Final to move from moscow?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby tubby » Sat Apr 19, 2008 3:23 pm

ruskiy playmaker wrote:
bavlondon wrote:I cant believe Moscow got it in the first place. The place is a shithole honestly.

Why, have you been there?

Ive been there a few times and on both occasions I saw ranomd immigrants geting attacked in the street or on the train by skin head locals. Im sure there are nice people there but the country on the whole is too shifty and doesnt deserve the final.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:19 am

maypaxvobiscum wrote:stupid idea. the ECL wasnt created so an english club could win it so why the special treatment? each country have a chance to host the final each year and just because both clubs might be english doesnt mean it should be played in england, moscow will lose revenue, the russian football federation will rightly so feel ill-treated and the football fans there will feel cheated. put yourselves in their position and if the final was shifted to italy or spain instead.

2003 AC Milan vs Juventus (old trafford)
2000 Real Madrid vs Valencia (Stade De France)

Those are the only two European Cup finals involving sides from the same country I can find, obviously a tad difficult BEFORE they allowed non-Champions in and called it the Champion League  ??? Did they move those finals? No, probably because they weren't so far east. Eastern European countries like Romania, Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland etc have never had the final. So it would seem UEFA are spreading it about, they're not likely to change the venue simply based on who is playing

VENUES (1990-2008)

2008 Moscow (Russia)
2007 Athens (Greece)
2006 Paris (France)
2005 Istanbul (Turkey)
2004 Gelsenkirchen (Germany)
2003 manchester (England)
2002 Glasgow (Scotland)
2001 Milan (Italy)
2000 Paris (France)
1999 Barcelona (Spain)
1998 Amsterdam (Holland)
1997 Munich (Germany)
1996 Rome (Italy)
1995 Vienna (Austria)
1994 Athens (Greece)
1993 Munich (Germany)
1992 London (England)
1991 Bari (Italy)
1990 Vienna (Austria)

It had rather leaned towards Western Europe for quite some time with Greece being about as close to Eastern Europe as it got. It was held in Yugoslavia back in 1973 and Belgium, Portugal and Switzerland not among those listed so very much leaned towards the major European footballing nations

And of course it makes the English look arrogant when some keep going on about odds on all-English finals and three out of four semi-finalists so we're 'dominating' the competition. We wouldn't even be the first country to have two teams in the final, and that despite having so many semi-finalists and the mancs bragging they were the best side in Europe for seven consecutive quarter-finals! Real Madrid trumped that bigtime with three wins in six seasons, but never mind hey
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jope » Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:33 pm

Moscow final / visa: For getting visa you need also an invitation from a Russian tour operator with reference number.
I could made a reservation for a hotel booking without payment until 30.04.08. They will send me invitation in 1 hour by mail, if I decide to fly to Moscow til 01.05.08, so that I have possibillity to ask for visa at once, because also many Russian celebration days will come, when embassy is closed:
01.05, 09.05., o.k., we in Germany will not have so many problems as you in England, but I can suggest only to do the same: mail adress is info@troikareisen.com, page (but in German only); www.troikareisen.com, they all speak and write in English, best wishes, Joerg / Berlin
jope

Postby murphy0151 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:23 pm

bavlondon wrote:I cant believe Moscow got it in the first place. The place is a shithole honestly.

So was istanbul and athens mate
murphy0151
LFC Super Member

Postby zarababe » Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:01 pm

UEFA won't change it - no way jose !
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous