The bright side. - Its there if you look.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby LFC #1 » Sun Dec 12, 2004 12:48 am

jonnymac1979 wrote:12 points behind Everton isn't the end of the world.  It's still December, the season is far from over. 

A bit of optimism please people.  Yeah, it's been a bad day, but it's a small setback.  4 out of the next 5 games are at Anfield.  I've got a good feeling about it.

i know that jonny, but we are going to have to play well to get in front of them cos they continue to get the results, we have been aplying well of late, and hoepfullt this small setback doesn't affedt morale in the team, a win agiant Pompey on tuesday will have us back on track somewhat.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Sun Dec 12, 2004 1:00 am

I don't follow Everton at all to be fair, so correct me if I'm wrong, but if they play to that tempo every week, they are going to have to be VERY fit and very lucky with injuries, suspensions etc... to stay up there in the European places.  As far as I know, they don't have all that much depth in their squad but it looks like they've given themselves a platform to build on. 

I still see them finishing 7th or 8th.  They've had their day out now, we'll have forgotten about this long before they have.  They won one of their cup finals this year.  It's a blip for us, I'll have forgotten about it in a day or two.  We have Baros and Garcia to come back, plus any reinforcements we make in January which is only three or four games away in terms of season time.

Like the words at the top say - look on the bright side. :)
jonnymac1979

Postby A.B. » Sun Dec 12, 2004 2:26 am

kenco wrote:we were beaten by a poor side, it's happened far to often this season. it's no use making any more excuses, we are not good enough by along way to challange average teams and talk of us challenging for the championship are a joke. no wonder gerrard want's out, you can't really blame him!!!!!!!!!!! :angry:

I strongly disagree.

Steven Wonder had his chance to leave in the summer. Chelsea offered him 30 plus million, he could had taken it and left and become the Blue pr!ck's hero. He signed a contract and we were all delighted but why sign a contract then give a club an ultimatum months later?

I hope that Gerrard has any brains because it seems to me that he actually thought Rafa would win all major trophies in his first year, if that's the case then he must be out of his mind. It will take more time for Rafa to get the squad where he wants them. If he wants to see Liverpool in all it's glory then he should stay if not then he can leave. He's a great footballer, great leader but who does he think he is? How could he give this club an ultimatum?

For now he should be quiet and do what he does best which is play superbly on the pitch. This drama is getting tiredsome.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby laza » Sun Dec 12, 2004 2:38 am

Fair enough points and credit to Everton looks like selling a world class player for a packet is paying them some dividends though im not real convinced they can maintain it over season.
Said it before said again this was always going to be a rebuilding season and there was always going to be more pain then gain.
Pleased to see Harry starting to improve though im scratching my head about Diao in the team but i guess Alonso needs to be feathered in with pace and hardness of EPL and rotation is needed.
Kirkland big worry for me, after a lay off with injury was always going to be scratchy for form though he really is looking like  he is developing  a confidence problem, hopefully can pull it around.
Josemi is a 2 million pound squad player and is probably only copping more flak because he started so bright and above his station
Those who expected Rafa to wave a magic wand and for us to be championship contenders probably arent going to be happy for a while but future still bright and is certainly looking better then it was at end of last  season
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sun Dec 12, 2004 6:20 am

chiggz_likes_owen wrote:pretty disappointing but the bottom line is that we need a proven striker, we have to forget Cisse now. I'm not taking anything from them but if we have Mellor and Pongolle playing every game, we will not score enough in some games and that means we will loose some games. If we had Baros and Cisse we would have won. We need a striker, a decent centreback and few replacements. Hopefully our second half of the season will be a far more better for us. I think that Josemi should be a bench player for us.

Ponggole might have done better if he was playing up front. When playing on the flanks he is not 1/2 the player he is (seeing how short he is in the 1st place  :p ).

It is quiet evident that we need a couple of wingers if we wanna play 4-5-1 formation. See what happens in jan.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sun Dec 12, 2004 6:39 am

laza wrote:Fair enough points and credit to Everton looks like selling a world class player for a packet is paying them some dividends though im not real convinced they can maintain it over season.

blue sh** are a midtable club. If gravason is their best player....you can guess what a SH1TTY club they are. They are now celebrating as if they have won the champions league. Beating us is the closet they will come to champions league football.

portsmouth beat the scums. that doesn't mean that they are better than them.

lets forget about this blue sh** defeat. Its done & dusted. Lets not question rafa. Lets judge him after jan (once he buys in more players.)
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby whelston23 » Sun Dec 12, 2004 7:10 am

gerrard! if u realli love liverpool, don't give pressure to the team ,commit your future in the team...
whelston23

Postby iscah » Sun Dec 12, 2004 10:50 am

I reckon we deserved to win today

Corners were won 7-2 by Liverpool
Shots at goal were 16-6 to Liverpool
Shots on target were 6-1 to Liverpool

As much as we were a bit flat and the game was tight, Liverpool clearly were the better side and were stiff not to win never mind not even draw. These things have to even up one day. If sides keep producing those sorts of figures they are going to win enough games.

Cheers
Steven O'Neil
Perth
iscah

Postby Redrider » Sun Dec 12, 2004 2:07 pm

laza wrote:Fair enough points and credit to Everton looks like selling a world class player for a packet is paying them some dividends though im not real convinced they can maintain it over season.
Said it before said again this was always going to be a rebuilding season and there was always going to be more pain then gain.
Pleased to see Harry starting to improve though im scratching my head about Diao in the team but i guess Alonso needs to be feathered in with pace and hardness of EPL and rotation is needed.
Kirkland big worry for me, after a lay off with injury was always going to be scratchy for form though he really is looking like  he is developing  a confidence problem, hopefully can pull it around.
Josemi is a 2 million pound squad player and is probably only copping more flak because he started so bright and above his station
Those who expected Rafa to wave a magic wand and for us to be championship contenders probably arent going to be happy for a while but future still bright and is certainly looking better then it was at end of last  season

Good succinct summary of the current situation. To which I could only add that Steven Gerrad is creating unecessary pressure for the whole club with his press statements, which are maybe honest expressions of his feelings, but they are misguided in their content.
Rafa, can improve the results, but he will need some immediate Financial backing, to bring in his desired replacements, I think he has tested the full strength of what is available within the club and found the shelves to be stocked with a tad' too many players who are past their sell-by date and others not quite up to the mark.
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion