Porstmouth - Issued with winding up petition

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby asd123 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:24 am

meaning that even though it may look as though his guy wasn’t winning, the fight was not yet over, the fight was still going.

queer as folk dvd for sale
asd123

Postby Yossi_Benaloon » Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:09 pm

They sold their best player in Kaboul and have not managed to bring in that many new faces over the transfer period unlike all the other teams battling near the bottom of the Premier League so it does look like Portsmouth certain for relegation. Got to be a terrible time for Portsmouth fans
Yossi_Benaloon

Postby Dundalk » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:28 pm

This season Portsmouth have had as many owners as Premier League wins
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dinger » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:17 pm

Looks like they have another new owner as of today. Hardly surprising, I don't see them going out of business.
Dinger

Postby tubby » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:06 pm

They are in court today over an unpaid tax. On fivelive they are saying they could be shut down very soon. The decision is expected at 11:30. Bear in mind if they did go under any points other teams got against them would be void meaning we would lose :censored: all and the mancs would lose 6 points!!!!!!
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:24 pm

is that true Bav?
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:33 pm

About the points docking? Yes its true im 99.99% sure mate. A decision should be coming out now. Arsenal wouldlose 6 too.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:39 pm

bavlondon wrote:About the points docking? Yes its true im 99.99% sure mate. A decision should be coming out now. Arsenal wouldlose 6 too.

And goal difference ?
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby tubby » Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:46 pm

Not sure about that mate but I assume the stats would be made to look like they never played so I guess in theory that would also mean goals too.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:09 pm

it's been adjourned for seven days.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:18 pm

why are they docking points from Arsenal too?
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Roger Red Hat » Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:25 pm

I really felt sorry them earlier. they might be completely shut down by next week. their players moaning about not been paid. FFS, they get paid enough surely missing 1 or 2 paydays isn't going to financially bankrupt the players? I would forsake a week or 2's wages if it meant my team and my job was safe.

And sol campbell is a bell end too for sueing them for unpaid image rights? who do you think you are you big ugly cnt?

this morning I was reading the reports on the situation an I really felt sorry for them. However, now I've just read that what Bav put I hope they sink. I can feel no.19 coming on chaps!! :D
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:39 pm

why would Arsenal lose 6 points and we gain 3? surely that's just reversing the results they've had this season i.e. treating us as having beat them and Arsenal having losing to them. Surely the points they've gained are just given back to the teams they gained them from and the GD and thats it?

ah ok just read the thread back, so just the points gained against them are void then?
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Redman in wales » Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:45 pm

that's bav's theory yes...

I like the sound of it I really do... but I've not read a single thing that backs it up in any paper/news outlet / bbc etc. If it were to happen, it could have a big influence on the table, both at the top and bottom, so if points really will be stripped off all clubs from games involving portsmouth, I'd expect someone to run with the story! - I've searched for ages, and can't find anything about it.
Last edited by Redman in wales on Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:49 pm

Greavesie wrote:ah ok just read the thread back, so just the points gained against them are void then?

Correct. So as Utd and Arsenal played and beat them twice both times they would both be stripped of 6 points. Same applies for goals as well I heard (5live).

RMIW I don't have it in black and white print to hand but im pretty sure all the radio stations wouldn't be saying the same thing if it was fabricated. Does sound good though, but I think they will survive. They have the 7 days now so id expect them to announce a new owner or investment within that time.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Premiership - General Discussion