Torres injured again - Oh no

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby zarababe » Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:51 pm

Alex G. wrote:
zarababe wrote:
Alex G. wrote:I miss this  :down:
Fernando get well soon.

:D go back to your Mancsh'te site - where are all these wums coming from Mods  ???

Zarababe, I think you misinterpreted it.

I missed what - you blaming Rafa for Torres' injury  :lookaround

Stink of Mancsh'ite Al :nod
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Alex G. » Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:59 pm

Sabre wrote:
Alex G. wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:
Alex G. wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:
Alex G. wrote:-The style of game that Rafa asks of Torres with continuous explosive runs at the back of the defence (stopped - explosive run, stopped - explosive run).

:laugh: Kinell, now Rafa gets blamed because Torres injured himself playing his natural game?  I suppose Rafa should get all the credit for Torres 30+ goals last season, then, since he trained him to do all that explosive starting and stopping?  The mind truly boggles.  :Oo:

It´s just my opinion but I think is a "dangerous style", especially for the muscle injuries.
So, if we can´t blame on Rafa for it, what can we blame on the Spain team??.

It's not that the Spanish team is causing his injuries, it's just the amount of travel associated with international games and the additional minutes on the pitch that he doesn't need at the moment.  The last outing was especially frustrating, as it was a friendly and Torres was just coming back from a recurrence of his hamstring injury.  Spain should have left him at home to rest and recover.

But, back to my original point--his explosive starting and stopping is part of Torres' natural game.  It's not as though Rafa trained him to play that way.  If he could train that kind of thing, I think he might have been giving Kuyt, Keane and Babel a lot more work to do at Melwood. :D

He played only 30 minutes with Spain, and he got injured against Marseille, playing 90 minutes upfront on his own. Maybe that´s his natural game because of his pace, but it doesn´t mean that is not dangerous for his legs.

Yes, it's dangerous. That's why footballers get hamstring injuries and I don't.

You can't think much about it. Sometimes you'll get a player that until 28 he's spotless when it comes to injuries and then  a nightmare of injuries start.

I'm pretty sure the doctors said everything was ok when he was allowed back aswell. This things happen and we can't seek for many culprits.

Spain? you could talk about the extra games and different exercises in training, but I think it's trying to find a reason to probable mere bad luck. For what is worth, I'd preffer Torres wouldn't play a single friendly, but that's a lost battle.

Mind you, Rafa is starting to voice his concerns in Spain, like in the last game before the injury. And you could see by the reaction that people here won't give a fúck about how our manager is concerned about it. Actually the best chance we have is that Del Bosque and Rafa get along pretty well, and I'm sure given the circunstamces Del Bosque won't risk Torres again. In fact, many commented that him playing Torres only 30 minutes was a favour to Rafa.

As I said, it´s just my opinion, one opinion of thousands, but I have watched carefully how he plays since he arrived to Liverpool.
He never plays back to the goal, keeping and protecting the ball as a "pure 9" (Berbatov, Drogba, ect), he waits all the time the final pass to the space (mainly from Gerrard) and starts with his explosive run.
In Spain he touched more the ball, but in England he´s running and running all the time in that way.
Alex G.
LFC Super Member

Postby Alex G. » Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:06 pm

zarababe wrote:
Alex G. wrote:
zarababe wrote:
Alex G. wrote:I miss this  :down:
Fernando get well soon.

:D go back to your Mancsh'te site - where are all these wums coming from Mods  ???

Zarababe, I think you misinterpreted it.

I missed what - you blaming Rafa for Torres' injury  :lookaround

Stink of Mancsh'ite Al :nod

Are you a sort of political comissar or something?

I´m a true Liverpool fan, and of course I hate the bloody mancs with passion.
Alex G.
LFC Super Member

Postby Sabre » Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:10 pm

As I said, it´s just my opinion, one opinion of thousands, but I have watched carefully how he plays since he arrived to Liverpool.
He never plays back to the goal, keeping and protecting the ball as a "pure 9" (Berbatov, Drogba, ect), he waits all the time the final pass to the space (mainly from Gerrard) and starts with his explosive run.
In Spain he touched more the ball, but in England he´s running and running all the time in that way.

I see what you're saying, explosive movements mean a bit more risk for that muscles, but there have been thousands of players that based their game in that kind of movements and hadn't ever a problem, so we shouldn't expect Torres changing his game one iota. If you see what I mean.

BTW, give the lad some time before insulting him calling him a manc so early! If he was, we'd know sooner rather than later so there's no need to start an interrogation for making a point we disagree.

P.S. Plus, I got a P.M of him in perfect Spanish, he's a Spaniard like me.

P.S. Despite him being a red, he has a soft spot for Athletic Bilbao. Ban him! :D. Nah, he seems a good lad.
Last edited by Sabre on Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:04 pm

Liverpool manager Rafa Benitez has revealed that Fernando Torres is set to play again this year.

The Spanish striker had suffered a hamstring problem against Marseille on November 26 and was subsequently ruled out for up to three weeks.

However, recent reports claimed that the former Atletico Madrid star will only return to action in the New Year and Benitez has swiftly moved to dismiss the speculation.

"Fernando is progressing and improving so hopefully he will be back sooner rather than later," Benitez told the club's official website.

"It's just a question of waiting and not pressuring the player. I was with him today and he was okay.

"He has a lot of confidence now and when you have confidence, you can be fitter sooner.

"Everything is going well and I think it will be more or less the time we said before - maybe less."
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Greavesie » Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:43 pm

hopefully that means he will be ready and is not being rushed
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Octsky » Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:10 am

Alex G. wrote:
Espionage wrote:Sucks that no matter how good the rest of the season is, Torres will not have lived up to his first season at the club :(

He should retire from International Football

I don´t think the Torres injury is because of the international games.
Benitez tries to be too clever with all of this, but he should do more self-criticism. I´m not a fitness expert but...my opinion:

-The style of game that Rafa asks of Torres with continuous explosive runs at the back of the defence (stopped - explosive run, stopped - explosive run).

-The Torres diet could be a key factor to bear it in mind as well. I think he should gain weight and be stronger than he is now.

stop explosive runs? that is like asking peter couch not to head the ball. torres pace is a big part of his game, take away that and it is like fighting unarmed.

i second the suggestion for him to quit international football, coz it will be another 50 yrs before spain wins anything.
Octsky
LFC Super Member

Postby Madmax » Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:11 pm

Octsky wrote:
Alex G. wrote:
Espionage wrote:Sucks that no matter how good the rest of the season is, Torres will not have lived up to his first season at the club :(

He should retire from International Football

I don´t think the Torres injury is because of the international games.
Benitez tries to be too clever with all of this, but he should do more self-criticism. I´m not a fitness expert but...my opinion:

-The style of game that Rafa asks of Torres with continuous explosive runs at the back of the defence (stopped - explosive run, stopped - explosive run).

-The Torres diet could be a key factor to bear it in mind as well. I think he should gain weight and be stronger than he is now.

stop explosive runs? that is like asking peter couch not to head the ball. torres pace is a big part of his game, take away that and it is like fighting unarmed.

i second the suggestion for him to quit international football, coz it will be another 50 yrs before spain wins anything.

exactly. without his explosive runs he will be half the striker he is now.
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:46 pm

Last edited by Ciggy on Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:23 pm

:( Main thing is he is fit when he comes back. We can't afford for him to do it again.
account deleted by request

Postby roberto green » Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:54 pm

Has anyone got any news of when Fernando is back?
roberto green

Postby metalhead » Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:29 pm

torres

please come back nino  :(  :sniffle
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Alex G. » Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:36 pm

I don´t think he will be ready for the Arsenal game.
Alex G.
LFC Super Member

Postby Rush Job » Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:12 am

Looks like we will be at full strengh come the new year.
As I said when Torres first got injured if we are still top when he comes back we've got a great chance.
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby club_Levis » Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:36 am

Any news on how far our ace striker is from full fitness?..Is he back to full training...Pictures are also welcome. :grinning:
club_Levis

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion