Hairs on the back of yeh neck time - Give the boss an oscar

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby NANNY RED » Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:00 pm

If anyone is gaggin at the mo like i am this is fecking great,Ive been singin the song all mornin lol

Steven Gerrard relives Champions League glory with One Night In Istanbul at Liverpool theatre -

pictures  By Ann Gripper, Mirror.co.uk 10/07/2009

Steven Gerrard swapped centre midfield for centre stage last night at Liverpool's Empire Theatre.

The Liverpool skipper was there to see the opening night of One Night In Istanbul, a play which follows four fans on the Reds' Champions League glory night four years ago.

Gerrard sat in the stalls alongside Jamie Carragher, Sammy Lee (also pictured above) and manager Rafa Benitez before the quarted walked onto the stage in the final moments each carrying a European Cup and dancing in the closing celebrations.

Carragher got in the swing of things too, singing along, while Benitez stuck with clapping. 

The guest 'actors' all wore Justice armbands - in memory of the 96 fans who died at Hillsborough.

Last night it was only a prop version of the famous European trophy with the 'big ears' - Benitez and his squad will be hoping they can get close to the real thing again next season and have another Champions League glory night for real.

SING ALONG NOW LOL
http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N164994090710-1234.htm 
Last edited by NANNY RED on Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:25 pm

What a night that was. I have the entire match on my phone so I can watch it whenever I want. Thommo going mad in the studio. :laugh:
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby roberto green » Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:36 pm

WHEN IS IT NEXT ON THE LIVERPOOL F.C CHANNEL?
roberto green

Postby tubby » Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:49 pm

I DONT KNOW BUT YOU CAN DOWNLOAD IT
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby roberto green » Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:50 pm

bavlondon wrote:I DONT KNOW BUT YOU CAN DOWNLOAD IT

thanks
:kungfu:
roberto green

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Jul 12, 2009 3:51 pm

NANNY RED wrote:If anyone is gaggin at the mo like i am this is fecking great,Ive been singin the song all mornin lol

:laugh: , Nice Nan but I'm laughin' at the choice of song, reminded me of my hippy daze, had to dig out     the original    :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby NANNY RED » Sun Jul 12, 2009 3:59 pm

Im actualy so so gutted i cant go an see it ,.

An woof we sing it better lol

REVIEW: ONE NIGHT IN ISTANBUL
Jimmy Rice 12 July 2009 
  One of the most dramatic nights in sporting history has been immortalised in a new play - and the results are spectacular. 
One Night in Istanbul is already being labelled the biggest selling Scouse production ever at Liverpool's Empire Theatre, where it runs from July 9-18.

The stars of the show are Tommy (comedian John Bishop) and Gerry (John McArdle of Brookside fame), two middle-aged Kopites who travel to the 2005 Champions League final with their sons.

Things start to get interesting when the party finds a stash of fake dollars in their grotty hotel room outside Taksim Square.

The consequences are almost as dramatic as events which unfold on the pitch, which we see thanks to two specially-installed big screens.

Nicky Allt's production - the follow up to his massive hit Brick Up The Mersey Tunnels - is as much about the characters' personal journeys as it is the football and frolics.

Of course, this isn't the first European Cup final for Tommy and Gerry - and their drunken reminiscing prompts much mickey taking from sons Jamie and Joseph. They delight in hearing how Tommy's girlfriend left him for Craig 'Predator' Johnston, while jokes about Titi Camara, 'lucky' underpants and Amy Winehouse also prove crowd-pleasers.

The marvellous Bishop brings some smart physical comedy to the production on what is his first major acting role.

The show is punctuated by fantastic acoustic interludes which get the crowd singing - then there's YouTube sensation Darren Farley, who plays a Sky News reporter who tries and fails to get a decent interview with any of the Scouse invaders.

One of the highlights is a voice-over gag for which Jamie Carragher, Steven Gerrard and Rafa Benitez were drafted in.

The trio even made a surprise appearance for the opening night finale, while the audience was treated to a glimpse of ex-Reds captain Phil Thompson on night two.

All in all, One Night in Istanbul is a celebration of life as a Liverpool fan, and Allt has once again achieved an admirable feat - bringing theatre to the masses and leaving them thirsty for more.

Book tickets now>>
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:00 pm

Best part is Rafa with Justice armband!! :bowdown  :buttrock
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:10 pm

woof woof ! wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:If anyone is gaggin at the mo like i am this is fecking great,Ive been singin the song all mornin lol

:laugh: , Nice Nan but I'm laughin' at the choice of song, reminded me of my hippy daze, had to dig out     the original    :D

A Horse with no name always reminds me of my first day at work. We all went to the pub at lunchtime and it was the first time I heard it.

Someone had jumped from the 15th floor the day before I started at Highland house, so there was still a large hole in the veranda too.
account deleted by request

Postby crazyhorse » Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:28 pm

Pure class.
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:43 pm

Never forget that night :)
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:55 pm

Horse with no name , is this season's ring of fire. Will be sung at all the euro games  and all the away's.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby roberto green » Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:15 pm

I always thought Neil Young song Horse with no name
roberto green

Postby Rush Job » Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:29 am

He told him to do the speghetti legs, not the jelly legs. Where has that come from? They could at least get it right, its won us two atfer all. ???
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Madmax » Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:28 am

NANNY RED wrote:Image

Is that sami lee next to gerrard??   :D
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion