The word "support" - My view

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Kharhaz » Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:14 am

Ive supported LFC all my life. The beginning of my support were good times. We had players like Dalglish, Whelan, Houghton, Rush, Molby, Grobbelaar. We won the FA Cup. Against Everton. Rush scored twice. Liverpool FC were THE team to beat. During that time my life was good, I had a mother, a father, 3 brothers and 1 sister.

I remember when Dalglish quit. Shock wasnt the word. Disbelief summed it up more for me. Heres a man, played for Liverpool, Managed Liverpool, and above all lived for Liverpool.
When he left it was like a sword that dropped through my heart. The many years afterwards without Dalglish we didnt win much. Compared to what we were used to, we were becoming starved of trophies. During our centenary, John Motson released a very good video of Liverpool FC and at the end of that video was a match in which Graeme Souness won the FA Cup. Great trophy to win but any who have seen that video can feel the pulse run right through there heart.

Today, we have a manager who has done something not even King Kenny did as a manager. He has won us the European Cup. Got us into another final in which we lost but ask any other team where they would prefer to end up if the couldn't win the cup.

Today I have 1 brother, 1 Wife, 2 Kids and a European cup to cherish.
Even today, I still feel blessed.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:21 am

to be fair mate dalglish won the european cup as a player, but took over as manager just as we got banned from europe.

i have to say since my first game in 1973 my support has never wavered, never once have i felt like packing it all in, but i have had many disappointments in that time, but i am also blessed since six years of age in 1973 i have been lucky enough to see many trophies won, and none sweeter than the league mate.

but i am also now old enough to realise that everything we do is not great, we make many mistakes, on the pitch and off it, there was a time i would argue with anyone who had something bad to say, but not if they are right with their comments i will agree with them, thats not lacking support, thats being honest.

we are still all lucky to support such a great club, and the league will come again some day, maybe this season, maybe next, but only when rafa sorts his head out and stops f*cking about  :D
112-1077774096

Postby Kharhaz » Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:28 am

peewee wrote:to be fair mate dalglish won the european cup as a player, but took over as manager just as we got banned from europe.

i have to say since my first game in 1973 my support has never wavered, never once have i felt like packing it all in, but i have had many disappointments in that time, but i am also blessed since six years of age in 1973 i have been lucky enough to see many trophies won, and none sweeter than the league mate.

but i am also now old enough to realise that everything we do is not great, we make many mistakes, on the pitch and off it, there was a time i would argue with anyone who had something bad to say, but not if they are right with their comments i will agree with them, thats not lacking support, thats being honest.

we are still all lucky to support such a great club, and the league will come again some day, maybe this season, maybe next, but only when rafa sorts his head out and stops f*cking about  :D

I know about Dalglish winning the cup as a player ! and like you have many great memories. My point being, we drew against birmingham, so what? look at all the leagues Liverpool won and look at all the early results they had, look at the support they had. Nothing like what is happening now. Matchday threads I dont tend to get involved in because we have the premiership multicoloured shirt swappers offering there opinions. We are unbeaten so far this season and people are upset. I prefer the old support.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:39 am

we never had internet then to discuss it mate but i know i discussed things in the pub after the game as do all fans.

i know over the years we have had bad results mate, but generally they were part of a good season and a one off blip. however since our last title obviously we have had many blips  :D  so they will be discussed by fans, its just now we have these forums to air our views so we are no longer just discussing it with our mates.

there is a point to all this discussion though, if we were just playing poorly then we would discuss that, however we have to discuss no whether rotation is playing a part in all this.

personally i am hoping rafa proves me wrong as he doesnt look like changing, so oly two things can happen here, he will carry on getting it wrong or it will suddenly start to work, but in the 4th yar of trying i cant hold out too much hope
112-1077774096

Postby Owzat » Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:38 pm

I said a while back Rafa had managed 10 points from 21 in each of his first three seasons. This season we raced to 10 points from 12 and I'm worried we'll choke just like Houllier's side did when we started with nine wins and three draws. Then we were top, now we're not even that and we've made a good start which doesn't seem like it because we're already four points behind the leaders..................
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion