Confused lfc fan - Why the silence....to date?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby zarababe » Fri Jul 09, 2004 1:25 pm

XSD wrote:It's because he can't speak English I reckon.
I haven't seen any press conferences with him speaking yet.

So you diddn'y see Mr Benitez introduced to the world as LFC Manager.. who do you support ???
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Fri Jul 09, 2004 1:30 pm

It seems increasingly this forum is being bombarded with threads that do nothing but espouse negativity... we have a top manager... leave the job to him.. don't play fantasy manager...and for god sake don't constantly assume that nothing is happening to move the club forward.. his appointment , Gerrard staying Cisse coming is good progress... there's a culture change happening that most of all will have the biggest impact.. "I feel good...I think that you all should" (the tune of the song I feel good)
Last edited by zarababe on Fri Jul 09, 2004 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rafa » Fri Jul 09, 2004 1:33 pm

zarababe wrote:
XSD wrote:It's because he can't speak English I reckon.
I haven't seen any press conferences with him speaking yet.

So you diddn'y see Mr Benitez introduced to the world as LFC Manager.. who do you support ???

:laugh:

All fans should have seen that
He comes from Spain and he doesn't speak good English,
But we don't care cos he'll turn us into winners,
The European Cup will be ours before he's finished,
Raaaaafaa Benitez!
Rafa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stapo1000 » Fri Jul 09, 2004 1:41 pm

the reason were seeing this silence at the club is because were used to the houllier way of doing things. ie. you have to make public every single happening the club is involved in. benitez is obviously more secretive about what the does.
Steve Gerrard Gerrard,
He'll pass the ball 40 yards,
He's quick and he's f*cking hard,
Steve Gerrard Gerrard.
stapo1000
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redtribe » Fri Jul 09, 2004 1:58 pm

Zara i am totally with you on that!!!!!!
Redtribe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Fri Jul 09, 2004 2:16 pm

Give the manager a chance to analyse what hes got. When he is ready to strengthen the squad am sure he'll dip into the transfer market. He probably knows who he is after and has made contact with them. If you make everything public you only get prats like Kenyon at Chelski trying to hijack transfers :)
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby chiggz_likes_owen » Fri Jul 09, 2004 3:15 pm

Iam very sure we will make a couple (or not more) of signings sooner or later. If we are to make any they will happen in a last minute fashion. Just like how arsenal signed wonderkid Reyes, everything happened at the spur of the moment.
chiggz_likes_owen
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mynameisred » Fri Jul 09, 2004 3:24 pm

This guy is ultra methodical apperently he sleeps with his laptop. I should imagine he is looking at the resources he already has and working out where reinforcemnets are needed. We do already have alot of v.good players and I for one believe Rafa will get the best out of most of those underachievers. From what I have heard of him he will already have a list of players in his mind, based on who he believes can do the job in prem, availability ( remember as yet we are still on a relativley small budget) etc. I mean they have these worldwide scouting networks nowadays and are fully aware of who plays where for whom how good they are and their price in each country. Lets give him a chance, the Wrexham friendly is round the corner and Im sure he will have a much better idea after that. In responce of him not being in the spotlight, THANK GOD I still have trouble sleeping at night seing GH bent over looking at the replay in that little room of the penalty last season, his desperation was there for all to see and it was really quite sad.
The man who came to merseyside from Newcastle, the man who says he's part of Liverpool as much as the Liver building. When he was needed Alan Kennedy was there. And with now just 8 minutes to go it could be that Alan Kennedy has made a little history.
mynameisred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Fri Jul 09, 2004 4:04 pm

After a long time, liverpool has a master tactician as a manager. So lets sit back and enjoy it. No need to spin consipiracy theories. Believe me when i say this, but we can win the premier league next season with this guy in charge.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Fri Jul 09, 2004 4:06 pm

14/1 for us to win the premiership next season. if houllier was still in charge i think those odds would have been more like 33-1. :)
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby mynameisred » Fri Jul 09, 2004 4:12 pm

It may be me but I think next season may be just a wee bit too soon although Rafa does have a history of success in first seasons this is a totally new experience for him. He is gonna fall in love with us if he hasnt already and I can see him here long term (hes only 44). Are we all going mad tho we know next to nothing about him yet I feel so goddam good about next season, it may be that its just nice to expect some good football but im not sure.
The man who came to merseyside from Newcastle, the man who says he's part of Liverpool as much as the Liver building. When he was needed Alan Kennedy was there. And with now just 8 minutes to go it could be that Alan Kennedy has made a little history.
mynameisred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ICE-MAN » Fri Jul 09, 2004 4:32 pm

i have to admit im not happy with the goings on at anfield at all!

1:  owen still hasnt signed a new contract
2:  we are linked with mista, amoroso, and a load of spanish blokes we never heard of or dont need i.e goalkeepers and some bloke called miguel to play midfield with gerrard (nonsense!) reminds me of houllier bringin every french dude under the sun to anfield -cheyrou,traore,ferri etc.
3:   we have only signed cisse brilliant in my opinion but not enough! we need a centre half and two midfielders at least and we have heard nothing!
4:   baros being linked away, he better not go and why cant he talk to benitez before pre-season starts on monday to clear it up!
5:   gerrard said he would be really disappointed if we didnt have at least three top quality signings during the summer, will only add fuel to him leaving at end of season if it doesnt happen and we dont improve dramatically!
6:   no investment, all that fell through meaning we cant really be ruthless in the transfer market and buy big and buy quality, meaning benitez has more pressure in the transfer market to buy right and deliver sooner!
7:  most other teams are buying sensible at the mo, what would have bben wrong with throwing a few quid at hasselbank for a year or two, hes a proven goalscorer and would hopefully get owen to get the finger out of his ****** by putting pressure on him! newcastle, boro, birmingham will easily catch us with the signings theyve made!
8:   everyones on holiday :angry:

sorry about the moaning and complaining but am i the only one all this stuff is bothering? :cool:
ICE-MAN

Postby ICE-MAN » Fri Jul 09, 2004 4:34 pm

oh yeah and the fact that cheyrou is gone ON LOAN, and diouf and diao are being linked away ON LOAN why cant we sell the wasters? do we still have to pay their wages if they are on loan? we will turn into leeds if we do :cool:
ICE-MAN

Postby stmichael » Fri Jul 09, 2004 4:38 pm

ICE-MAN wrote:i have to admit im not happy with the goings on at anfield at all!

1:  owen still hasnt signed a new contract
2:  we are linked with mista, amoroso, and a load of spanish blokes we never heard of or dont need i.e goalkeepers and some bloke called miguel to play midfield with gerrard (nonsense!) reminds me of houllier bringin every french dude under the sun to anfield -cheyrou,traore,ferri etc.
3:   we have only signed cisse brilliant in my opinion but not enough! we need a centre half and two midfielders at least and we have heard nothing!
4:   baros being linked away, he better not go and why cant he talk to benitez before pre-season starts on monday to clear it up!
5:   gerrard said he would be really disappointed if we didnt have at least three top quality signings during the summer, will only add fuel to him leaving at end of season if it doesnt happen and we dont improve dramatically!
6:   no investment, all that fell through meaning we cant really be ruthless in the transfer market and buy big and buy quality, meaning benitez has more pressure in the transfer market to buy right and deliver sooner!
7:  most other teams are buying sensible at the mo, what would have bben wrong with throwing a few quid at hasselbank for a year or two, hes a proven goalscorer and would hopefully get owen to get the finger out of his ****** by putting pressure on him! newcastle, boro, birmingham will easily catch us with the signings theyve made!
8:   everyones on holiday :angry:

sorry about the moaning and complaining but am i the only one all this stuff is bothering? :cool:

jesus christ.

1. owen will sign within the next week. he is currently on holiday but will report back soon for pre-season training.

2. don't believe in rumours. 99% of them are b#llsh#t.

3. there's still 5 weeks until the first game. plenty of time for new players.

4. baros has already said that he wants to stay and fight for his place. he won't go to real madrid. he's got more chance of playing with us.

5. lets be happy that stevie g is still here. there's nothing to stop us having a decent season.

6. glad the thai deal fell through.

7. benitez knows what he's doing in the transfer market. the guy is a proven winner and i trust him.

chill :cool:
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby ICE-MAN » Fri Jul 09, 2004 4:41 pm

ok but i have to get used to this quietness about him, i know houllier talked shyte but at least it was nice to hear from him every now n again :D

are u sure benitez is not on hols!

we have a champions league qualifier before the season starts do we? plus spurs away is a really tough match considering santini is there!
ICE-MAN

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion