2021/22 other scores (significant or not)

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby Boocity » Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:58 pm

Everton getting whooped at home to Watford lol.
User avatar
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<
 
Posts: 4833
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2003 10:13 am
Location: Abu Dhabi

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:31 pm

Boocity » Sat Oct 23, 2021 3:58 pm wrote:Everton getting whooped at home to Watford lol.


Yeah bad result that, good job Rafa made a decent start and there are extenuating circumstances (i.e missing key players like Calvert-Lewin, Mina etc) because those are the types of results that get managers the sack.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member
 
Posts: 11768
Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:54 pm
Location: Liverpool

Postby Boocity » Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:12 pm

They were 2-1 up with 10 mins to go and lost 2-5. Total defensive capitulation.
User avatar
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<
 
Posts: 4833
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2003 10:13 am
Location: Abu Dhabi

Postby Boocity » Sat Oct 30, 2021 1:01 pm

I just looked at the BBC website and thought WTF until I saw the actual score  :laugh:
Image
User avatar
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<
 
Posts: 4833
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2003 10:13 am
Location: Abu Dhabi

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Oct 30, 2021 2:07 pm

:laugh:
Image

Image
User avatar
woof woof !
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 20919
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 9:22 am
Location: Here There and Everywhere

Postby Reg » Tue Nov 02, 2021 11:06 am

Lets see how long it takes before the Bitters start to stick the knife into Rafa...
User avatar
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<
 
Posts: 12988
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 12:24 am
Location: Singapore

Postby kazza » Wed Nov 03, 2021 5:23 am

Reg » Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:06 am wrote:Lets see how long it takes before the Bitters start to stick the knife into Rafa...

I am a bit conflicted about Rafa, I want him to do well but don’t want the bitters to do well. The quicker he moves to a different club the quicker I can hope he does well. Newcastle may be perfect for him as the fans loved him and now they seem to have come into some money   :glare: so he will finally have the project he wants and owners that will support him.
User avatar
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<
 
Posts: 5444
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2004 11:06 pm
Location: Spread thin

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Nov 03, 2021 5:12 pm

kazza » Wed Nov 03, 2021 4:23 am wrote:
Reg » Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:06 am wrote:Lets see how long it takes before the Bitters start to stick the knife into Rafa...

I am a bit conflicted about Rafa, I want him to do well but don’t want the bitters to do well. The quicker he moves to a different club the quicker I can hope he does well. Newcastle may be perfect for him as the fans loved him and now they seem to have come into some money   :glare: so he will finally have the project he wants and owners that will support him.


Unai Emery has reportedly turned Newcastle down so the Magpies may well try to tempt Rafa out of Goodison.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member
 
Posts: 11768
Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:54 pm
Location: Liverpool

Postby kazza » Sat Nov 06, 2021 5:33 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Nov 03, 2021 4:12 pm wrote:
kazza » Wed Nov 03, 2021 4:23 am wrote:
Reg » Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:06 am wrote:Lets see how long it takes before the Bitters start to stick the knife into Rafa...

I am a bit conflicted about Rafa, I want him to do well but don’t want the bitters to do well. The quicker he moves to a different club the quicker I can hope he does well. Newcastle may be perfect for him as the fans loved him and now they seem to have come into some money   :glare: so he will finally have the project he wants and owners that will support him.


Unai Emery has reportedly turned Newcastle down so the Magpies may well try to tempt Rafa out of Goodison.

Strange one that, why would he turn down that potential unless he saw something in the organization that he did not trust.
User avatar
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<
 
Posts: 5444
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2004 11:06 pm
Location: Spread thin

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Nov 11, 2021 3:45 pm

Gerrard the new Villa manager.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member
 
Posts: 11768
Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:54 pm
Location: Liverpool

Postby Reg » Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:47 pm

Good choice for the lad, a hard working club without unreasonable expectations. I wish him well. Glad he didn't go to the barcodes where they would have been baying for blood after 3 months.
User avatar
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<
 
Posts: 12988
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 12:24 am
Location: Singapore

Postby redshade » Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:54 pm

So ole sacked, shame didn't last loni, wonder who will take over.
redshade
LFC Guru Member
 
Posts: 5062
Joined: Thu May 21, 2015 5:07 pm

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:03 pm

redshade » Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:54 pm wrote:So ole sacked, shame didn't last loni, wonder who will take over.


Looks like Carrick is taking the reigns for the next couple of weeks until they find an interim manager who in turn will take them through to the summer. After that it's increasingly looking like Zidane.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member
 
Posts: 11768
Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:54 pm
Location: Liverpool

Postby Eagle » Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:16 pm

Well it was a good ride whilst it lasted. No matter how many players they bought they were never going to be a serious threat under Ole. They finished 2nd last year because Chelsea and ourselves massively underperformed in the league. A decent manager gets their squad into the top 4 and with a few targeted signings they'd be a threat for the league. Let's just hope they make another poor managerial appointment and their recruitment continues to falter.
User avatar
Eagle
 
Posts: 1371
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2003 3:51 pm

Postby redshade » Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:47 pm

It would be interesting to see how they will do under Poch or Zidane.
redshade
LFC Guru Member
 
Posts: 5062
Joined: Thu May 21, 2015 5:07 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Premiership - General Discussion

 


  • Related topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests