Injury crisis doesn't subside

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby mcmannyman » Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:53 pm

its true that injuries have been a huge problem, possibley because they have been acros the field, defensively and attacking
mcmannyman

Postby shawnk » Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:14 pm

stmichael wrote:Are Agger and Aurelio both on "pay as you play" deals? If not they should be. It's just unrealistic for either to have a sustained run of games. Good job the Greek is back from a ban this week.

I hope Leivapool are better employer than that... we would concede more if defenders are afraid of putting in a real challenge due to injury...
shawnk

Postby DrPepe » Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:52 pm

Scottbot wrote:
bavlondon wrote:
Owzat wrote:This "injury crisis", would that be where players this season have played about the same and some even more league games than they did this time last season? The longest absentee is Johnson, Gerrard has played only one less league game and Torres has played more than this stage of last season. Aurelio has almost always been an injury concern since the day he signed, and he's not ahead of Insua in the pecking order so this injury crisis may be a convenient excuse but it has more holes in it than our defence

The point is we lack strength in depth so a few injuries is all it took to expose us this season. You can drop the anti rant... it's boring.

It's not an anti-rant from me though mate, just a big spoonful of realism (that doesn't taste too good). Lets not pin our lack of depth solely at the doors of the owners, I know that's what a lot of posters like to do. Rafa has to take the majority of responsibility for the state of the squad for me. all of the replacement players who have been required to step up this season were bought (and trusted to do a job) by the manager.

the replacements from last season seem to be injured or missing, thats what the problem is imo  :D

alonso replacement = aquaman
arbeloa replacement = johnson
hyppia replacement = the big greek ...he's ok
keane replacement = ?

thus we are reliant on 2nd/3rd choice players in 3 important positions...
"If I put a player in another position, suddenly 20 experts are going on about it. Experts of what, though? I don't know." - Rafa
DrPepe
LFC Super Member

Postby NANNY RED » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:26 pm

Well we have just appointed this fella ,so hes hopingour injury crisis will be better next season, Supposed to be one of the best,

Liverpool FC announce appointment of leading Australian sports physician Peter Brukner
Mar 29 2010 By James Pearce

LIVERPOOL have announced the appointment of leading Australian sports physician Peter Brukner as head of sports medicine and sports science.

Dr Brukner, who is the current Australian football team doctor, will take up the full-time position after this summer’s World Cup in South Africa.

Managing director Christian Purslow said: "Dr Brukner is recognised across the globe as one of the leading figures in this field.

"He will play a vital, strategic, role in adding a new dimension to our sports medicine and sports science services."

Dr Brukner is the founding partner of Olympic Park Sports Medicine Centre in Melbourne, the largest sports medicine clinic in Australia.

He was instrumental in the development and recognition of sports medicine as a specialty in Australia, which culminated in the recent announcement of specialty status by the Minister for Health.

Formerly an Australian Football League (AFL) club doctor with Melbourne and Collingwood, Dr Brukner looked after various Australian national teams including swimming, athletics and hockey.

He has been Australian team doctor at Olympic and Commonwealth Games as well as numerous World Championships.

He is the co-author of the best selling sports medicine text book, Clinical Sports Medicine.

"The appointment is an indication of the high regard in which Australian sports medicine is held throughout the world", said Dr Brukner, who will spend the next month at Liverpool observing the set up before returning to Melbourne in May to help prepare the Socceroos for the World Cup.

"The prospect of working at one of the world’s great sporting clubs is very exciting and once the World Cup is over I will be devoting all my energies to improving the performance of the team."
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:57 pm

would love to say this is the end to our problems but untill blades are band and stronger boots are used it will carry on.

good bit on motd a few weeks ago, they said that today a players has 90% more chance of an Injury  than in 80/90 due to boots and the soft grass.

what we can hope is this guy gets them better faster.
Last edited by lakes10 on Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:16 pm

Martin Kelly out for the season..... knee injury :(
account deleted by request

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:55 am

I hope that fella' s good Nan because Kewell doesn't rate the medical staff we had when he was here :-

Liverpool stint could have ended Harry's run
SEBASTIAN HASSETT March 27, 2010

Harry Kewell has revealed he considered quitting football over the handling of his injuries by Liverpool's medical staff between 2003 and 2008. In an interview with the Good Weekend magazine, Kewell spoke of the depth of his frustration during a period in his career in which injuries relegated him to a bit-part player at Anfield.

''I came this close to quitting football,'' Kewell said from Istanbul, where he is playing for Galatasaray. ''Only my inner sanctum - my wife, [his agent] Bernie [Mandic] and another mate - know how close I came.''

Kewell's frustrations with Liverpool's medical staff came to a head prior to a Champions League match against Olympiakos Piraeus in 2005. An official asked Kewell about his fitness, to which he replied, ''To be honest, I couldn't kick the ball ten yards.''

The official responded by saying: ''Well, it's not going to get any worse.''
''I couldn't believe it,'' Kewell recalled. ''I just couldn't believe they'd play me in that condition. I got a penalty and it was all I could do to kick it to the nearest player. But what do you do? You have to pick yourself up and keep going.''

Mandic, who recently described Kewell's handling by Liverpool's medical staff as ''a disgrace'', told Good Weekend: ''People can say what they like about Harry Kewell. But no one can say that he is not a tough :censored: to come back from all that.''

Kewell confirmed his availability for this year's World Cup, but predicted a difficult passage for the Socceroos. ''Germany, Ghana and Serbia - any of these teams could virtually get into the semi-finals, let alone maybe win it,'' he said. ''So it's going to be very difficult for us.''

------------------------------

Kewell also said that he was FULLY FIT for the whole of his last season with us, but wasn't selected.
Last edited by account deleted by request on Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
account deleted by request

Postby bunglemark2 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:36 am

Well, I sure as fook hope that scumbag Rooney is out for weeks :p
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion