2018/19 other scores (significant or not)

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby Santa » Mon May 06, 2019 9:55 pm

To take City 14 consecutive wins to just beat us by a point after 38 games...they deserve it. Unfortunately we lost it when we drew Leicester and West Ham back in Jan
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon May 06, 2019 9:55 pm

Santa » Mon May 06, 2019 8:52 pm wrote:That's it 1-0 City...looks like that's that for the season...can't see Brighton take anything of City in the final game. We had a great run but congrats to City. Chin up guys, we will go again next season

Yep   :(

Even thought it doesn't feel like it, we've had a cracking season and everyone should be proud of how far we've come this year. Next year we'll only get better, while City get a transfer ban for cheating FFP rules
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Mon May 06, 2019 9:57 pm

People call us lucky but the gods have truly been looking down on City the last 2 games. I'm sure rival fans will be mocking us being empty handed in the trophy cabinet once again. I'm proud of this season, we've been brilliant.. The only downfall was giving City the advantage when we could have gone 10 points clear.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby fivecups » Mon May 06, 2019 10:02 pm

7_Kewell » Mon May 06, 2019 8:55 pm wrote:
Santa » Mon May 06, 2019 8:52 pm wrote:That's it 1-0 City...looks like that's that for the season...can't see Brighton take anything of City in the final game. We had a great run but congrats to City. Chin up guys, we will go again next season

Yep   :(

Even thought it doesn't feel like it, we've had a cracking season and everyone should be proud of how far we've come this year. Next year we'll only get better, while City get a transfer ban for cheating FFP rules

We've been amazing, hard to believe we'll probably get nothing out of the season now, cruel, but we shouldn't forget what an amazing season it's been.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Mon May 06, 2019 10:04 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Mon May 06, 2019 8:57 pm wrote:People call us lucky but the gods have truly been looking down on City the last 2 games. I'm sure rival fans will be mocking us being empty handed in the trophy cabinet once again. I'm proud of this season, we've been brilliant.. The only downfall was giving City the advantage when we could have gone 10 points clear.

Our blip was bigger than theirs, that's all there was in it. And a bit of luck.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon May 06, 2019 10:05 pm

Santa » Mon May 06, 2019 8:55 pm wrote:To take City 14 consecutive wins to just beat us by a point after 38 games...they deserve it. Unfortunately we lost it when we drew Leicester and West Ham back in Jan

When you get 90 odd points I don't think you can say we lost it anywhere, we are just up against a financially doped side who have been spending big for over a decade. Its tough to fight the power of money. Money is relentless.
Its been a magnificent effort by Jurgen and the lads, they've done the shirt, the club and the City proud and I really mean that.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby fivecups » Mon May 06, 2019 10:07 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon May 06, 2019 9:05 pm wrote:
Santa » Mon May 06, 2019 8:55 pm wrote:To take City 14 consecutive wins to just beat us by a point after 38 games...they deserve it. Unfortunately we lost it when we drew Leicester and West Ham back in Jan

When you get 90 odd points I don't think you can say we lost it anywhere, we are just up against a financially doped side who have been spending big for over a decade. Its tough to fight the power of money. Money is relentless.
Its been a magnificent effort by Jurgen and the lads, they've done the shirt, the club and the City proud and I really mean that.

Agree, everyone can hold their heads up high.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon May 06, 2019 10:10 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon May 06, 2019 9:05 pm wrote:

^^ This ^^   :buttrock  :buttrock
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Mon May 06, 2019 10:16 pm

Interesting comment on the Beeb. Had we pushed Manure when they lost a pile of players at the Theatre of Filth, would it have given us the advantage now?
That said, I agree with the comments about the financial muscle Citeh have. Look who they brought on from the bench all season. And that maggot Mahrez didn't even get on the pitch despite costing 60m.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby red till i die!! » Mon May 06, 2019 10:18 pm

Thought Leicester gave it a good go in the 1st half and got a bit defensive second which caused them problems.  Another thing is the ref and while he got the big decisions spot on his handling of the time added on was ridiculous. They were constantly time wasting and then Aguero shows total dissent by stopping to lower his socks after he was shoving the watch in his face. 5 subs as well and he adds 3 mins which they totally waste.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon May 06, 2019 10:24 pm

The Etihad is one of the toughest places to go in world footy but Leicester tried their hearts out, to the point where City needed a worldy to beat them.
Both Leicester and Newcastle have done the English game proud over the last few days, they had ***** all to play for but the pair of them gave it everything they had.
Last edited by ycsatbjywtbiastkamb on Mon May 06, 2019 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Mon May 06, 2019 10:24 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon May 06, 2019 10:05 pm wrote:

Yeah its been one hell of a season and as you said a magnificent effort.  We pretty much had them under serious pressure the entire season and they held up by a very slim margin.  :nod

Everyone should be proud of that  :nod
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Mon May 06, 2019 10:25 pm

red till i die!! » Mon May 06, 2019 9:18 pm wrote:Thought Leicester gave it a good go in the 1st half and got a bit defensive second which caused them problems.  Another thing is the ref and while he got the big decisions spot on his handling of the time added on was ridiculous. They were constantly time wasting and then Aguero shows total dissent by stopping to lower his socks after he was shoving the watch in his face. 5 subs as well and he adds 3 mins which they totally waste.

Saw that and thought he should have been booked. And Gundogan crawling to take a corner.
Maybe it's sour grapes on my part but it's an element of the game I hate, esp. with so much at stake. And it was obvious BR wanted the equaliser with the subs he made.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby red till i die!! » Mon May 06, 2019 10:29 pm

bunglemark2 » Mon May 06, 2019 10:25 pm wrote:
red till i die!! » Mon May 06, 2019 9:18 pm wrote:Thought Leicester gave it a good go in the 1st half and got a bit defensive second which caused them problems.  Another thing is the ref and while he got the big decisions spot on his handling of the time added on was ridiculous. They were constantly time wasting and then Aguero shows total dissent by stopping to lower his socks after he was shoving the watch in his face. 5 subs as well and he adds 3 mins which they totally waste.

Saw that and thought he should have been booked. And Gundogan crawling to take a corner.
Maybe it's sour grapes on my part but it's an element of the game I hate, esp. with so much at stake. And it was obvious BR wanted the equaliser with the subs he made.

I agree mate. Its not sour grapes either but a cheap element to the game that players can exploit.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Tue May 07, 2019 1:31 am

red till i die!! » Mon May 06, 2019 10:24 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon May 06, 2019 10:05 pm wrote:

Yeah its been one hell of a season and as you said a magnificent effort.  We pretty much had them under serious pressure the entire season and they held up by a very slim margin.  :nod

Everyone should be proud of that  :nod

Agree it has been a crazy effort to compete with those w*nkers from Manchester. When we lost advantage against Everton deep down i knew it that we screwed a good chance. Once we gave the rope back to City it became a tough task. We've done extremely well but so did they. Both teams have had there fair share of luck and decisions. In the end i guess it is them who deserve it.

Not living on hope anymore, Brighton won't do shyte.

I think we are cursed!!!
redshade
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Premiership - General Discussion