelieveable.

I hope Dagger ripped into him for that like.

he`s not the only player ever to try and milk a penalty out of an on-rushing keeper, the keeper was just smart and put the brakes on thats all (or wary of being sent off so early in the game)
i thought carroll had a decent first half but he did tire in the second, his reaction to being subbed was understandable considering the stick he was getting from his home town fans plus he did put a bit of a shift in and as he was walking off he was probably thinking to himself there are players walking around the pitch in red shirts who have hardly broken into a sweat but i`m the one coming off?
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Premiership - General Discussion