We're gonna get it in the neck

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 66-1112520797 » Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:57 am

'You've sold your soul' we shouted to the Chelsea fans, ManUSA we chanted to the Mancs. Look at us now standing face to face with hypocrisy as the rest of the country look at us waiting for us to worm our way out of this one.
I fall into that catergory of telling the Chavs and the Mancs about the way they sold out. I also said Liverpool would never sell their soul the way Chelsea have done, and I bet a lot of Scousers would fall into the same catergory as me.

The fact of the matter is I cannot "worm" myself out of this one. Instead take a deep breath and face the accusations head on, like I dont give a f.uck. Most of our rivals if not all will be laughing at us, 'the traditionalists of the game', 'the club with all the success and history'. And now you've gone and cloned yourself to be a carbon copy of the Mancs, they say. I/we cant hide from the fact that what has happened in recent days has made us look hypocritical to say the least.
The Chelsea fans got it, the Mancs got it and now its our turn to take the brunt of whats to come.

My only consolation of an answer to this sure to be asked question, 'Whats your view on the, takeover?'
Is, We didnt start the trend of making football a rich mans business. Yes we've followed suite, looking at the broader view of things we've had too. Chelsea and the Mancs have pulled away from the rest of us (premiership teams). Not only on the field but finacially too.The facts are there, finance does improve results on the field. Look at Chelsea, they were nothing before the Russian came along, absolutely nothing. But look where Abrahamovich hasnt taken them, two league titles in two years.

I like most fans are, I'm optimistic about this new era, but sad at the same time. Sad in the fact that we've had to sell the most prestigous club in English football to keep up with the likes of others. Sad for David Moores a living legend and a life-time supporter who's had to sell off his share in order to help Liverpool move on. Sad mainly because it doesnt seem the Liverpool way. But its time to be optimistic now, look forward but at the same time never forget where we've come from as a club. Bite the bullet, take the stick off of our rivals, it'll soon pass. Hopefully things will get really interesting back on the field, next year. If Rafa is given money to spend he must surely spend well. Mouriniho has done it, Fergie has done it. Well Fergie may of not spent well but the league title is looming towards Old toilet anyhow. Like Liverpool have followed suit in the takeover trade Benitez has got to do the same on the football side of things and take us back where we belong.

As for being labelled hypocrites and anything else thats bound to pi$$ me off my real only other answer to all that is to
the Bitters, the Mancs the Chavs any other fuc.king rival who wishes to take the p.iss, this is for you.

Looking to the future YNWA  :buttrock
66-1112520797

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:40 am

I couldn't care less what opposition fans say or think about us selling our soul. I do however care about the consequencies where loyal supporters are concerned. Higher ticket prices, replica shirt prices (and frequent changes) are all highly likely in the not to distant future.

If the changes are met by success on the field (epl title within a few years) I would consider the gamble (because I still see it as a gamble) as worth taking. If the only success is a new stadium and a squad full of under performing expensive "stars" then the gamble will in my opinion have failed.

No matter how much money our new American friends pump into the club they cannot guarantee the title, but what they can do is make the playing field a little more equal and I have confidence that Rafa will do the rest. I think the days of buying the league like Chelsea did have gone, Utd and hopefully ourselves are fighting back and money unfortunately is a big part of that process. Chelsea have stolen a march on us by profligate spending that will be hard to match, Arsenal have bought young stars of the future, Utd have paid big money for Rooney and Carrick . Quality not quantity has to dictate our spending, so I want one or two top players rather than four or five squad players.

As for our rivals insults, I am sure the EPL Title will sooth our pain.
account deleted by request

Postby The Manhattan Project » Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:07 am

Chelsea and Man Utd fans don't understand complex concepts like hypocrisy.

The average Man U and Chelsea fan thinks "hypocrisy" was the game where you had to eat those little white marbles.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lio » Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:40 am

s@int wrote:... so I want one or two top players rather than four or five squad players.
... i guess your wish will soon be real:

Liverpool boss to ask Man Utd for Ronaldo
tribalfooball.com - February 07, 2007

Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez is considering a cheeky bid for Manchester United wing ace Cristiano Ronaldo.

The Daily Mail says Benitez is pondering an enquiry for the Portuguese star after being told by the club's new co-owners that he will have mega bucks to spend during the summer market.

Despite the interest from Liverpool, there is no way Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson will let him move to his one of his bitterest rivals in the unlikely event he leaves Old Trafford.
lio

Postby Ciggy » Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:55 am

lio wrote:
s@int wrote:... so I want one or two top players rather than four or five squad players.

Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez is considering a cheeky bid for Manchester United wing ace Cristiano Ronaldo.

The Daily Mail says Benitez is pondering an enquiry for the Portuguese star after being told by the club's new co-owners that he will have mega bucks to spend during the summer market.

Despite the interest from Liverpool, there is no way Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson will let him move to his one of his bitterest rivals in the unlikely event he leaves Old Trafford.

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh: 

Who gives a feck what anyone thinks they allhate us anyway.
LFC is all that matters feck them all.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:10 am

s@int wrote:I couldn't care less what opposition fans say or think about us selling our soul. I do however care about the consequencies where loyal supporters are concerned. Higher ticket prices, replica shirt prices (and frequent changes) are all highly likely in the not to distant future.

If the changes are met by success on the field (epl title within a few years) I would consider the gamble (because I still see it as a gamble) as worth taking. If the only success is a new stadium and a squad full of under performing expensive "stars" then the gamble will in my opinion have failed.

No matter how much money our new American friends pump into the club they cannot guarantee the title, but what they can do is make the playing field a little more equal and I have confidence that Rafa will do the rest. I think the days of buying the league like Chelsea did have gone, Utd and hopefully ourselves are fighting back and money unfortunately is a big part of that process. Chelsea have stolen a march on us by profligate spending that will be hard to match, Arsenal have bought young stars of the future, Utd have paid big money for Rooney and Carrick . Quality not quantity has to dictate our spending, so I want one or two top players rather than four or five squad players.

I have to say Saint I agree with you about the quality bit. This season especially has shown that although we've got quantity in the ranks. We are definately 2-3 players away from the quality that is needed to challenge for the title.

If there was expectation to bring back the glory years, I think that expectation will have gone ten fold now. IMO there will be more pressure on Benitez, and I personally think he's got to "get it right" in the transfer windows a bit more than he has done. He shouldnt be looking to boost the squad but thr team with some top signings, I'm not saying, get into bidding wars and paying silly money but quality signings never-the less.
66-1112520797

Postby Effes » Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:16 am

With the talk of mega bucks - if true - then surely we can expect at least 3 big signings this summer.

Like everyone has said above - I dont give a monkeys what other fans have to say.
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Anfield rapper » Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:50 am

lio wrote:

:laugh:

Yeah right. There's no chance they will sell him to us and all it would do is advertise how much money we have to spend to other clubs. This will create a situation like Chelsea find themselves in. I hope they keep how much Rafa will have to spend very quiet.
Anfield rapper
LFC Super Member

Postby Bad Bob » Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:50 pm

s@int wrote:I couldn't care less what opposition fans say or think about us selling our soul. I do however care about the consequencies where loyal supporters are concerned. Higher ticket prices, replica shirt prices (and frequent changes) are all highly likely in the not to distant future.

Well said, mate.  My feelings exactly.  I think if Rafa's given the money to truly compete in the transfer market he'll do the right thing with it.  I think he'll still refuse to pay way over the odds but will now have the wiggle room to truly go after the likes of Alves.  That's what excites me and gives me hope that this takeover will pay off in the long run.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby metalhead » Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:59 pm

Bamaga man wrote:'You've sold your soul' we shouted to the Chelsea fans, ManUSA we chanted to the Mancs. Look at us now standing face to face with hypocrisy as the rest of the country look at us waiting for us to worm our way out of this one.
I fall into that catergory of telling the Chavs and the Mancs about the way they sold out. I also said Liverpool would never sell their soul the way Chelsea have done, and I bet a lot of Scousers would fall into the same catergory as me.

The fact of the matter is I cannot "worm" myself out of this one. Instead take a deep breath and face the accusations head on, like I dont give a f.uck. Most of our rivals if not all will be laughing at us, 'the traditionalists of the game', 'the club with all the success and history'. And now you've gone and cloned yourself to be a carbon copy of the Mancs, they say. I/we cant hide from the fact that what has happened in recent days has made us look hypocritical to say the least.
The Chelsea fans got it, the Mancs got it and now its our turn to take the brunt of whats to come.

My only consolation of an answer to this sure to be asked question, 'Whats your view on the, takeover?'
Is, We didnt start the trend of making football a rich mans business. Yes we've followed suite, looking at the broader view of things we've had too. Chelsea and the Mancs have pulled away from the rest of us (premiership teams). Not only on the field but finacially too.The facts are there, finance does improve results on the field. Look at Chelsea, they were nothing before the Russian came along, absolutely nothing. But look where Abrahamovich hasnt taken them, two league titles in two years.

I like most fans are, I'm optimistic about this new era, but sad at the same time. Sad in the fact that we've had to sell the most prestigous club in English football to keep up with the likes of others. Sad for David Moores a living legend and a life-time supporter who's had to sell off his share in order to help Liverpool move on. Sad mainly because it doesnt seem the Liverpool way. But its time to be optimistic now, look forward but at the same time never forget where we've come from as a club. Bite the bullet, take the stick off of our rivals, it'll soon pass. Hopefully things will get really interesting back on the field, next year. If Rafa is given money to spend he must surely spend well. Mouriniho has done it, Fergie has done it. Well Fergie may of not spent well but the league title is looming towards Old toilet anyhow. Like Liverpool have followed suit in the takeover trade Benitez has got to do the same on the football side of things and take us back where we belong.

As for being labelled hypocrites and anything else thats bound to pi$$ me off my real only other answer to all that is to
the Bitters, the Mancs the Chavs any other fuc.king rival who wishes to take the p.iss, this is for you.

Looking to the future YNWA  :buttrock

LONG LIVE LIVERPOOL SOCCER CLUB! what?

oops the Americanism is getting to me

LONG LIVE LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB!  :D

good post bamaga!
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:02 pm

This is completley different to what Chelsea done. They had no heritage or winning background where as Liverpool before takeover were still the most sucessfull team in English football. On top of that we won the European cup way before the takeover.

Yes its true we will have more money now but you can compare Chelsea to Liverpool. Financial investment was vital to the club being able to stay at the top of the game.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion