Why do the fans sit in silence - Really, why.......

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby redandblue » Tue Nov 18, 2003 4:05 pm

There have been lots and lots of comments about GH's failings as a manager as well as the fact that the Liverpool Board have settled for mediocrity at a club which once stood for excellence. A lot of fans, me included, want GH to go and go now.

But can someone please tell me why the fans at home matches sit there in silence? Why aren't there calls for Houllier to be sacked from the fans? Why do the game's most knowledgeable set of fans put up with it, week after week, year after year? WHY?

I couldn't believe my ears when I heard the fans singing in support of Houllier and chanting his name after we had seen off the mighty Olympia Lubliana Ladies Team a few weeks ago. The fans have got the manager that they deserve and unless they/we agitate for change, GH will be around until his contract expires in 2005.
redandblue
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby cheesecakery » Wed Nov 19, 2003 2:28 pm

because liverpools new policy is to recruit new fans from the deaf and dumb schools so there not seen to be biased in any way :D
ARF ARF
cheesecakery

Postby big al » Wed Nov 19, 2003 4:27 pm

Cheesey don't be a silly Manc. Redandblue good point mate. Truth is these fans live in hope that Houlier will turn things around.  Why? Well because everything Houlier says is halve true.  We have been very unlucky against Man U, Chealsea and Arsenal.  Liverpool fans are extremely loyal and don't turn on their team or managers that often.  Let's not condemn the Anfield faithful but instead focus on the inadequate management of GH.  The fans will eventually lose patience and Houlier hopefully will see the writing on the wall.  I would also add that some fans don't Want to risk complaining when it would look like it's their players they would be attacking and not the real problem, Houlier. 

please leave Mr Houlier
"Football Is the greatest democracy of all, That's providing your not Italian and pay the referee" Big al 2006
big al
LFC Elite Member

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion