Owen - Bargain of the decade

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Aug 13, 2004 3:46 pm

Personally I am devastated  that Michael has severed his ties with Liverpool football Club
And I risk the wrath of the more shallow minded on this forum by stating  Real Madrid are getting the services of a truly world class player  .
I can not for one minute bring myself to believe Owen will be prepared to sit on the bench ,Owen is an exceptional player who will certainly make his mark at Madrid and I fully expect him to force his way into the managers fist team selections  .

Michael I wish you the best  for the the future and thank you for the moments you made going to Anfield a thing of joy .

Benitez’s revolution is just beginning  Im sorry Owen has to be ommitted  but I am sure Liverpool will not stand motionless  ,but a player of Owens calibre will for me  Personally be  missed the next time I watch the Red men at Anfield

???  ???
Attachments

[The extension has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby barnesrush » Fri Aug 13, 2004 4:40 pm

good luck to him he deserves it for all the goals playing for poor liverpool sides.

just ashame hes leaving before the good times come back to anfield.

hope he wont get shoved out on the right wing like lineker did at barca     :(  :(  :(  :(  :(
cut me and i bleed red
barnesrush

Postby the great one » Fri Aug 13, 2004 7:27 pm

why don't englishmen do well in diffrent country ? but would we accept him bak if he did a u-turn
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Badmao1 » Fri Aug 13, 2004 7:49 pm

Why not post in the other 200 owen leaving Liverppol threads?
Badmao1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Fri Aug 13, 2004 8:10 pm

The only "gripe" i have is why only £8 million for a player of his quality? its a disgrace! I cant beleive we let him go so cheap ok so we get this guy nunnes, but he aint worth that much? i would rather have had the choice of morrentes Real madrid have got a bargain there. I cant understand why owen left it until just before the start of the season then decide he wanted to join madrid, this took away any bartering power we may have had, madrid knew this, thats why they offered a paltry sum of £8 mill.only last wk owen was stating how close he was to signing a new contract, then out of the blue he does this?.. benitez said at to-days press conference that he wanted owen to stay but the culmination of owen and agents had made it difficult to negotiate a  deal? I just think owen has left us a  "bit dead in the water" with this late u-turn and taken the focus and preperation off a very important game for us tomorrow.  :(
"THERE ARE TWO GREAT FOOTBALL TEAMS IN LIVERPOOL"
  LIVERPOOL..........................AND LIVERPOOL RESERVES!
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Fri Aug 13, 2004 8:13 pm

I think Owen's agents had something to do with it, greedy ******.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Voices from Yates » Fri Aug 13, 2004 8:19 pm

I hope we'd lever Alonso signing, by giving up MO.
But it seems REAL are now in earnest to take him as well, now Vierra deal is dead. ???
Go Red or go home
Voices from Yates

Postby the great one » Fri Aug 13, 2004 8:23 pm

look like hes arrivedOWEN JETS IN TO SEAL MADRID MOVEi exspect the deal to be finalzed soon
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Fri Aug 13, 2004 8:35 pm

What if Owen changes his mind at the very last minute lol, hey you could never know what might happen.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby fivecups » Fri Aug 13, 2004 8:58 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:Personally I am devastated  that Michael has severed his ties with Liverpool football Club
And I risk the wrath of the more shallow minded on this forum by stating  Real Madrid are getting the services of a truly world class player  .
I can not for one minute bring myself to believe Owen will be prepared to sit on the bench ,Owen is an exceptional player who will certainly make his mark at Madrid and I fully expect him to force his way into the managers fist team selections  .

Nicely said RBG

Personally though I think he owed us another year, especially as discussion regarding a new contract had been going on for so long and the fact that Benitez was his manager of choice.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Fri Aug 13, 2004 9:21 pm

I agree, it would been nice if he would had played at least for one more year.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Ciggy » Fri Aug 13, 2004 9:35 pm

just f#ckin baffled by it all hes was tellin us porkies last week he was gona sign my @ss :angry:  :angry:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Fri Aug 13, 2004 9:36 pm

well things happened.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion