Porstmouth - Issued with winding up petition

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby Greavesie » Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:51 pm

I'm gonna be gutted if they survive now. I don't think the league wants to shut them down to be honest so I'd be very surprised if they did wrap up next week. Anyway here's hoping. Gaining 6 points on them 2 would be a massive turn of events considering how our season's gone so far. Might just be the bit of 'luck' we need
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Redman in wales » Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:08 pm

aye... i reckon they'll survive. unfortunately. - [If they didn't the table would look like this....

Chelsea - 52 points
Man Utd - 50
Liverpool - 44
Arsenal - 43
Man City - 38

(though Arsenal and Utd would have a game in hand)

Makes interesting viewing!!

But I don't think it'll get to that.

---

Interestingly the only exert in the premier league rule book about what happens afterwards if they did cease to be :

C/.54 of the rule book (http://www.premierleague.com/staticFile ... 386,00.pdf) states:

"For the purposes of the League competition, the Board shall have power to determine how the
cancellation of a League Match caused by the suspension of one of the Clubs which should
have participated in it shall be treated."

which implies that nothing is done retrospectively but, all future results are then decided by the FA board, meaning they could just declare the opposing team who would have faced portsmouth on that day, 3 points.
Last edited by Redman in wales on Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:21 am

likewise, instead of 3 teams getting relagated I would expect only 2 to go down as the third team would have gone POP.

If I was the FA I would make them put a team out to honour the remaining games left even if it meant the players wouldn't get paid. I'd say to the pompey players no wages just pride to play for. I suspect most would say "fk off, Im gone, no pay no play" to which I'd make them field a team of sunday league players to make the squad up. A lot of good sunday league players would play for nowt if it meant playing against big premiership teams. Then at least everyone would benefit from some fab goal difference. Except Liverpool of course who would probably play out a defensive game, but beat them 1-0 thanks to a goal that comes off eggnogs left knee capwhile he wasn't looking. then rafa would talk about the kwality and the chances. :laugh:
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:39 am

I know i said i hate that bellman but i do feel sorry for him tbh is that fecking bell i hate more an them clothes he wears , me heart actualy goes out to him seriously he follows that club everywere , Thinking about this Portsmouth  last night and its scary , You have to wonder what role Rednapp played in all of this in the past tbh, I for one hope they survive, If something is not done seriously regarding our two we could be looking at a similar situation, an im terrified I just hope some good samaritan bales them out
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:42 am

???  you not bothered by the potentional 6 points deducted from Man.U and Ar4enal etc etc?
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:58 am

Lee J wrote: ???  you not bothered by the potentional 6 points deducted from Man.U and Ar4enal etc etc?

I really hope they do survive because I know quite a few Pompey fans and they are are a great bunch of guys and gals. Wishing bad things on someone or something else is fecking bad karma and is not cool, although it would be nice with the points boost but I can't see it happening to be honest.
heimdall

Postby Roger Red Hat » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:01 pm

how else would they sort it out? they cant just leave it as it stands? I'd take any chance to see manu drop 6 points, I'd do anything! fk 'em - ta-ra pompey, you've been a right laff.
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:04 pm

Lee J wrote: ???  you not bothered by the potentional 6 points deducted from Man.U and Ar4enal etc etc?

No Lee mate im not , an in all honesty i wouldnt want to be thrown back in the mix because of the situation, Can you imagine it we would never hear the end of it , I want us to finish in the top four on our own merits and not because of someone elses demise, i know it might sound wacko , mind you saying that if it was the bitters i would be dancing in the strret,
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:05 pm

NANNY RED wrote:
Lee J wrote:???  you not bothered by the potentional 6 points deducted from Man.U and Ar4enal etc etc?

No Lee mate im not , an in all honesty i wouldnt want to be thrown back in the mix because of the situation, Can you imagine it we would never hear the end of it , I want us to finish in the top four on our own merits and not because of someone elses demise, i know it might sound wacko , mind you saying that if it was the bitters i would be dancing in the strret,

Spot on Nanny, you see sometimes we do agree.  :D
heimdall

Postby Roger Red Hat » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:24 pm

yeah I see ya point nanny, fair enough.

I reckon they'll get away with it anyway, someone will come in and bail them out
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:24 pm

Redman in wales wrote:C/.54 of the rule book (http://www.premierleague.com/staticFile ... 386,00.pdf) states:

"For the purposes of the League competition, the Board shall have power to determine how the
cancellation of a League Match caused by the suspension of one of the Clubs which should
have participated in it shall be treated."

which implies that nothing is done retrospectively but, all future results are then decided by the FA board, meaning they could just declare the opposing team who would have faced portsmouth on that day, 3 points.

So like most FA rules they don't actually state FA (what happens if....................), they just make it up as they go along.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Naomi4Nemeth » Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:39 pm

Pompey ask to sell players
Ailing club keen to do business outside transfer window
Last updated: 18th February 2010   

Sky Sports News understands that Portsmouth have asked the Premier League if they can sell players outside the transfer window.

Pompey's crippling financial problems have been well documented this season and they handed over a statement of their affairs to the High Court on Wednesday.

Having survived a winding-up order last week, the South Coast club will return to court on 1st March to learn their fate.

At the original hearing the court heard that Portsmouth owed more than £11.5million in unpaid taxes with representatives from HMRC informing the court that Pompey are insolvent.

As well as looking for a new owner, it is understood that Portsmouth have now contacted the Premier League about the possibility of selling players outside the transfer window, which closed on February 1st.

They would like to cash in on some of their stars immediately and not wait until the summer in an effort to pay their bills.

Reports suggest Portsmouth would try to sell Algerian international Nadir Belhadj, midfielder Kevin-Prince Boateng and defender Marc Wilson.

Such an unprecedented idea would have to be approved by both the Premier League and Fifa.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11674_5957469,00.html
Last edited by Naomi4Nemeth on Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Naomi4Nemeth

Postby Redman in wales » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:54 pm

They'll go into administration tomorrow, have a few points knocked off, and have an outsider do their books etc, but they wont go into liquidation mid season. so no chance of teams being docked points in matches they won/draw against them
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:07 am

The will go into administration, I suspect the FA made as sure of that as they possibly could by refusing financial aid etc until they were sure they could fulfil their fixtures. We might gain three points on other teams for them going bust, but it would be much better if they just complete their fixtures. I bet current and ex-players have enough money they could bail out the club that made them the players they are - and rich - but I bet they won't.

I would like to know why pompey only face a nine point deduction when it is 10 in other leagues. It's sad that we even lost to them, maybe if our season wasn't the skoda of all seasons then we'd be worried about losing three points not hoping that we'd effectively gaining them.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:38 am

Owzat wrote:It's sad that we even lost to them, maybe if our season wasn't the skoda of all seasons then we'd be worried about losing three points not hoping that we'd effectively gaining them.

Thats true Owzat but whilst we are having the "Skoda of all seasons" anything that could help our acceleration would be welcomed.

If Portsmouth were unable to complete their fixtures and their results for the season so far were therefore declared null and void it would have a significant effect on our chances of finishing in the top four as some teams (significantly Man City) would have 6 points removed from their total whilst we would remain unaffected.
Last edited by woof woof ! on Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Premiership - General Discussion