Djibril cisse - Marseille will not sign striker djibril

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby destro » Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:52 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:Marseille are loosing interest.

Roughly translated as, "Liverpool have loads of money now so they wont really want a lot for Cisse, we can get him on the cheap if we act like we dont want him"

B.ollox to em, give us Ribery in a swop deal, hes already said he wants to leave but Arsenal and Chelsea are sniffing around him
destro

Postby jaytoothetee » Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:09 pm

methinks that would be good. ribery could be class for us. i think he can play both wings?? but which side does he prefer?

One time, I saw a man looking at me, yes, with his eyes. And then, he, he picked up a tube. And he looked, in the tube, and he made the moon big, inside the tube. The moon big inside a tube! Waahaha... Aaah. Telescope.
jaytoothetee

Postby puroresu » Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:25 am

destro wrote:
Igor Zidane wrote:Marseille are loosing interest.

Roughly translated as, "Liverpool have loads of money now so they wont really want a lot for Cisse, we can get him on the cheap if we act like we dont want him"

B.ollox to em, give us Ribery in a swop deal, hes already said he wants to leave but Arsenal and Chelsea are sniffing around him

Exactly when did Ribery say he wants to leave?  He hasnt said that all.  He has said OM qualifying for the Champions League is vital for him to stay.  Going by the comments from the Chairman if Ribery does go his going to cost more than 30M Euro's.  Yes Ribery can go both sides but naturally more right sided.  For OM he doesnt play as an orthdox winger. More in a free role like McManaman used to play for us.

Marseille president Pape Diouf says that on-loan Liverpool striker Djibril Cisse's future at Stade Velodrome is undecided.

The former Auxerre hitman joined Marseille in the summer despite suffering a broken leg before the World Cup last summer, and French press had reported that Cisse would definitely return to Liverpool in the summer - something Diouf denies.

"It is a false story because no decision has been made," Diouf told Eurosport. "There are three parties involved - Marseille, Liverpool and Djibril.

"We are still not in agreement, there are a few things to do this season, whether that be in the cup or league."

After a long road to fitness, 25-year-old Cisse initially impressed before drawing recent fan and press criticism for a barren spell. But Diouf defended his player, saying:

"For sure, Djibirl is currently experiencing some tough times and criticism.

"But we know the fickle nature of the public, and we also know how, in football, things come and go. If we progress in the Cup and he scores in the next match everything will change. We must remain sensible and let things happen naturally."

Eurosport - MD & RM - 17/04/2007 15:56

Marseille president Pape Diouf has told Eurosport that Franck Ribery can leave in the summer - but only if the price is right.

Ribery was linked with a move after the 2006 World Cup, but Marseille refused to let him go and are reaping the rewards as they push for Champions League qualification.

"There's a reason for us having moved heaven and earth to keep Franck Ribery," Diouf told Eurosport about the decision to retain him this season. "We knew at that time that there could be some pressure on our team.

"What he showed (in the 4-1 win over) Lille last week is not a consequence of luck at our decision to retain him. To come back from our last defeat, at Lorient, it has to be said that we missed him."

Diouf went onto admit that Marseille would be open to offers for the player, who has attracted interest from the likes of Arsenal, Juventus, Manchester United, Bayern Munich, Real Madrid and Lyon.

"I have left the door half-open for him and have given him good-will if he decides to go," he continued. "What I'm trying to say is that we will be less inflexible this year. Last year it was "He will not leave" but today it is different.

"If the conditions are right for a transfer, we will not close the door. But for this to happen there must be a buyer, the boy must be happy to go to this potential buyer and we must be in agreement with the buyer.

"If we are in agreement, there will be no problem. But you cannot say that, just because he is allowed to leave on good terms, he will automatically leave. Franck Ribery has also said that, if we get to the Champions League, he could stay."

Diouf, however, denied that there were any suitors for a player who missed a month recently with a foot injury, and gave a hint as to what such a suitor would have to part with in order to acquire Ribery's services.

"There has been no approach, to be honest," he admitted. "Regarding his price, we have an idea. I believe Jean-Michel Aulas when he says players like (Lyon defender) Eric Abidal are worth 25-30 million euros. That already gives an indication on how much our player - who is an attacking midfielder and international - would cost."

Diouf went onto deny that a new buyer had been found for Marseille following the collapse of the Jack Kachkar deal.

Eurosport - Maxime Dupuis and Reda Maher - 17/04/2007 18:57

Rafa Benitez hopes to find a club to take Djibril Cisse off Liverpool's hands on a permanent basis in the summer.

Cisse is currently on loan at Marseille, but reports suggest the French club are increasingly unlikely to take up the option of an £8million permanent deal.

The striker has scored just four goals in 15 appearances in Ligue 1 and has been booed by the Stade Velodrome fans.

Benitez, who does not count on Cisse for his future plans, feels there could be further interest should Marseille decline to push through a permanent transfer.

"Maybe we will have other clubs interested in him," said Benitez in The Times.

Meanwhile, Cisse has reiterated his plea for patience from the Marseille supporters, insisting he is not 'Superman'.

Cisse told L'Equipe: "I can understand it (the fans' frustration), but they can also understand that to find this level is not done by the waving of a magic wand and what is needed is patience.

"I am not Superman.

"But, whistled or not, I make fun about it. There remain seven matches here and then another season will start.

"You will be able to judge me on a whole season."
puroresu

Postby Ace Ventura » Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:00 am

Ciggy wrote:
Igor Zidane wrote:On the back of the echo tonight , Liverpool set to lose 8million on Cisse . Can't do the linky thing sorry . Basically Marseille are loosing interest.

Probably join Houllier at Newcastle.

Yeah the night life and clubs are supposed to be good up there  :D

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Tobin*LFC* » Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:03 am

I hope we get some money back for him because he has been a massive flop for us and the only reason he was at liverpool was because of houllier.
I also did not like his attitude at times it felt like he thought he was bigger than the club and he should always be in the starting 11.
You'll Never Walk Alone..
Tobin*LFC*

Postby tubby » Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:03 pm

I cant believe hes our most expensive striker ever.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kobashi » Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:50 pm

Tobin*LFC* wrote:I hope we get some money back for him because he has been a massive flop for us and the only reason he was at liverpool was because of houllier.
I also did not like his attitude at times it felt like he thought he was bigger than the club and he should always be in the starting 11.

thats a myth!

you name me one time when cisse complained about sitting on the bench or playing RW??
kobashi

Postby stmichael » Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:59 pm

At the end of the day he's just not a Rafa Benitez player whatever way you look at it- whether it be work ethic, application, tactical awareness or whatever you want.

Don't get me wrong, he's not a bad player (very inconsistent and erratic though) and I think he'd be alright in a team that played to his strengths and had play going through him all the time in the final third- as it did at Auxerre.

If you're going to have a player who contributes more or less nothing else in the way of workrate and link up play then he has to be an Owen type player who'd have one chance a game and finish it - Cissé has neither attributes.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby babu » Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:47 pm

kobashi wrote:
Tobin*LFC* wrote:I hope we get some money back for him because he has been a massive flop for us and the only reason he was at liverpool was because of houllier.

thats a myth!

you name me one time when cisse complained about sitting on the bench or playing RW??

Let me you ask you a question, who created the myth and why?

he was a whinge bag.

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu.Murph » Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:06 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:On the back of the echo tonight , Liverpool set to lose 8million on Cisse . Can't do the linky thing sorry . Basically Marseille are loosing interest.

Can't spell losing either... :D

Porpesu or whatever he's called, Graeme Noble and Madman will be having kittens... Their beloved Sissy...

Hopefully we'll get a couple of million and cut our losses. Shocking signing.
Stu.Murph
LFC Super Member

Postby jkop » Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:24 pm

Agreed a couple of million for him, the man is more interested in his haircuts than anything else. :no
Were not Brazil were Norn Iron.
          Faugh a Ballagh.
                YNWA
        Healy......Healy !!!!!
jkop
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby club_Levis » Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:51 pm

puroresu wrote:
stmichael wrote:Cisse has let us and himself down IMO. He had a chance to re-establish himself at Marseille. He had talked very favourably about them in the past (favourite team in France etc.) It looks like he has blown his chances of signing for them, unless of course they see his potential and want to knowck the price down to £4M or so by pretending they don't want him.

Another option for Cisse might just be Houllier's Lyon. They have loads of cash, and if Ged sells a striker this summer, he may well want Djibs to come in and rebuild his career under him.

Lyons are dominant in France and it may well suit Cisse to go there. He will get amongst the goals again and could quite possibly get his career on track. I'm convincing myself of this, so let me make a prediction:

Cisse to Lyon for around £7M this summer.

I think thats slightly unfair.  While he hasnt been at his absolute best since going to Marseille he hasnt been awful either.  The injuries have to be taken into account and he was never going to hit off straight away.

Lyon could be an option.  Maybe, depends on who Lyon's targets are.  The Lyon chairman says they got over £100 Mil Euro's to spend so I expect them to be going for some big big names.  But then again Houliier took him to Anfield so may well be interested. 

As for scoring goals, trust me that league isnt an easy league to score goals in no matter what the uneducated say.  Baros isnt banging them in left right and centre and his at Lyon.

The way people talk about Cisse here yd be fooled into believing they are talking about Diao. Cisse was overpriced at 14 million but is not a useless striker. He even outscored all the strikers we had last season despite playing less. Just like any other player he is affected by horrific injuries. I havnt seen anything suggesting Veronin can be a better player.
club_Levis

Postby puroresu » Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:52 pm

Marseille striker Djibril Cisse has revealed he is no closer to deciding his future.

Cisse, who is on loan from Liverpool, has endured a difficult season with L'OM. He has featured in just 15 games this campaign, scoring only four goals and he has been on the receiving end of jeers from fans.

"On Sunday, I heard people talking about sending me to New York. The next day, it was an English club," Cisse told L'Equipe.

"New York, it's really too early to talk about. Liverpool, L'OM and I have to gather together. But nothing has been set so far so there is no question about it.

"There is a date, May 15, to seize the chance to buy me, but no talks have started yet.

"Of course if I am always booed, it is not exactly what I expect and what I want to experience in the long term. But if it improves, why can't I stay at L'OM?"

The 25-year-old is however, remaining optimistic about his future. He has made a return to the field following two broken legs and, despite not featuring as much as he would like to for L'OM, he is targeting a place in the French national team.

"I feel a little better now. I am dealing with the situation calmly. I have understood that I am not in the team anymore, but the door is not closed. Of course that situation affects me, but I talked a lot with my family and they have calmed me down," he continued.

"In the end I am happy with my current season. I have got back on the pitch again after my second broken leg and I have played in about 15 matches. I am happy when I see where I have come from.

"The French team is a real concern to me. I don't want what happens now to damage the efforts I have made to come back. Moreover, there is a French national match in Auxerre in June and I would like to be a part of it."
puroresu

Postby Stu.Murph » Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:55 pm

Are you gutted lad?
Stu.Murph
LFC Super Member

Postby JBG » Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:12 pm

Stu.Murph wrote:Porpesu

Wasn't he the Romanian sweeper that played for Barcelona and Spurs?  :D

Cisse is a terrible player. All he had was pace and a reasonably good shot, could do little else with the ball and probably the forward with the least street smarts doing the rounds at the higher levels at the moment.

If Cisse's movement was anywhere near that of say, Luis Saha, he'd be a decent player, but rarely have I seen such a brain dead footballer play at the highest level.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion