Are we  in crisis yet

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby bmnj » Tue Sep 30, 2003 2:50 pm

houllier  saying that  the arsenal game is make or break is       a worrying statement so early in the season but unfortunately it rings true, for example the everton game was a make or break but while we was lucky enough to win that game it wont be that easy against a team of arsenal quality and if we loose that game then we are all but out of the title race and its not even mid season yet.  If we dont beat arsenal then where do we go from there? the january transfer window may not be a case of just players being bought or sold but a case f houllier  being shown the anfield exit.
bmnj

Postby supersub » Tue Sep 30, 2003 8:55 pm

GH likes to use cliche's...win,lose or draw saturday means there is only 30 games to go and 90 points to play for.Make or break is hardly relevant so early in the season.
I'd ask GH if it's a defeat does he think he should resign;I'm quite sure he say the season is not over till the fat lady sings. :O
Last edited by supersub on Tue Sep 30, 2003 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby tommy » Thu Oct 02, 2003 12:30 pm

I am very worried. we are definetly in crisis. we lack any ideas going forward and look very unstable at the back. come january we need to buy a world class defender to play alongside henchoz (sammis not up to it anymore) I recomend Steve Foster from Doncaster Rovers. Saw him on Sky and he was unbelievable
tommy

Postby big al » Thu Oct 02, 2003 4:56 pm

Are we in crisis? Nope! Are we any good? Perhaps!  Are we going to win the premiership this year? ## ## ## ## ## ## aagh aagh  aagh  Im told the frog is very tasty but only if your in France.  Where was I there, Win the Title I think- ## ## ## ## ## aagh aagh aagh.  Crisis? No! Despair, Madness, Tearful, Ripping up programmes, Kicking the cat and the dog etc Yes.  Gh has a new training system apparently the players dribble in and out of wheelie bins.  Its true, sadly the wheelie bins usually win.  (Charlton f C)  Im not like you guys a die hard faithful fanatic. Since Gh took the old wonky ticker I have learned to expect the worsrt and hope for the best. Sadly I expect Arsenal to win 2 or 3 -1 at best 3 or 4 -0 at worst.  I hope however we fix them good and proper by bombarding Lauren down the left wing.
"Football Is the greatest democracy of all, That's providing your not Italian and pay the referee" Big al 2006
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby beeker » Thu Oct 02, 2003 10:04 pm

5 good players ,1 world class 5 liabilities~ the league my a#se
    i love poetry
crisis?not if u enjoy the eufa cup. teams used to s##t emselves walking out at anfield  . not anymore ,weve become nice and we need more curly perms
beeker

Postby bedlovedays » Fri Oct 03, 2003 9:35 am

Agreed all around, when did we become so soft?  We need to kick some *****!!!!   To make another hockey reference,,,,,did you ever see Team Canada play soft?  Ever single player on the team gives his heart, all he has to win every game.  The coach accepts no less.

Is this not a good lesson?

:angry:
bedlovedays

Postby supersub » Fri Oct 03, 2003 11:39 pm

I don't think this season,the title is beyond us,simply because there is nothing in the premier league that is way ahead of anyone else.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby mdzaina » Sat Oct 04, 2003 4:54 am

Don't push the alert button yet,Some times I'm wondering why is the liverpool eleven didn't emulates the MU eleven on their stage player where they make the EPL referee look like un idot stupid man.MU eleven are great actor they can influence the game outcome where by the opposition team can't even come to near them(MU player) the referee will offeence them?EPL referee are all baias to red devils.:angry:
mdzaina

Postby mdzaina » Sat Oct 04, 2003 5:02 am

tommy wrote:I am very worried. we are definetly in crisis. we lack any ideas going forward and look very unstable at the back. come january we need to buy a world class defender to play alongside henchoz (sammis not up to it anymore) I recomend Steve Foster from Doncaster Rovers. Saw him on Sky and he was unbelievable

Please thats not a typical Liverpool fan ,for what ever times will tell its only 7 games old,when the going getting tough the tough get going.Don't worry bad to worse we'll be finishing in the top four when 2003/4 session end or CHAMPION. :cool:
mdzaina

Postby raven5013 » Sat Oct 04, 2003 2:46 pm

liverpool losing to arsenal in anfield... the main problem should be owen...that guy is showing inzaghi skills(offside expertise)....he should be no longer in regular first team...even got harry kewell, it is not enough bcuz tat owen is selfish player....wat a predator goal....wat a funny joke.....GH should not always put him in the first team
raven5013

Postby thegreatone » Sat Oct 04, 2003 3:05 pm

Crisis? No. Nowhere near the crisis of Leeds that's for sure.
In trouble and fresh out of ideas and not enough class players? YES. Outside the first eleven I can't really see anyone coming in doing a good job for us. No Baros, whaddya do? Stick a big black potato up front beside Owen. Or play Heskey. I see no difference. With Murphy and Smicer injured, I can't see Gerrard Kewell Diao(!) and Le Tallec winning the midfield battle, even against olimpija ljublubidoop.
thegreatone

Postby thegreatone » Sat Oct 04, 2003 3:08 pm

just adding on..
I think we should've grabbed Joe Cole by the collar and dragged him into Anfield last season before Moneybags Chelski could steal him from West Ham at that sort of price. That would have solved some midfield problems.

Joe Cole and Stevie G is the England midfield of the future
thegreatone

Postby tommy » Mon Oct 06, 2003 11:59 am

TOP 4 IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH. we are LIVERPOOL for gods sake we were the greatest team to ever come out of England. but now our supporters are happy with top 4. NOT ME. anything less than champions will not do. and anyone who thinks otherwise should support the toffees
tommy

Postby thegreatone » Mon Oct 06, 2003 12:46 pm

or tranmere, m8  :D
thegreatone

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Mon Oct 06, 2003 4:45 pm

:( It is about time GH deliverd the "holy grail"[title] we are going backwards, how much more time does he want? how many more excuses must we put up with?.."I thought my team were unlucky, we deserved a draw!.."blah, blah, blah!!! I am sick of the same words comming from GHs mouth.he should stop defending some of these mediocre, average overpaid, passionless players! and weed out these underachievers.If GH does go then he should take [the "half time orange boy with him?,sammy Lee!] and I think thommo will have to think about his future? what is that joe corrigan still doing there?. We need a clean sweep!!! :laugh:
"THERE ARE TWO GREAT FOOTBALL TEAMS IN LIVERPOOL"
  LIVERPOOL..........................AND LIVERPOOL RESERVES!
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion