Pope is a red - So why isn't god on our side?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Owzat » Thu Nov 27, 2003 2:34 pm

Pope supports Liverpool

Struggling Liverpool have been boosted by news of a new celebrity fan - the Pope.

The club have been seeking divine inspiration following an indifferent start to the season, and now it looks like they might have got it.

The revelation was discovered by Liverpool goalkeeper Jerzy Dudek, when he was invited to the Vatican to meet Pope John Paul II, a fellow Pole.

Apparently his Holiness likes nothing better than cheering on the Reds whenever they are on the box.

Dudek told the Liverpool website: "I spoke to a couple of guys who are very close to the Pope and they told me that he is always watching our games and that he is always thinking of me when Liverpool play.

"I was very surprised by this. They seemed to know everything about football, about me and about Liverpool."

The Pope, real name Karol Wojtyla, was a goalkeeper in his younger days and invited Dudek over before the Italy-Poland game.

"It was a very emotional moment for me. He was a very keen sportsman in his younger days and when he played football he played in goal, so I suppose we have something in common," Dudek explained.

The keeper has recently lost his place between the sticks to Chris Kirkland, but ask him if he expects to win it back and you'll get only one answer....

Is the Pope a Catholic?

Pope is a Liverpool fan
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby greenred » Thu Nov 27, 2003 2:48 pm

the pope must have missed the recent liverpool-man ure game as dudek was in need of some divine inspiration for that second goal.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Fri Nov 28, 2003 1:07 am

When John Paul II shuffles of his mortal coil,will he be replaced by George Ringo II.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion