Djibril cisse - Marseille will not sign striker djibril

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby puroresu » Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:18 pm

Stu.Murph wrote:Are you gutted lad?

Not really.  rafa didnt like him, I accept that.  Do I think replacing Cisse with Kuyt or Bellamy is the answer? No.
puroresu

Postby Stu.Murph » Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:05 pm

JBG wrote:
Stu.Murph wrote:Porpesu

Wasn't he the Romanian sweeper that played for Barcelona and Spurs?  :D

Cisse is a terrible player. All he had was pace and a reasonably good shot, could do little else with the ball and probably the forward with the least street smarts doing the rounds at the higher levels at the moment.

If Cisse's movement was anywhere near that of say, Luis Saha, he'd be a decent player, but rarely have I seen such a brain dead footballer play at the highest level.

Traore...

Not a suprise they both played for us. :no
Stu.Murph
LFC Super Member

Postby kunilson » Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:51 pm

is that mick foley on that guy's sig?

cisse can run fast.
kunilson
LFC Super Member

Postby destro » Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:23 pm

puroresu wrote:
destro wrote:
Igor Zidane wrote:Marseille are loosing interest.

Roughly translated as, "Liverpool have loads of money now so they wont really want a lot for Cisse, we can get him on the cheap if we act like we dont want him"

B.ollox to em, give us Ribery in a swop deal, hes already said he wants to leave but Arsenal and Chelsea are sniffing around him

Exactly when did Ribery say he wants to leave?  He hasnt said that all. 

Ribéry was linked with a move to several top clubs. However, he stated in July 2006 that he plans on seeing out the next four years at Marseille.

In a confusing turn of events, shortly after making this statement, Ribéry claimed during an interview for French top channel TF1 that he had changed his mind and will eventually quit Olympique de Marseille

Thats when he said it  :rasp

Source wikipedia
destro

Postby puroresu » Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:37 pm

destro wrote:
puroresu wrote:
destro wrote:
Igor Zidane wrote:Marseille are loosing interest.

Roughly translated as, "Liverpool have loads of money now so they wont really want a lot for Cisse, we can get him on the cheap if we act like we dont want him"

B.ollox to em, give us Ribery in a swop deal, hes already said he wants to leave but Arsenal and Chelsea are sniffing around him

Exactly when did Ribery say he wants to leave?  He hasnt said that all. 

Ribéry was linked with a move to several top clubs. However, he stated in July 2006 that he plans on seeing out the next four years at Marseille.

In a confusing turn of events, shortly after making this statement, Ribéry claimed during an interview for French top channel TF1 that he had changed his mind and will eventually quit Olympique de Marseille

Thats when he said it  :rasp

Source wikipedia

Source wikipedia. lol

What was a fact was Ribery before the World Cup said he wanted to leave and then he changed is mind to stay this season.

He has a gentlemans agreement where if he wants to go in the summer OM will not stand in his way.  But we are talking £15 mil minimum.
puroresu

Postby red_guy » Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:36 am

JBG wrote:If Cisse's movement was anywhere near that of say, Luis Saha, he'd be a decent player, but rarely have I seen such a brain dead footballer play at the highest level.

Yup....you're spot on.  :nod
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly
red_guy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:55 pm

puroresu wrote:Marseille striker Djibril Cisse has revealed he is no closer to deciding his future.

Cisse, who is on loan from Liverpool, has endured a difficult season with L'OM. He has featured in just 15 games this campaign, scoring only four goals and he has been on the receiving end of jeers from fans.

"On Sunday, I heard people talking about sending me to New York. The next day, it was an English club," Cisse told L'Equipe.

"New York, it's really too early to talk about. Liverpool, L'OM and I have to gather together. But nothing has been set so far so there is no question about it.

"There is a date, May 15, to seize the chance to buy me, but no talks have started yet.

"Of course if I am always booed, it is not exactly what I expect and what I want to experience in the long term. But if it improves, why can't I stay at L'OM?"

The 25-year-old is however, remaining optimistic about his future. He has made a return to the field following two broken legs and, despite not featuring as much as he would like to for L'OM, he is targeting a place in the French national team.

"I feel a little better now. I am dealing with the situation calmly. I have understood that I am not in the team anymore, but the door is not closed. Of course that situation affects me, but I talked a lot with my family and they have calmed me down," he continued.

"In the end I am happy with my current season. I have got back on the pitch again after my second broken leg and I have played in about 15 matches. I am happy when I see where I have come from.

"The French team is a real concern to me. I don't want what happens now to damage the efforts I have made to come back. Moreover, there is a French national match in Auxerre in June and I would like to be a part of it."

I read today he claims he will heading towards Anfield in the summer. I can see him either staying out on loan until his contract expires or just seeing it out in the reserves. Why oh why did we pay £14m for him?!?!? Still it's not £30m for a striker and while Cisse may not have been a revelation, he has played a few good games and won a few games that many conveniently forget. Did he not win the UEFA Super Cup for us? He scored winners away to Anderlecht and West Ham, equalisers away to Brum and of course scored against West Ham in the Cup final to put us back in the game and scored a few others in 2005/6.

Cisse (Liverpool) - 24 goals in 78 appearances (0.308)

Some up front, lots of appearances as sub (36/78 = 46.15%) Not as useless as some will say although he did have a touch of the Peter Crouch in front of goal sometimes
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby puroresu » Thu Apr 19, 2007 2:18 pm

Owzat wrote:
puroresu wrote:Marseille striker Djibril Cisse has revealed he is no closer to deciding his future.

Cisse, who is on loan from Liverpool, has endured a difficult season with L'OM. He has featured in just 15 games this campaign, scoring only four goals and he has been on the receiving end of jeers from fans.

"On Sunday, I heard people talking about sending me to New York. The next day, it was an English club," Cisse told L'Equipe.

"New York, it's really too early to talk about. Liverpool, L'OM and I have to gather together. But nothing has been set so far so there is no question about it.

"There is a date, May 15, to seize the chance to buy me, but no talks have started yet.

"Of course if I am always booed, it is not exactly what I expect and what I want to experience in the long term. But if it improves, why can't I stay at L'OM?"

The 25-year-old is however, remaining optimistic about his future. He has made a return to the field following two broken legs and, despite not featuring as much as he would like to for L'OM, he is targeting a place in the French national team.

"I feel a little better now. I am dealing with the situation calmly. I have understood that I am not in the team anymore, but the door is not closed. Of course that situation affects me, but I talked a lot with my family and they have calmed me down," he continued.

"In the end I am happy with my current season. I have got back on the pitch again after my second broken leg and I have played in about 15 matches. I am happy when I see where I have come from.

"The French team is a real concern to me. I don't want what happens now to damage the efforts I have made to come back. Moreover, there is a French national match in Auxerre in June and I would like to be a part of it."

I read today he claims he will heading towards Anfield in the summer. I can see him either staying out on loan until his contract expires or just seeing it out in the reserves. Why oh why did we pay £14m for him?!?!? Still it's not £30m for a striker and while Cisse may not have been a revelation, he has played a few good games and won a few games that many conveniently forget. Did he not win the UEFA Super Cup for us? He scored winners away to Anderlecht and West Ham, equalisers away to Brum and of course scored against West Ham in the Cup final to put us back in the game and scored a few others in 2005/6.

Cisse (Liverpool) - 24 goals in 78 appearances (0.308)

Some up front, lots of appearances as sub (36/78 = 46.15%) Not as useless as some will say although he did have a touch of the Peter Crouch in front of goal sometimes

I dont know where that report came from today.  If they have translated his comments to the French Media then the report is BS.  In regard to Liverpool the only thing he has said is that his a Liverpool player and if Liverpool want him to return he will.  Thats correct isnt it?
puroresu

Postby redmikey » Thu Apr 19, 2007 2:19 pm

i do hate being negative about one of our player BUT i have never thought he was good enough for us and that gh dropped a b@llock trying to find a replacement for owen who he knew was leaving

at the moment i would love him to come and sort things out with rafa and develop a first touch score 30 a season as it would save us a few quid, i would also like the  euro lotto numbers on a massive roll over but it won't happen

the best we can hope for is a decent return on our money or a good swap deal with martin jol who seems to want him
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion