Porstmouth - Issued with winding up petition

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby Owzat » Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:11 am

woof woof ! wrote:
Owzat wrote:It's sad that we even lost to them, maybe if our season wasn't the skoda of all seasons then we'd be worried about losing three points not hoping that we'd effectively gaining them.

Thats true Owzat but whilst we are having the "Skoda of all seasons" anything that could help our acceleration would be welcomed.

Rodney Trotter suggested the only way their van would do 50mph is if you shoved it off a cliff!

woof woof ! wrote:If Portsmouth were unable to complete their fixtures and their results for the season so far were therefore declared null and void it would have a significant effect on our chances of finishing in the top four as some teams (significantly Man City) would have 6 points removed from their total whilst we would remain unaffected.

I think it was never likely to happen, the FA blocking all escape routes for pompey and forcing them down the road(s) that would mean they completed their fixtures. I don't know why pompey are so worried, they were down anyway and this way they can exploit the farce that is administration - didn't lids pay like 9p in the pound off their debts?!?!?
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Yossi_Benaloon » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:29 pm

Now that Pompey have gone into administration I dont understand why they get docked nine points as opposed to ten like other teams. Is it something to do with the fact that less games are played in the Premier League? I cant see that the Premier League would allow them to go insolvent and disappear completely.
Yossi_Benaloon

Postby Owzat » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:08 pm

I find it somewhat ironic the FA are so lax in their control of spending, ownership etc, but then panic bigtime when a club sends itself plummeting towards liquidation
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:41 am

It's a good thing we got Johnson otherwise we would never have got the Crouch money.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Premiership - General Discussion