The 4th plinth - Support this lfc fan

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Dalglish » Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:34 am

Hi Guys,

Dalglish here asking for any support you might be able to give to a fellow Red (Mark Dixon) who has successfully applied to be on the 4th plinth in Trafalger Square and has chosen to highlight the campaign for justice for the 96 and their families.

Many of you will also be aware that September 29th isthe anniversary of Bill Shankly's death so he is using some of his alloted hour to commemerate this too.

Below are more details from, Mark himself on what he is intending so please support this by either watching online or if your in Trafalger Square on Tuesday 29th between 5-6PM then show your support.

Thank you in advance for any support you might be able to give.

Dalglish :)

I applied for a place on The Fourth Plinth, as part of an Arts project called One & Other (By Anthony Gormley)

You can see a bit more detail of what it is about, by following the link

www.oneandother.co.uk

Members of the public apply to be involved, and successful applicants get to stand on the Fourth Plinth (8 metres high) in Trafalgar square for one hour. Once up there you can do what you want, within certain guidelines. The project is running for four months, each hour being taken up by a different applicant. All content is streamed live on the website, and SkyArts channel is covering the event. In addition each applicant is interviewed before their slot, and local press are picking up articles.

My application was successfuI and I have now been allocated a slot.

My slot is on     TUESDAY 29TH SEPTEMBER AT 17:00

I will use my hour to continue to raise awareness of the campaign for Justice for the 96 supporters who died at Hillsborough 20 years ago, and to raise funds for the organisations that continue to campaign for Justice. I will also commemorate Bill Shankly as 29th Sept is the anniversary of his death.

All money raised will be distributed evenly between the Hillsborough Justice Campaign, the Hillsborough Families Support Group, and Hope for Hillsborough.

As discussed please could you see if any of your contacts on the forum have any Justice banners that they would be willing to lend me? I have had a small banner made, but think that if I can get hold of a few others, it will make for a more visual experience.

If anyone wants to get in touch for more info, or to offer the loan of a banner, best to use my home eMail – [email]mxdcolormatrix@hotmail.com.[/email]

Cheers for your help.

Mark
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:56 pm

Ill head down to Traf Square for sure. :)

Thanks for posting mate.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Yossi_Benaloon » Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:27 pm

Any pics or anything from the event that could be posted up?
Yossi_Benaloon

Postby NANNY RED » Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:32 am

This girl was on there this mornin Well in love, had me in tears

http://www.oneandother.co.uk/participants/Burnse

Mods this should keep getting Bumped all the time , it should be kept at the top of the list, sorry for puttin me nose in like, but thats how i feel.
Last edited by NANNY RED on Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:44 am

Sorry but a big BUMP :bump
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion