Bad news for england fans - Good news for reds fans

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby JBG » Fri Jun 25, 2004 10:24 pm

I see what you are saying MistrRed but Big Al does have a point.

There are too many games in England. The big clubs should ditch the League Cup and the Premiership should be reduced to 19 teams, as well as a winter break.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby fivecups » Fri Jun 25, 2004 10:31 pm

big al wrote:Stephen Gerrard has worked his socks off for Liverpool, he owes no liverpool fan anything, he came up through the club and has paid Liverpool back 100 times over the development money they've spent on him.  Gerrard, Owen, Henchoz and Smicer have all looked tired in this tournament.  Baros has looked outstanding because he hardly kicked a ball all season.  Davis Moyes done England a massive favour by limiting Ronneys involvement in Evertons campaign.  Likewise Ferguson re Ronaldo. 

Stephen Gerrard was tired for England simply because the kids been carrying the F**king football club and team on his back for the last two seasons. 

I really get fed up with people talking absolute rubbish about footballers whose boots they could never lace in a thousand years, no one here is including myself is knows fully how truly talented this lad is.  If he leaves Liverpool, Then the only people to blame is Moores and Parry.

And all the England Post mortems will do know good until the premiership is reduced to eitheir 19 or 18 teams.  I like the 19 because that give each team two weeks off per season, England are a good team, with oustanding players, they just arrived at tournaments completely shattered.  Remembers the pace of English football, the strain rainy sodden pitches put in players legs and the travelling in Europe for top teams, sadly it all takes its toll come June.  Thats why english teams get through groups stages in europe only to fall at the last, They bloody knackered.  I would add that Many of the real Madrid Stars have been ****** too and I think they're all tired as well.    Anyway one thing is for sure Ashley Coles been the player of the tournament so far, we really do need a world class midfielder next season

Brilliant post. Agree with that completely. Firstly whats sad is the number of LFC fans that are hurling abuse at Steven Gerrard. He hasn't said anything. He hasn't gone anywhere yet. Wait before you start putting the boot in.

Secondly, the England part, again spot on. Some people can argue that they had no right to be tired, especially given the money they earn but the fact was they were exhausted. Anyone who saw the match last night could see that. Stevie in particular looked like he had been sedated he was that tired. It's not lack of effort. It's exhaustion. People have a physical limit and when thats exceeded there is little they can do. Remember it was 25 degrees at least and humid.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby big al » Sat Jun 26, 2004 12:02 am

Yeah and I think the defeat of France both this time and in the last world cup proves my point, they too with so many English based players were Knackered.  I would add that the countries who all had players in the champions leagues, latter stages are all now at home watching TV, including Portugal and that's probably their saving grace, IE being at home.

As for building sites, don't make me laugh, Take it from someone who played semi pro football, worked on a building site and spent ten years as a docker, football was passion work was work humping loads of ****** about all day drained me physically alright but I never was in competion with others trying to second guess them both menatlly and physically. Some of you guys have no idea just like Houllier you try to compare apples and oranges wise up!
Last edited by big al on Sat Jun 26, 2004 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Football Is the greatest democracy of all, That's providing your not Italian and pay the referee" Big al 2006
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby 84-1083280474 » Sat Jun 26, 2004 12:04 am

this post is rubbish, nobody even knows what steven gerrard is thinking
84-1083280474

Postby supersub » Sat Jun 26, 2004 12:07 am

good point big al
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby big al » Sat Jun 26, 2004 12:08 am

TheHustler thanks mate I thought I'd put a good post up but then what do I know?
"Football Is the greatest democracy of all, That's providing your not Italian and pay the referee" Big al 2006
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby Scottbot » Sat Jun 26, 2004 12:10 am

It' s pretty clear that the sheer volume of club football has an adverse effect on inernational football. Not just because of the number of games. You often hear ex-pros saying they played 60/70+ games in a season 20/30 years ago but that was then. The game has changed so much in that time. It has got faster, players are fitter, the stakes are so much higher and professionalism is the name of the game. I would like to see the Premiership shrink to 18/19 teams but that will NEVER happen. Erickson tactics are even more baffling when you consider the long season the English boys have played.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby big al » Sat Jun 26, 2004 12:13 am

Scottbot what was going on prior to extra time. Infact all England fans what was the story there.  Ericsonn was doing this calm 'softly softly' bit when what Enland needed was the 'Sweeney'  remember the passion of Wright, Adams, Gascoigne where has it gone?
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby adayinthelife » Sat Jun 26, 2004 12:18 am

The 20 team league is fine and even the italians are reverting back to 20 teams.

The main reason the english players were so tired had alot to do with erikson giving them a 7 mile run as part of his ridiculous training regime.

No doubt Gerrard was more tired than most due to him carrying our team for the 2nd half of the season.
Smith to Shankly:My thigh is a bit sore,but I think I could play.
Shankly to Fagan:Tell him,Joe.He has got no chance of playing.
Smith to Fagan:Tell him to sod off.It is not his leg,it's mine.
Shankly to Smith:Oh no son.You are wrong,son.It is not your leg.
It is Liverpool Football Club's leg.
adayinthelife
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby big al » Sat Jun 26, 2004 12:23 am

what 7 mile run please expand on this adayinthelife
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby adayinthelife » Sat Jun 26, 2004 12:26 am

Dunphy and Giles on irish tv both commented on some 7 mile run erikson had the players do when the squad got together.
Smith to Shankly:My thigh is a bit sore,but I think I could play.
Shankly to Fagan:Tell him,Joe.He has got no chance of playing.
Smith to Fagan:Tell him to sod off.It is not his leg,it's mine.
Shankly to Smith:Oh no son.You are wrong,son.It is not your leg.
It is Liverpool Football Club's leg.
adayinthelife
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby big al » Sat Jun 26, 2004 12:37 am

for godsake those two are the biggest ****** talkers on any channel anywhere in the world, I thought RTE had got rid of them by now!
Last edited by big al on Sat Jun 26, 2004 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby Dalglish » Sat Jun 26, 2004 1:09 am

Clutching at Straws I think when we talk of "7 mile runs" ruining England's chances in Euro 2004 ???  face it boys , we were outplayed for the vast majority of the game cos we can't KEEP the ball like the more skilful Portugese and Brazilians. We have made NO progress since WC 2002 and last night's second half was almost identical to the Brazil game in 2002 ???

In ALL the games we played at EURO 2004 we loked decidely dodgy at the back and although unlucky against france conceded tons of possessiona nd invited them onto us......You can't defend for 90 mins at this level and not concede.....
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mistyred » Sat Jun 26, 2004 11:25 am

Big Al as i said "i know footballers are human".
Listen i have worked my ****** of in some shitty jobs  and having been a plasterer starting with my old man at 13 years of age, and know i work in an office(competing for the best job i can get) i know the physicle limits of the body but,How the hell can you sit there and say "you guys" know nothing? What? excuse the hell out of me.
Even though i don't have to explain myself to people who seem to know bloody everything,But all i say is this yes heat makes you tired,Yes they have to compete,and yes sharks ****** in the sea.
you know what we all get paid in life to do our jobs sometimes under extra ordinary pressure but hell we still try our damn best to do it.
Unfortunately i can't get payed for throwing a strop cos my tranfer hasn't gone through while sitting on a bench.
I said in previous post's i love Stevie G but he is not my bloody wife so i don't care what i say and when i say it, and if by any chance it does (offend) oh please! people who love football and LFC like myself i will not apologise as i cannot and will not hide my thoughts in silence while they could be made public and put everbody out of thier misery.

I should win the a 5m a year contract for just showing up. :laugh:  :laugh:  :D  :p  :cool:
Last edited by mistyred on Sat Jun 26, 2004 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion