Thread to talk about anything - Anyone welcome :)

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby sophe_lfc_4_lyf » Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:19 pm

There we go..
I thread for ANYONE to talk about ANYTHING in  :D
Noone can moan and argue in here because its not just a set topic, its to speak about anything in  :D
Or for people who want to stay out of the real world because its violent in there  :D

YNWA.. Drummerphil_[*]
sophe_lfc_4_lyf
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:28 pm

:laugh:   :buttrock

this could become legendary Sophe .   Well played .   :)

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby sophe_lfc_4_lyf » Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:29 pm

I wouldnt go that far woof :D

YNWA.. Drummerphil_[*]
sophe_lfc_4_lyf
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby sophe_lfc_4_lyf » Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:30 pm

So hows everyones day been? :D

YNWA.. Drummerphil_[*]
sophe_lfc_4_lyf
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby EddieC » Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:30 pm

Good afternoon :D
EddieC
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:30 pm

ok, i'll start, id like to talk about a band i used to listen to...neds atomic dustbin:

Ned's Atomic Dustbin are an English Grebo rock band formed in Stourbridge in West Midlands in November 1987. The band took their name from an episode of The Goon Show. The band were noted for an extremely unusual two bass player line up. Bass player Alex Griffin played melody lines high up on one bass, and Matt played the regular basslines on the other. This gave the band a tense and highly driven sub-hardcore sound with distorted indie guitars and complicated Baggy drum beats.

The band were noted for their young ages. Formed while at sixth form college, they recorded their first album while still teenagers. This led to a strong teenage fanbase with a reputation for enjoying stage diving and moshing at their gigs. The band were also noted (and sometimes ridiculed) for their early image which consisted of uniformly crimped hair, short trousers and t shirts. The Neds (as their fans referred to them) were well known for their T shirts and produced over 80 different designs within three years. Towards the end they also branched out into shorts, hats and other merchandise items.

Ned's Atomic Dustbin quickly gathered a strong fanbase after being noticed by local superstars The Wonder Stuff and offered a support slot on a UK tour. A top 50 hit "Kill Your Television" followed. They recorded their debut album Godfodder shortly afterwards and had top ten hits with "Until You Find Out" and "Happy" in 1991. Several years of hard working touring followed, playing with, amongst others Mega City Four, Senseless Things and Jesus Jones. During this period they recorded their second album Are You Normal in 1992, which was promoted by the singles "Not Sleeping Around" and "Intact".

The band spent the next few years on a worldwide tour before recording their final album Brainbloodvolume. The album had a more adult sound than before (because they were, after all, no longer teenagers), together with a more diverse sound including samplers and keyboards. Their record label released the album in America before the UK, so most fans bought in on import leading to a poor UK chart position when it was eventually released leading to tensions within the band and with the label. The poor chart showing may have also been to do with a changed music scene now fully in the swing of Britpop. The band had one last UK top 40 single with "All I Ask of Myself Is That I Hold Together" in 1995 following an appearance on The Word. The band split in 1995. Singer Jonn Penney formed a new band, Groundswell who had little success.

Ned's Atomic Dustbin reformed with a different line up in 2000, for a show in Dudley. The show was a success and the band have done a Christmas show every year since then, including a four date tour in 2004 where the band performed several new songs. In 2005 they again played a few late-December gigs, and on June 5, 2006, their first new single in 11 years, "Hibernation", was released, it was supported with a weekend concert series being called "Ned-Fest". The Single was not available at regular retailers. It was an online-only single, available as both an online CD purchase as well as downloadable.

"Hibernation" sales far surpassed expectation and the single has been a very worthwhile and exciting exercise for the band.

The band is currently still in discussion with distributors and the Chart Company in an attempt to clarify exactly where the song was finally placed in the singles chart and to establish exactly what impact the technical problems surrounding the chart registration of CD singles has had on the final placing. The answers may not be forthcoming any time soon.

The video game NCAA Football 2006 for Playstation 2 and Xbox features the song "Kill Your Television" whilst "Saturday Night" featured in the movie So I Married an Axe Murderer.

The band is currently in rehearsals and in the studio working on more new material.
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby EddieC » Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:31 pm

Just quit my job today, never felt better :)
EddieC
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby sophe_lfc_4_lyf » Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:31 pm

How come? :)

YNWA.. Drummerphil_[*]
sophe_lfc_4_lyf
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby EddieC » Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:34 pm

They were taking the p!ss. I work in sales, and they were expecting me to bring in twice as much business as anyone else, but earn the same money. So I found something else, more money, and jacked this job in. I've just been p!ssing about on the web for the whole afternoon, waiting for 5.30
EddieC
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby sophe_lfc_4_lyf » Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:38 pm

Haha nice one :D

YNWA.. Drummerphil_[*]
sophe_lfc_4_lyf
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dward » Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:42 pm

Woohoo! Just got my game in the post! :)
dward
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby sophe_lfc_4_lyf » Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:43 pm

What post?

YNWA.. Drummerphil_[*]
sophe_lfc_4_lyf
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rafa D » Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:56 pm

What game?
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby EddieC » Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:00 pm

What post?
EddieC
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rafa D » Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:00 pm

The Thread Were you talk about anything.....

PREPARE FOR THE DODD MEISTER!!!
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to General Chat Forum