The bargain basement sale.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby anti-hero » Sat May 06, 2006 2:08 am

Riquelme.

Yeah RIGHT.

Pennant's a name that's been mentioned a million times on this thread, but I think he is certainly the BEST BUY out of all the clubs that are sinking into the Coca-Cola abyss. He's still young but already putting in consistent performances and with a couple of more years he will be a hurricane on the right wing of any team.

I just hope its Liverpool.

PENNANT TO ANFIELD!
anti-hero
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby BOODIDDY » Tue May 09, 2006 9:42 am

zoltan gera from the clubs that have gone down.  Never one for defoe but with keane totally unavailable then defoe it might have to be. Andy johnsen i can see coming here. Would love to see swp but cant see chelski cutting losses on him to us.
BOODIDDY
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ALONSO » Wed May 10, 2006 10:06 pm

Thers a rumour going round that benitez is set to offer 14mil for swp. Im sure he would like to leave chelsea but like you say will they let him go, especially to us.
ALONSO

Postby Morth » Wed May 10, 2006 11:07 pm

I'd be well happy with us signing Zoltan Gera and Jermaine Pennant this season, they would both make fine squad players, and offer us more options going forward.  I can't really see where Gera would slot in though, as I rate him as a more english-type Garcia.  And in the attacking midfielder role, we already have Zenden, Kewell, Gerrard and Garcia as capable personel. 

So as much as I rate Gera, I think realisticly we will probably only put in an offer for Pennant this season.  He's an out and out natural winger, shows good work rate defensivly, and is a good crosser of the ball.  I also think he would be content with being a squad rotation player, as his other options are Championship football. 

As for strikers I'm not that sure.  We have a superb central midfield, and perhaps playing Garcia / Kewell / Gerrard as a second striker will do us just fine next season.  I can then see us offloading more strikers than we bring in.  Say we sell Morientes, Sinama and Mellor.  We'd probably only see one coming in.  He would be a first rate striker I think though, to be our regular man up front next season.  Then we'd use Crouch, Cisse, Fowler, Garcia and Kewell as they're performing in training.   I have this feeling we'll use Kewell, Zenden and Garcia all over the attacking side of the pitch next season.  And the number of options that leaves us is quite frankly awesome.
Why does Sea World have a seafood restaurant?
I'm half way through my FISH burger and I realize, Oh my God...
I could be eating a slow learner!

http://www.kopites.net  -  Regularly updated LFC clips and pictures.
Morth

Postby PCG77 » Fri May 12, 2006 4:34 pm

someone who will come back into calculations is Upson. Cant see him plying his trade in the Championship. i know we  have been linked 2 a series of central defenders but he fits the age bracket and is proven in the premiership
PCG77

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion