Hairs on the back of yeh neck time - Give the boss an oscar

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby we all dream... » Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:32 am

in the shorts? No...
we all dream...
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby thegreedo » Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:03 am

Went to see the play on Friday night, fantastic! I was lucky enough to go to istanbul as well and the show really brought back some great memories. They have a screen at either side of the stage that shows footage of the game at different intervals throughout the performance. We weren't lucky enough to get an appearence from the Gaffer, Sammy, Stevie and Jamie but we had the next best thing.
I live in Surrey now but I still go the game with my old mates from boot hill, I didn't realise until we got to the Empire on Friday night that an old friend of ours was one of the people responsible for producing the play, he said he would have a surprise for us. At the end of the show the cast were taking their bows and a door at the back of the set opened up and out walked four of me mates (who I hadn't even noticed get out there seats) holding European cups, just as I recovered from the shock of that Thommo walked out with the fifth! What a night! What memories!

"BIGGER??.... I'M NOT 'AVIN' THAT!.... TELL ME WHO'S BIGGER THAN LIVERPOOL???" - Jamie Carragher.

Drummer, gone but never forgotten!
thegreedo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:33 am

to be technical about the subtitle of the thread. Oscars go to achievements in film.  "the Tonys" are the stage equivalent.
JoeTerp

Postby NANNY RED » Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:54 am

thegreedo wrote:Went to see the play on Friday night, fantastic! I was lucky enough to go to istanbul as well and the show really brought back some great memories. They have a screen at either side of the stage that shows footage of the game at different intervals throughout the performance. We weren't lucky enough to get an appearence from the Gaffer, Sammy, Stevie and Jamie but we had the next best thing.
I live in Surrey now but I still go the game with my old mates from boot hill, I didn't realise until we got to the Empire on Friday night that an old friend of ours was one of the people responsible for producing the play, he said he would have a surprise for us. At the end of the show the cast were taking their bows and a door at the back of the set opened up and out walked four of me mates (who I hadn't even noticed get out there seats) holding European cups, just as I recovered from the shock of that Thommo walked out with the fifth! What a night! What memories!

Dead Jealous , it must have been a great night , even just watching the little clip had me singin,
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:19 pm

Going to the Empire tonight...
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby redhayesy » Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:50 pm

NANNY RED wrote:If anyone is gaggin at the mo like i am this is fecking great,Ive been singin the song all mornin lol

Steven Gerrard relives Champions League glory with One Night In Istanbul at Liverpool theatre -

pictures  By Ann Gripper, Mirror.co.uk 10/07/2009

Steven Gerrard swapped centre midfield for centre stage last night at Liverpool's Empire Theatre.

The Liverpool skipper was there to see the opening night of One Night In Istanbul, a play which follows four fans on the Reds' Champions League glory night four years ago.

Gerrard sat in the stalls alongside Jamie Carragher, Sammy Lee (also pictured above) and manager Rafa Benitez before the quarted walked onto the stage in the final moments each carrying a European Cup and dancing in the closing celebrations.

Carragher got in the swing of things too, singing along, while Benitez stuck with clapping. 

The guest 'actors' all wore Justice armbands - in memory of the 96 fans who died at Hillsborough.

Last night it was only a prop version of the famous European trophy with the 'big ears' - Benitez and his squad will be hoping they can get close to the real thing again next season and have another Champions League glory night for real.

SING ALONG NOW LOL
http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N164994090710-1234.htm 

thanks for that nanny, love the fact youv'e been singing the song aswell!  :D  i 'm singing it at work whenever possible either in me head or out loud when required. i still to this day watch the final(highlights) on video at least once a week! aswell as other famous moments in our clubs history etc. LFC TV is just an amazing education facility to have that it's part of my daily diet!  :D .

i'm so glad that i have LFC TV as part of my setanta package,it's the only thing that keeps me going untill the season starts up again.

like the cast say about the play- everyone remembers where they were the night of istanbul, it's defo a JK moment -for me i was even more my usual self, full of hope but tence, full of adrenalene,excitement but also pre-match routine. i watched the game at home as i couldn't stomach watching the game in the pub as too much interference from neutrals,clueless idiots would of made it impossible for me, it would as it has done in the past made my blood boil. an i wasn't going to risk that on this occasion & haven't risked it since.

i was at home everything pre-pared the ale chilled to perfection,wearing my white away shirt from the 80's & my son with his home shirt on, (which i changed into my home shirt of the 60's! at half time. don't ask me why-again it of been the superstition getting the better of me.)the wife went to he bessy mates house with me daughter as they both agreed it was the best thing to do as that's been the plan for many a cup final in the past etc,so i surpose superstition kicked in for us. but probably more of a case that at the time emotions ran riot with me.so at the time it was the  right thing to do, as i wanted to watch the game with me son no-one else. we created an atmosphere between ourselves that night,no pub would ever match for me, i sincerley mean that! we sang all night! yep at 11 he knew the words alright. we jumped up an down through the game. i tell you though at 2-0 down i wastrying to keep my spirits high, let alone my son's! i was just hoping we went in at half time with that- then just as i'm about to discuss this with my son 3-0. my son was so deflated asfor me words couldn't describe it at the time, very mixed emotions cause we should of had a pen just before their third goal etc.

as deflated as we both were, my son stayed focused on the game, second half i'm so glad he did cause as they asy the rest is history. what a magic few moments changes the score line,but our belief stayed intact. that is what makes supporting LFC seperate from all other clubs.

people say to me to this day, don't you wish you'd watched the game in the pub with all that went on, the atmosphere etc...

my answer to this day an will always be that i wouldn't have wanted it any other way- singing with me son experiencing all the emotions you could ever go through at that moment in my your/my life, that it will stay with me forever an to have me son at the time just 11 years old has given him more life education during that match than words can say.  i remember saying to him the next day after it had sunken in that every time you feel defeated in lessons at school during exams whatever always remember istanbul! nothing is impossible!

i'm very proud to say that somthing connected with istanbul for my son cause at the age of 15 he is exceeding at senior school, has been awarded with his hard work senior pre-fect, awarded top student in ICT. if anyone remembers the topic i started about our tour of anfield & museum which my son made an put the music to aswell will know what i mean. the feedback he got from this forum was a credit to him! so i say to this day istanbul had so many an still has an ongiong legacy for me & my family aswell. it wasn't just a football game it,was a lesson in life we should all be proud of forever.
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion