Mr benitez - the boss - Time to get behind him

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby JohnBull » Sun Jun 27, 2004 4:26 pm

As someone who wanted O'Neil and never even thought of another overseas manager, I have done a full 180 degrees and I now feel happier with the appointment of MR Benitez than ever.
Who stays and who goes doesn't really bother me because I really think that this is the right man at the right time and he will make the team with whatever players are available.

Let's start calling him MR Benitez or THE BOSS from now on.
JohnBull
JohnBull
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sun Jun 27, 2004 6:35 pm

Nar, call him Rafa. :)

I agree tho, right man at the right time.

I think next season we would have improved ALOT under Houllier but i can't honestly say i was sure we'd win the league with him.

Lets give Benitez the time he needs to see if he can put us back on track as unfortunately the last two years we did fall off the rails and stagnated badly.
115-1073096938

Postby greenred » Sun Jun 27, 2004 6:48 pm

I wasnt happy with his appointment but thats all water under the bridge now.Benitez is the boss now and im with him 100%.
Attachments

[The extension has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Sun Jun 27, 2004 6:54 pm

nice said, greenred
walk on
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby begintoend » Wed Jun 30, 2004 9:19 am

I hate it... Didn't they have Ranieri...

-Valencia have confirmed they are to sue former boss Rafael Benitez after he walked out on the Spanish champions for Liverpool.
-Benitez still had a year remaining on his contract when he opted to join the Merseysiders and Valencia, who appointed Claudio Ranieri as his successor, are now seeking compensation.

-Manuel Llorente, the club's general director, told PA International: 'Valencia's administration council have  agreed to issue a lawsuit against Rafael Benitez for damages after he failed to honour the one year he had left on his contract.

'Valencia want to defend the rights of the club and this is why this decision has been taken.'

Benitez is thought to be surprised by Valencia's actions, believing his achievements at the Mestalla - he also led the club to the UEFA Cup last season and the Primera Liga title in 2002 - would grant him an unrestricted exit.
Read more from :
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/headlinenews?id=304253&cc=4716

Hope this will not disrupt any of his team building plans.
begintoend
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Wed Jun 30, 2004 11:15 am

Yea I was an O'Neil man as well, but Im happy to accept Rafa as our manager. We're a club in transition at the moment and so far all the changes have been positive. With 2 quality signings when the transfer market opens along with Cisse we should all be looking forward to next season.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion