2018/19 other scores (significant or not)

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby kazza » Tue May 07, 2019 11:15 pm

Beating Barcelona tonight might play on the minds of the City players, we will not go away! I am sure all those City players were watching tonight throughly p1ssed off that they are not in the CL and blown away by Liverpool’s determination and unwillingness to accept defeat. They will have to earn it, will doubt creep in? Brighton on the other hand will play for fun in front of their fans with no pressure. The Brighton players will have their families at the stadium and everyone is writing them off, could happen!
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Wed May 08, 2019 1:31 am

Their fans are sulking like crazy looking at it as a huge opportunity missed. :D
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Franky000 » Wed May 08, 2019 2:26 am

kazza » Tue May 07, 2019 10:15 pm wrote:Brighton on the other hand will play for fun in front of their fans with no pressure. The Brighton players will have their families at the stadium and everyone is writing them off, could happen!

Yep, and with the world watching they will want to put on a good show as well, going down as the infamous team who pooped on pep’s parade :p
Franky000

Postby ethanr » Thu May 09, 2019 4:02 am

City will be fuming with the fact that us and spurs are in the final of the trophy they really wanted to win. For some reason I feel like this is going to negatively affect them.
The pressure has been building on them, and the results are showing that. There is so much expectation for them to breeze past this game, I can see it getting to them. As Kazza said, Brighton will have no pressure and will probably enjoy playing the underdog giant killers. The reality is that the summer transfer window is coming up and as it turns out they're playing in one of the two biggest PL games of the year. A lot of eyes are watching, and no doubt some of those players will take that as an opportunity to show their ability.
I hope we're not thinking about city tho. Wolves are a really good team who'd probably be fighting for a champions league place in any other league this year, so they're not to be overlooked. They've already qualified for Europe, so hopefully they're content, but we have to assume they aren't. It's the same opportunity for some of those players to be picked up by big clubs this offseason.
No matter what we have to appreciate how fantastic this season has been.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu May 09, 2019 8:02 pm

I can't see Brighton holding out, I watched the Burnley and Leicester games and both sides did put up a spirited fight (both got to HT at 0-0 which is no mean feat given the amount of early goals City score) but as the clock ticked down City's pressure just became relentless, it was just wave after wave of attack. Hope I'm wrong but I'll be surprised if Brighton can withstand City throwing the kitchen sink at them which they surely will with the title on the line.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Thu May 09, 2019 10:49 pm

Well done to all EPL teams all 4 will play in 2 finals.

EPL dominating Europe this season.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Sat May 11, 2019 2:46 pm

At last Warnock says something I can agree with;

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foo ... 09306.html
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Sat May 11, 2019 8:56 pm

Can't stand that Warnock ku.nt
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby kazza » Sun May 12, 2019 12:47 pm

Cannot see City dropping points today and will just have to take it on the chin, will probably be a bitter pill that we will just have to swallow. To have come so close yet again after all that hard work... I cannot blame anything that happened this season as we were outstanding, we only lost once all season, pretty incredible!

Proud of the team whatever happens today.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon May 13, 2019 12:39 am

On the plus side, the Manure implosion seems immanent....  :laugh:
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Mon May 13, 2019 4:45 am

Very satisfying to see United implode and ultimately give the big 2 fingers to Ole. What a wonderful mess they're in. Carry on.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Mon May 13, 2019 7:19 am

Their happiness and "achievement" this season has been us not winning the title. Their obsession with us is crazy. How low the mighty have fallen :D.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby electrum » Mon May 13, 2019 8:56 pm

kazza » Sun May 12, 2019 12:47 pm wrote:Cannot see City dropping points today and will just have to take it on the chin, will probably be a bitter pill that we will just have to swallow. To have come so close yet again after all that hard work... I cannot blame anything that happened this season as we were outstanding, we only lost once all season, pretty incredible!

Proud of the team whatever happens today.

One lesson I hope that all the PL teams from the minnows to the "top 6" have learned from this season is that there is absolutely no point sitting back against City with 12 men and a double decker behind the ball- they are simply too good going forward.
The only time they seem to look vulnerable is when a team has a go at them.
It might seem barmy but against them the best form of defence seems to be attack. If you are sitting back and getting tonked 3,4 and 5 nil why not at least go down fighting ..it can't be much worse and if you keep the ball for a bit you might reduce their chances of scoring..  :eyebrow
electrum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Mon May 13, 2019 9:24 pm

I don't give a flyin' fook about the Filth. Let them be as bitter as they want and indulge in schadenfreude.
Unfortunately we weren't able to arrive that up their jacksies this year but we go again
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed May 15, 2019 9:12 pm

This Leeds v Derby play-off game is an absolute cracker.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Premiership - General Discussion