Owen criticism is a disgrace! - Why reds fans should lay off magic

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby gray » Tue Nov 18, 2003 1:43 pm

I dont know about you, but i am sick and disgusted at the criticism that Michael Owen is coming in for from some liverpool quarters!!

How short are the memories of these so called fans?

Michael Owen has been at Anfield since the age of 11. This boy has been the top goalscorer in all of his top flight seasons at liverpool. He holds the record for most european goals beating a guy that goes buy the name of IAN RUSH!!!!

His goals have helped the reds win 5 trophies. And he WILL go on to break Roger Hunts all time goalscoring record for liverpool and also Bobby Charltons england record too.

He is the best striker in the country, possibly the world, hence the interest from every top european club worth mentioning. And is probably, when you consider the shame that this countries young players have brought to english football, the most professional player in the whole of the premiership. He is the perfect role model and ambassador, not just for Liverpool F.C but also for english sport as a whole.

So with all this in mind what do we do? we criticise him, we insult him, he's not worth 25 milion, lets get rid of him! He's not a true red anyway he supported the blues! and all of this because some mickey mouse reporter for some mickey mouse football mag twisted out of proportion everything that Mikey said 3 months ago.

Inteligence im afraid is not one of the qualities in these so called Liverpool fans.

Every true reds fan no the score, mikey stays, we worship him and we wouldn't swap him for all of the coin at cheque book chelski!!

i
gray

Postby big al » Tue Nov 18, 2003 2:25 pm

The one sure thing about the media Gray is that if people try to use them for their own ends the B*****ds will eventually get round to using you.

I think your mis-interpreting many liverpool fans for bemaoning the fact that Owen might leave.  Gods are created very rarely on Merseyside, we had Fowler stripped form us and now the risk is that Michael may leave. 

There is no true fan who would wish any malice on Micheal but the fact is they are still going to moan about it Thats life, That's football, especially when Liverpool fans can see that Houlier is destroying us. 

Liverpool fans love Micheal but every relationship has periods when anger and frustration make you say things you regret.  I'd be more worried if nothing was being said or if cheers were ringing out.  The words of the fans merely reflect how highly Owen is valued.  Humans very raely say what they mean when the subject is emotive.  Nothing is more emotive than the possibility of losing the one player who has actually kept us out of the relegation zone. 

Mark my words "if Owen leaves and Houlier continues as manager the 1st division is only a hair's breath away."

Please leave Mr Houlier.
"Football Is the greatest democracy of all, That's providing your not Italian and pay the referee" Big al 2006
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Tue Nov 18, 2003 2:31 pm

The trouble with some  L.F.C. fans is that they dont appreciate owen?.. the same fans who used to hail robbie fowler as "god" cant give owen the same support, how often do you hear owens name chanted with the same enthusiasm and volume as fowlers was? for some reason they dont. I  sit in the kop and give as much support to owen as i can, pity more cannot do the same! I think we take owen for granted at times we dont realise what a priceless "gem" he is L.F.C. fans need to show him the appreciation he deserves and stop knocking him, and let him know how much he means to us, cos if he does leave you will soon have something to moan about!! :(
"THERE ARE TWO GREAT FOOTBALL TEAMS IN LIVERPOOL"
  LIVERPOOL..........................AND LIVERPOOL RESERVES!
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redandblue » Tue Nov 18, 2003 3:34 pm

It's incredible that he would get any stick at all from Liverpool fans. He is an exceptional talent. The sad thing for us is that we may not have seen him at his best. Just imagine how sensational he would be playing in a truly world class attacking outfit, rather than playing to Houllier's style. He has consistently been magnificent and let's not forget how he rescued us in the FA Cup Final after we had been outclassed by Arsenal. Houllier's tactics that day were shocking and it was Owen who single handedly won it for us. His goalscoring record is incredible, especially when we consider that he hardly gets any service.

Houllier has under-used Michael and simply has not allowed him to play to his full potential. Imagine Owen at Manure or at Arsenal. He'd have a bagfull of goals week in week out. Instead, he has to scrape for everything under the current regime.

If he wants to fulfill his ambitions he SHOULD leave Anfield because the current management team at the club won't get us to win the title or the latter stages of European Cups. Winning the occassional Worthless Cup doesn't really compare and he must be very frustrated when he sees the likes of the Neville brothers with a cabinet full of trophies.

Michael Owen is a marvellous talent who deserves to be in a marvellous team. Sadly, he isn't and he knows that he isn't. He is surrounded by mediocrity and he won't put up with it much longer.

As for comparisons with Fowler, Robbie was a great talent, but basically a fool. He was and still is the caricature of a thick footballer who squandered his talent with a combination of a lack of ambition, laziness and an unprofessional attitude when it came to keeping himself fit. Michael Owen is a dream of a professional. Fowler was an idiot. Talented, yes, and on his day, scored important goals. But an idiot nonetheless.
redandblue
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion