Bright side

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby A.B. » Sun Nov 07, 2004 12:33 am

It was great when we beat Deportivo at their own ground but then we lose and its all doom and gloom. We have things to look forward to, we need to walk on with our heads held high. No time for this negative atmosphere.

It was rather disapointing to see us lose at home against the likes of a side that have not won an away game since last December. But all good things come to an end eventually and today that was our 100% record. We controlled the game but because it was not our day we couldn't get the ball into the back of the net.

Most of the players worked extremely hard and did not deserve to lose but Kewell,Josemi today were too damn disapointing. How many chances will Kewell get to reedem himself? He is putting no effort into the game at all, and he needs to be replaced ASAP.

Josemi looked very solid at the begining of this season but lately he has lost his cool too many times and let players outrun him too easily. I like the fact that he is aggressive but he needs to control it as we can not afford suspensions.

Luis Garcia is a bright talented player. Some of his goals so far have been briliant but today he was rather poor. He had so many chances to score but he was just too unfortunate today. I am not going to slag Garcia off  because I believe it was rather one of his bad days however he is expected to score when he gets the chances he got today.

The rest did their job for the most part. They created chances,controlled the game but just couldn't score. I believe that Benitez will change that.

Pongolle and Mellor are both unexperienced young players who can not possibly score the goals for us every week. We had so many people critisizing Baros but you must give the credit where its due, he has been working 110% on the pitch every game. Yes he has a bad habbit of playing with his head down and not passing but other than that he's a good player. 7 goals already, not so bad. If he had played today I believe it would had been a different game. [He will be fit by next week according to LFC.tv]

You must look at the fact that we have been playing well so far without our key player Steven Gerrard. It was said that we would come crashing down without our skipper but that hasn't happened. It shows that our game is not revolved around Gerrard.

Look at the improvement we've made since last season. Huge huge improvement. If had somebody told me last year that Biscan and Traore would look solid in a game I would had said that they were crazy. Benitez is great manager, his record at Valencia has proven that. He can take players such as Biscan and make something out of that. He has done that at Valencia, he had too because Valencia had no money. Look what happened in two years. They were champions of Spain with Benitez within two years. That's impressive, especilly when you are better than Barca and Real Madrid.

Benitez can do the same here. He has already made an impact on this club. Both Xabi Alonso and Garcia have been impressive so far. We have yet to see what Nunez can do and by what Rafa has said this kid has some talent.

Often it is said that Nunez may be poor because he played for the Madrid reserves more than he has started but how can a young player get played when you have Roberto Carlos,Zidane and many other "galacticos" on the squad? You can't expect the kid to be played on that kind of team. Even Michael Owen has been having a hard time starting.

Nunez will change our midfield as instead of seeing lazy Kewell on the field we will see Antonio Nunez. Which really will make our midfield even stronger imo.

Along with Nunez, Stevie G will return as well. It feels as if he got injured yesterday and I admire that he has worked really hard to recover quickly. Just shows how much he loves this club and I doubt that he will leave anytime soon. He wants to return by next week but if not he is guranteed to play against Boro.

Benitez said that he would buy a striker in January, he hasn't let us down now and I trust he will do what he has promised.

Crystal Palace are next and suprisingly they've been playing good lately. A draw with Arsenal will boost their confidence but we need to show that Anfield is indeed a f..u..c..k..ing fortress.
Last edited by A.B. on Sun Nov 07, 2004 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion