Porstmouth - Issued with winding up petition

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby Dundalk » Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:17 pm

According to the BBC

Could this be the end for Pompey?
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:46 pm

It's been a long time coming really, they've been shrouded in financial isues for as long as I can remember. Good luck to them, I don't think it's the end just yet, but it's certainly not far off.

Relegation will kill them tho
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Number 9 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:50 pm

Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:32 pm

Number 9 wrote:Image

I hate him , whopper :laugh:
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:44 pm

:D , he's at every fecking game , think pompey give him free admissions
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:01 am

Toffeehater wrote: :D , he's at every fecking game , think pompey give him free admissions

Hes like our badgerman, hes a whopper an all
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:07 am

NANNY RED wrote:

Thats no way to talk about your hubby Nanny  :no

:D
account deleted by request

Postby NANNY RED » Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:24 am

s@int wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:

Thats no way to talk about your hubby Nanny  :no

:D

:laugh: if that was my husband i shoot the bas.tard to put him out of his misery :laugh:
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:45 am

A Premiership club going into administration wouldn't be the worst thing in the world, might make a few clubs and the FA etc take a long hard look at what is happening with finances and ownership. This was always like if reports of players going unpaid (twice) are correct, if they can't pay their staff then what else can't they pay.......................

They might well be down anyway, they'll be looking to avoid 10 points deductions etc but I expect they'll end up no worse off than their beloved neighbours Southtampon. Saints could push for a play-off place

6th Swindon P22 PTS 38 (GD +2)
13th Southampon P24 PTS 28 (GD +13)

But for their 10 point deduction saints would be in the play-offs behind Huddersfield in 5th only on GD. Obviously they still have 10 points to make up, and teams inbetween to pass first, but they're probably not nearly as doom and gloom as late last season when all staying up would have meant is they start this season without a 10 point deduction (as it would have been taken then to relegate them) Rules should be more pragmatic and based on games played IMHO, make the cut-off point game 36. If a team goes into administration before they enter the last 10 (league) games of the season, the points penalty applies there and then. If a team goes into administration within the last 10 games of the season, the points penalty applies the following season. That will minimise repeats of the silly leeds shenanigans and clubs trying to work it to their 'advantage' (or least disadvantage). Or perhaps it should simply be 10 points this season, 10 points next season and cover all the bases.

Funny how the top three sport stories on BBC homepage doesn't have this, nor the top stories on the BBC sports homepage. Only reference on the BBC football homepage is in Grant's claim pompey will survive and that factors in their current league position.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:09 pm

Can we get our three points back then please ? That's all i'm interested in.... :cool:
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Yossi_Benaloon » Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:23 am

It definitely seems like Portsmouth are doomed and there are reports they are going to put their entire squad up for sale - the only problem is who is going to want to buy them? They have a team full of loans and their own players are Championship-standard. Their chance of winning any games maybe wont get better soon as they have four first-team players away from the Premier League at the African Cup of Nations. I seriously think they could be the first Premier League team to go into administration and be ultimately wound up.
Yossi_Benaloon

Postby aCe' » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:33 pm

I'd take K.P.Boateng for the right price... I think we're also i for Piquionne (Lyon player on loan) or whatever his name is but i dont think he's anything special..
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:12 pm

Owzat wrote:A Premiership club going into administration wouldn't be the worst thing in the world, might make a few clubs and the FA etc take a long hard look at what is happening with finances and ownership. This was always like if reports of players going unpaid (twice) are correct, if they can't pay their staff then what else can't they pay.......................

They might well be down anyway, they'll be looking to avoid 10 points deductions etc but I expect they'll end up no worse off than their beloved neighbours Southtampon. Saints could push for a play-off place

6th Swindon P22 PTS 38 (GD +2)
13th Southampon P24 PTS 28 (GD +13)

But for their 10 point deduction saints would be in the play-offs behind Huddersfield in 5th only on GD. Obviously they still have 10 points to make up, and teams inbetween to pass first, but they're probably not nearly as doom and gloom as late last season when all staying up would have meant is they start this season without a 10 point deduction (as it would have been taken then to relegate them) Rules should be more pragmatic and based on games played IMHO, make the cut-off point game 36. If a team goes into administration before they enter the last 10 (league) games of the season, the points penalty applies there and then. If a team goes into administration within the last 10 games of the season, the points penalty applies the following season. That will minimise repeats of the silly leeds shenanigans and clubs trying to work it to their 'advantage' (or least disadvantage). Or perhaps it should simply be 10 points this season, 10 points next season and cover all the bases.

Funny how the top three sport stories on BBC homepage doesn't have this, nor the top stories on the BBC sports homepage. Only reference on the BBC football homepage is in Grant's claim pompey will survive and that factors in their current league position.

Agreed. If other clubs can budget correctly and stay financially afloat then I have no sympathy for the Portsmouth situation.

The only shame is that other than James they don't have any players worth buying.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Yossi_Benaloon » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:50 am

While it would be nice to sympathis with Portsmouth and their situation, this has to highlight how Premier League clubs need to keep to a financial model which they can sustain and not spend over their means. Therefore they would not end up in a situation like this. They dont have players which other clubs are going to scramble over to sign and the likelyhood is that teams will offer them bargain basement prices as they know Portsmouth are desperate for money. This Premier League football blog also reckons Coventry will knock them out of the FA Cup tonight, that means another revenue stream gone and it is doubtful they have the players to maintain Premier League status.
Yossi_Benaloon

Postby Owzat » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:43 pm

SouthCoastShankly wrote:The only shame is that other than James they don't have any players worth buying.

Yet reportedly they want £14m for Kaboul and noone bar possibly Redknapp (obvious links) wants James.

We should have cashed in and got Krancjar, probably/deffo should have gone for Defoe before spudz swooped. They've got a few decent players but seem to be a fair few loanees (although O'Hara is listed on wikipedia without an "on loan" status)
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Premiership - General Discussion